The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Main IC Thread I
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> As the Company Goes . . . . -> Main IC Thread I Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bradwardine
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:56 am    Post subject: Main IC Thread I Reply with quote

Two and a half years after Endor:

"As the Company goes, so goes the Sector." So goes the signature advertisement slogan of Madnard Enterprises. It comes form the past, when Madnard's operations brought unprecedented prosperity and population growth to a sector. The saying went round at that time, and the company adopted it. Madnard Enterprises is the personal property of Rupret Madnard, an outspoken opponent of many Republic policies in the old days, and a conditional supporter of the New Republic in the present. At this moment, two of his employees are killing time in the small lounge of a company space barge headed to the rock-and-gravel mining moon of Zwerg . . . .
"Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." (Ecclesiastes 12:13b)
"God . . . now commandeth all men everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30b)
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarmon Kell sat in the lounge perusing the latest technical journal, Droidweek. He glanced up at his traveling companion. "What sort of issue are we dealing with? My briefling packet was a little light."
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zharin Moran truned to Jarmon Kell "Hm?..Oh, yes...I don't really know, but I do know that what we are hauling
in this piece of junk is only listed by weight, and well looking into it, all I saw was the normal company containers.
I supposed it is just becuse of our destination, it is a bit out of the way and we re not a warship so maybe it is to not be tempting
for any pirates?"
She sat down and turned on her small personal data pad "hmmm no messages....strange" she would mumble to her self before closing the pad down and tuen back to Jarmon Kell.
"why so concerned? we didn't have much briefing on the Zakaran job, but then again that ws a simple job, of flying a ship back to
Habnor. Bad feelings about this one?" She squints and gives Jarmon Kell a somewhat concerned look.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarmon smiled briefly and replied, "Bad feelings? No, not as such. I just like to have a vague idea of what we're supposed to be troubleshooting for Mr. Madnard." He shut down the datapad and replaced it in a storage pocket of his tan and gray utlity jumpsuit.
"I've never been to Zwerg. How about you?"
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No, never been there" Zharin Moran said with a little sigh. " I'm sure it' s gonna be a routine job" she says before offering a nod towards the hallway leading to the small crew cabins. "Time for some "shut eye", I guess" then she makes way towards her quarters
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarmon shrugged slightly and looked around the lounge. Seeing what he needed, Jarmon approached a passing crewman. "Excuse me, how long until we arrive at Zwerg?"
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Freeman sat in the same passenger area as Jarmon and Zharin. With grey skin and green hair he was humanoid but clearly not human. He wore a leather flight jacket, a white buttoned shirt with a black vest, and trousers. An odd looking belt, a pair of serious looking work boots and sunglasses completed his outfit.

Jack was perusing a datapad and didn't look up from it while the other two conversed, wondering about the mission. He knew Jarmon was his tech for this mission. The girl hadn't been assigned to him.

Once she left he was going to say something to Jarmon, but the guy got up and asked one of the crew when they'd be arriving at Zwerg. Jack would talk to him when Jarmon came back. Or when they landed. He wasn't in a rush.
Bradwardine
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: The crewman responds. Reply with quote

"An hour till realspace," the crewman responds, continuing his way towards the hallway as he spares Kell a short glance. "Then there's the several-hour trip insystem, and maybe the hangar's graveled in . . .," his voice continues down the hall his person just disappeared into, "and I've got to fix that lifting droid before then; pile of crates fell in the hold . . . ."
"Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." (Ecclesiastes 12:13b)
"God . . . now commandeth all men everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30b)
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zharin had just layed down when she hear the pilot, muffled by her cabin door, announcing the imminent transition to real space.
Sighing to her self she stretches before getting up and going through her footlocker, nodding as she picks up her blaster and her trusted knife, before she heads back to the lounge.
Seeing the pilot and hearing him mumble something about fixing the lifter she simply smiles " Are we expecting guests during these hours in system?"
Then she heads to the autocook and smiles as she presses the buttons " anyone want some?" she turns having had the autocook make a handful of space waffles.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thanks--" Jarmon replied to the departing crewman, who continued muttering and was lost in thought. He smiled slightly and returned to his seat. Seeing Zharin's offer, he pondered for a moment, then replied, "Thank you, no," and returned to reading a Droidweek article about a new line of precision servos for First Degree droids.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack glanced over the top of his datapad at Jarmon Kell, then he went back to his datapad. After a moment he spoke.

"So Kell, you're the tech for this mission. What's your specialty? Droids?"
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Droids, computers, the usual technical stuff," Jarmon replied without looking up from his article. "They just make sense to me." He peered over the datapad, and briefly scrutinized his new conversation partner. "Sounds like we're dealing with some malfunctions on Zwerg. I hope there weren't any injuries."
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having rested for a while she eventilly makes her way back to the crew lounge, making a quick pit stop at the autochef "anyone need some coffee?" she pours a full cup for her self while letting out a satisfied sigh.

" I am a bit ehh" she pauses again and looks into the air gathering her self before continuing " sort of surprised, you might say" again slowly and thinking as she speaks " that we have but only a destination, a cargo manifest but no real information" she shakes her head a little and seems to roll her eyes " yet.."

She then leans back, taking a long sip from her cup " any of you been on jobs with this little briefing, or have I maybe missed something? " then she grins " or maybe it is above my paygrade?"
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
"Sounds like we're dealing with some malfunctions on Zwerg. I hope there weren't any injuries."

Jack shrugged without looking up from his datapad. "If folks get injured, we send them to the doc droids. Nothing more we can do than that."

Jack looked up from what he was doing and looked Jarmon Kell in the eyes. "Its good to have a tech who knows these sorts of things."

He looked over at the lady. She was not included in his briefing packet, but from the conversation he could tell she worked for the company.

"The company doesn't know exactly what is going on Miss. That's why they send in trouble shooters like Mr. Kell and myself. What is it you do?"
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarmon shrugged. "Other than needing some technical expertise, I'm in the dark about this one." He thought for a moment before continuing. "Maybe it's a rush job and we'll receive more instructions on site, or maybe the Company just isn't sure and wants us to go in with our eyes and ears open."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> As the Company Goes . . . . All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: