The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

FFG ship stat conversion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> FFG ship stat conversion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: FFG ship stat conversion Reply with quote

Heya folks -

One of the things I’ve been working on for a while for my own entertainment is a method of converting FFG’s ship stats to D6, mostly because it seemed like the systems were too different and it couldn’t be done. I’ve recently come up with a system of conversion, and I wonder if that’s something anyone would be interested in?

I’d be happy to post it here if so.

It’s certainly different from conversion between D20/SAGA and D6, in that the math behind the conversions isn’t nearly so straightforward. I’ve had to use some pretty complicated equations to plot what on some cases are either exponential, logarithmic, or polynomial coefficients, but I think I’ve got a pretty solid matrix.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: FFG ship stat conversion Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:
One of the things I’ve been working on for a while for my own entertainment is a method of converting FFG’s ship stats to D6, mostly because it seemed like the systems were too different and it couldn’t be done. I’ve recently come up with a system of conversion, and I wonder if that’s something anyone would be interested in?

I’d be happy to post it here if so.

It’s certainly different from conversion between D20/SAGA and D6, in that the math behind the conversions isn’t nearly so straightforward. I’ve had to use some pretty complicated equations to plot what on some cases are either exponential, logarithmic, or polynomial coefficients, but I think I’ve got a pretty solid matrix.

Heya Mojo. I love math and I'd love to see a conversion system for FFG to D6, even if only for ships and vehicles. I'm sure other people would be interested in conversion too. Thanks!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too, am interested. Always love having more ships to shop for!
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see that also. Smile

Are you focusing on the X-Wing game or covering the Armada ships too?
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okey dokey! This is copypasta'd from my Reddit post in the FFG forum, which you can find here. Please take a look and let me know if there are any comments or suggestions on these formulas!

Here's the Reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/swrpg/comments/98l7zz/d6_ship_conversions/

Ok, here we go!

To start with, it's important to note four things:

1. This is an approximation designed to cover the *largest number of stats with the most accuracy*. As such, there are some ships that **do not convert correctly**, the primary reasons being a) FFG and WEG do not agree on that ship's capabilities (one or the other has statted it higher or lower than the average for its class), or b) FFG's or WEG's stats are inconsistent with each other. If a ship doesn't convert over 1:1 that's ok - it usually just means FFG thinks of the ship a little differently than WEG does. Still, these formulas have been heavily tested and perform with about 80% accuracy.

2. WEG is a *more granular system* than FFG. This means that when converting from WEG into the much simpler FFG, there is **information lost**. As such, if you were to convert a WEG stat to FFG and back again, you would likely get a different result each time. This is expected with systems of different density.

3. Each system has statistics for things that the other system does not. In many cases, these can be approximated, but are not 100%.

4. I am always looking for help refining these conversion tables!

# Silhouette and Scale

How big is the ship? FFG Silhouette is an abstraction of scale, but there is a clear and mostly consistent silhouette-to-length conversion. Because each Silhouette matches to a range of size, for ships which do not have a listed length, simply use the hand-adjusted estimate for each Silhouette, which matches the majority of ships to within a few meters (or a few dozen, for larger Silhouettes).

| FFG Silhouette | Length | Length Estimate | D6 Scale |
|----------------|---------------|-----------------|-------------|
| 0 | 0-1.5m | 1 | Starfighter |
| 1 | 1.5-2.5m | 2 | Starfighter |
| 2 | 2.5-7m | 5 | Starfighter |
| 3 | 7-20m | 12 | Starfighter |
| 4 | 20-35m | 30 | Starfighter |
| 5 | 35-250m | 150 | Starfighter |
| 6 | 250-600m | 300 | Capital |
| 7 | 600-1,000m | 800 | Capital |
| 8 | 1,000-2,000m | 1,500 | Capital |
| 9 | 2,000-20,000m | 10,000 | Capital |
| 10 | 20,000+m | 20,000 | Capital |

# Speed

How fast is the ship? FFG Speed has a pretty clear direct conversion to WEG "Space" rating, although again FFG is a simpler system than WEG so there is data loss in the exchange.

| FFG Speed | D6 Space | D6 Amosphere |
|-----------|----------|----------------|
| 1 | 3 | 260 ; 750 kmh |
| 2 | 4 | 280 ; 810 kmh |
| 2 | 5 | 295 ; 850 kmh |
| 3 | 6 | 330 ; 950 kmh |
| 3 | 7 | 350 ; 1010 kmh |
| 4 | 8 | 365 ; 1050 kmh |
| 4 | 9 | 400 ; 1150 kmh |
| 5 | 10 | 415 ; 1200 kmh |
| 6 | 11 | 435 ; 1250 kmh |
| 6 | 12 | 450 ; 1300 kmh |

# Handling

How maneuverable is the ship? FFGHandling converts pretty cleanly to D6 Maneuverability, although the FFG system does not have a clean ramp. I started with a clean linear progression, but ended up hand tweaking because I was getting values too low on the lower end of the chart.

| Handling | Maneuverability |
|----------|-----------------|
| -4 | 0D |
| -3 | 1D |
| -2 | 1D+1 |
| -1 | 1D+2 |
| 1 | 2D |
| 2 | 2D |
| 3 | 2D |
| 3 | 2D+1 |
| 3 | 2D+2 |
| 3 | 3D |
| 3 | 3D+1 |
| 3 | 3D+2 |
| 3 | 4D |

# Crew and Passengers

These convert cleanly across

# Cost

This converts cleanly across, though the two systems tend to disagree on the values for certain ships. In general, WEG's "used" cost is half (0.5x) the "new" cost (FFG is given only in "new" cost)

# Hardpoints

Still working on this one... Seems to be a function of length.

# Encumbrance

How much can this ship carry? FFG's Encumbrance is an abstraction of carrying capacity, which converts pretty cleanly (though not intuitively) to WEG's Cargo Capacity, which measures in mass.

| Silhouette | Cargo Capacity | Example of 5 Encum |
|------------|-----------------------------|--------------------|
| 0-3 | Encumberance x10 kilograms | 50 kilograms |
| 4+ | Encumberance x1 metric tons | 5 metric tons |

# Hyperdrive Class and Backup

This converts clean across.

# Armor

How strong is the ship's exterior? FFG's Armor rating converts pretty cleanly to WEG's Hull rating, when grouped by length. Look up the ship's length, find its Armor rating, and the column it's in will tell you its WEG Hull rating. Note that this is the primary determinant of WEG Hull when going from FFG > WEG. Do not use Hull Trauma to calculate Hull, as that conversion is less accurate.

| Length | 1D | 2D | 2D+1 | 2D+2 | 3D | 4D | 5D | 6D | 7D |
|--------|----|----|------|------|----|----|----|----|----|
| 0 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 6 |
| 20 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 6 |
| 50 | 0 | 4 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 6 | 6 | 6 |
| 300 | 0 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 6 | 6 | 7 | 7 | 7 |
| 600 | 0 | 7 | 8 | 8 | 8 | 9 | 9 | 9 | 10 |

# Hull Trauma

How much damage can the ship's exterior take? This can be a little finicky, but the conversions work more often than not. Do not use Hull Trauma to calculate Hull, as it is less accurate. Only use this when going FROM WEG to FFG.

| Length | 1D | 2D | 2D+1 | 2D+2 | 3D | 3D+1 | 3D+2 | 4D | 4D+1 | 4D+2 | 5D | 5D+1 | 6D | 7D |
|--------|----|-----|------|------|-----|------|------|-----|------|------|-----|------|-----|-----|
| 0 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 10 | 10 | 10 | 11 | 11 | 11 |
| 10 | 5 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 20 | 22 | 25 | 28 |
| 20 | 15 | 16 | 16 | 17 | 17 | 19 | 20 | 22 | 22 | 22 | 23 | 23 | 25 | 25 |
| 50 | 19 | 20 | 25 | 25 | 25 | 25 | 28 | 30 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 34 | 34 | 35 |
| 80 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 46 | 52 | 49 | 50 | 55 | 55 | 58 | 60 |
| 300 | 68 | 68 | 69 | 69 | 70 | 70 | 71 | 71 | 72 | 72 | 72 | 73 | 73 | 74 |
| 900 | 90 | 100 | 104 | 108 | 110 | 114 | 118 | 120 | 124 | 128 | 130 | 135 | 140 | 145 |

# Defense

This one is the tough part, and took me the longest to crack. How strong are the ship's energy defenses? It's a little tricky because it appears it's different depending on who manufactures the ships, but these charts work as an average.

| Length | 0D | 1D | 2D | 2D+1 | 2D+2 | 3D | 3D+1 | 3D+2 | 4D |
|--------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|
| 0 | 0/-/-/0 | 0/-/-/1 | 1/-/-/0 | 1/-/-/1 | 1/-/-/1 | 2/-/-/1 | 2/-/-/2 | 3/-/-/2 | 3/-/-/3 |
| 6.5 | 0/-/-/1 | 1/-/-/0 | 1/-/-/1 | 1/-/-/1 | 1/-/-/1 | 2/-/-/1 | 2/-/-/2 | 3/-/-/2 | 3/-/-/3 |
| 20 | 0/-/-/1 | 1/-/-/0 | 1/-/-/1 | 2/-/-/1 | 2/-/-/1 | 2/-/-/2 | 3/-/-/2 | 3/-/-/3 | 3/-/-/3 |
| 50 | 1/0/0/1 | 1/1/1/0 | 1/1/1/1 | 2/1/1/1 | 2/1/1/1 | 2/2/2/1 | 2/2/2/2 | 3/2/2/2 | 3/3/3/3 |
| 151 | 2/0/0/1 | 2/1/1/1 | 2/1/1/2 | 2/2/2/1 | 3/2/2/2 | 3/3/3/2 | 3/3/3/3 | 3/3/3/3 | 3/4/4/3 |

# System Strain

How much pounding can this ship's systems take? While on the surface this might seem like an FFG stat that has no WEG comparison, it actually ends up being a loose correlation to overall length. While there are exceptions, in general these ranges work:

| Length(m) | System Strain |
|-----------|---------------|
| 7.2 | 6 |
| 18 | 12 |
| 20 | 15 |
| 29 | 18 |
| 52 | 25 |
| 250 | 34 |
| 300 | 40 |
| 600 | 65 |
| 1200 | 80 |

# Rarity

I'm still working on this one, but my currently guess is it's a rough measure of Length to Cost, as in a factor of Price-Per-Meter.

# Sensors

How sensitive are the ship's scanners? While WEG has far more levels of granularity (notably the split between Passive, Active, Focus, and Search), FFG's Sensor Range mostly correlates as such:

| Sensor Range | Passive | Scan | Search | Focus |
|--------------|---------|---------|---------|---------|
| Short | 10/0D | 25/1D | 40/2D | 2/3D |
| Close | 20/0D | 40/1D | 80/2D | 4/2D+2 |
| Medium | 30/1D | 50/1D+2 | 70/2D+1 | 3/3D |
| Long | 40/1D | 75/2D | 150/3D | 5/4D |

# Weapon Number

In general, for Starfighter-scale weapons, the FFG Fire Linked rating is the number of WEG weapons -1.

| 2 weapons (fire-linked) | 3 weapons (fire-linked) | 4 weapons (fire-linked) | 5 weapons (fire-linked) |
|-------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|
| Fire-linked 1 | Fire-linked 2 | Fire-linked 3 | Fire-linked 4 |

# Weapon Damage

How much do the ship's weapons hurt? FFG's Damage X; Critical Y correlates pretty cleanly to WEG Weapon Damage, by scale class (Starfighter or Capital)

| Scale | 3D | 4D | 5D | 6D | 7D | 9D |
|-------------|----------------------|----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|
| Starfighter | Damage 3; Critical 5 | Damage 5; Critical 4 | Damage 5; Critical 3 | Damage 6; Critical 3 | Damage 7; Critical 2 | Damage 8; Critical 2 |
| Capital | Damage 8, Critical 5 | Damage 9; Critical 4 | Damage 11; Critical 3 | Damage 12; Critical 3 | Damage 13; Critical 2 | Damage 14; Critical 2 |

# Weapon Range

How far can the ship's weapons shoot? Again, WEG has more granularity but in general the range bands convert as such:

| Short | Close | Medium | Long |
|-------|------------|-------------|-------------|
| 1/3/7 | 1-3/12/25 | 1-10/25/50 | 3-15/36/75 |

# Fire Control

How much do the weapons assist in aiming? FFG does not have a stat for this, but in general it can be found as a function of its Range

| Range | Fire Control |
|--------|--------------|
| Short | 2D |
| Close | 3D |
| Medium | 3D+2 |
| Long | 4D |

\----------------

That's it! Please discuss, let me know if I'm missing anything major, and please help me update the formulas if they can be improved. I've tested them with over 120+ FFG stats to WEG, and they hold up pretty well. I'm working on a spreadsheet that does these calcs automatically as well, but that's for down the road.
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add that the Reddit thread (after some thrashing) managed to post teh tables cleanly and makes for an easier read if you're referencing them!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mojo. It's infuriating to me that a system that is so incredibly more crunchy than D6 is also less granular. I have many FFG books but my eyes just glaze right over the stat blocks and mechanics. For me, the books are strictly for the fluff and art. I would not have the patience to convert, much less divine a conversion system. Cheers to you!

After you've gotten feedback and you tweak or refine anything that needs it, please consider formatting this system into a PDF document. I'd love to host it on the RP Library.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a similar note, I'm considering doing stat write-ups for the Starhawk-Class Battlecruiser and the Onager-Class Star Destroyer. Of the two, I find the Starhawk more interesting as an addition to the Alliance fleet's patchwork appearance. The background of a ship assembled from ISD components is intriguing, although I hate the "magic crystal super tractor beam" aspect. As for the Onager, I'm on the fence; its technobabble is even less well-thought-out, and it also defaults to the "magic crystals" trope (the one-track mind of the story group w/r/t coming up with this stuff is getting pretty frustrating). Frankly, I'm thinking the front end looks more like a Capital-Scale bowcaster, which sounds a lot more interesting to me...

Anyways, that's where I am at the moment.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving this conversation over from here:
CRMcNeill wrote:
On a somewhat related note, I'm considering going through the various Upgrades for Armada and converting the concepts over to an upgrade list for the various ships, so that GMs can have some randomizing options for ships.

Essentially, I want to use the existing Armada Upgrade selection list to create a list of random upgrades for ships in the D6 SWU. This would be primarily a GM tool to add some granularity to their NPC opponents, mostly in the form of +1D bonuses to various ship systems, or to provide special abilities for multi-role platforms (see this list of options for the GR75 Medium Transport).

Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the new Starships & Speeders book came out, and we now know more about those two ships.

The Onager's been revised a little bit. It's got two primary forward weapon variants; either a pair of huge mass drivers used for bombardment, or a pair of composite-beam turbolasers for blockade/siege breaking.

The Starhawk is apparently 2,400 metres long. But this makes sense, since it was made up of components of at least two Star Destroyers rather than one, four classic sensor globes, after all. It tends to emphasise forward firepower.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on the Onager’s length? The mass driver option sounds a lot like the bombard cannon fitted to WH40K battle barges and strike cruisers. Also, a third option there would be a heavy ion cannon of some type for anti-planetary shield action (in the non-WEG SWU, ion cannon are very useful for degrading shields).

Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Any word on the Onager’s length?

No specifics on that front, unfortunately. The lengths are only sporadically mentioned as part of the descriptions, and the Onager's isn't.

Based on a few loose guesstimates from various images, the miniature, etc, I would personally put it at a little bit shorter than the ISD. I'm gonna say about 1,450-1,500 metres long overall.

You'll be happy to know that the magic crystals are not mentioned, in any case, simply mentioning that it's the composite beam or mass drivers.

Similarly, the Starhawk specifies the 'magnite-powered tractor beams', but it doesn't specify that magnites are a type of crystal.

Quote:
Also, a third option there would be a heavy ion cannon of some type for anti-planetary shield action (in the non-WEG SWU, ion cannon are very useful for degrading shields).

Of course, in WEG they just plain straight go through the shields, so...
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a list of vehicles from Speeders & Starships with accompanying sources for the D6 stats.

Chapter I: Speeders
    [X] 614-AvA Speeder Bike (SWRe1 p.71-72)
    [X] 74-Z Speeder Bike (REUP p.406, Vehicle Stats p.66)
    [X] A-A4B Speeder Truck (Solo p.xx)
    [X] Bantha II Cargo Skiff (REUP p.413, Vehicle Stats p.77)
    [X] C-PH Patrol Speeder (Solo p.xx)
    [X] Flare-S Swoop (REUP p.408, Vehicle Stats p.70)
    [X] K79-S80 Imperial Transport (SWRe1 p.73, Vehicle Stats p.47)
    [X] LAAT/le Patrol Gunship (SWRe1 p.70-71)
    [ ] LO-KD57 Luxury Sail Barge
    [X] M-68 Landspeeder (Solo p.xx)
    [X] SC2-M Repulsor Tank (Forged in Battles D6 p.xx)
    [X] Skyblade-330 Swoop (Solo p.xx)
    [X] Storm IV Cloud Car (REUP p.411-412, Vehicles Stats p.99)
    [X] T-16 Skyhopper (Vehicles Stats p.94)
    [X] T-47 Airspeeder (REUP p.410, Vehicles Stats p.85)
    [X] X-34 Landspeeder (REUP p.406, Vehicles Stats p.21)

Chapter II: Ground Vehicles
    [X] 20-T Railcrawler (Solo p.xx)
    [X] 48 Roller Wheelbike (SWDr p.xx)
    [X] All Terrain Anti-Aircraft (Rebellion Era Campaign Guide D6 p.5)
    [X] All Terrain Armored Cargo Transport (R1 p.xx)
    [X] All Terrain Armored Transport p.403, Vehicles Stats p.59-60)
    [X] All Terrain Defense Pod (SWRe1 p.74-75)
    [X] All Terrain Defense Turret (Solo p.xx)
    [X] All Terrain Reconnaissance Transport (Vehicles Stats p.52)
    [X] All Terrain Scout Transport (REUP p.404, Vehicles Stats p.55-56)
    [X] Bongo Submarine (Vehicles Stats p.5)
    [X] Corellian Mining Corporation Digger Crawler (Vehicles Stats p.45)
    [X] HCVw A9 Turbo Tank (R1 p.xx)
    [ ] Keelkana-class Attack Submersible
    [X] TX-225 GAVw "Occupier" Combat Assault Tank (R1 p.xx)

Chapter III: Starfighters and Shuttles
    [ ] Aggressor Assault Fighter
    [X] IG-2000 (Starships Stats p.296-297)
    [X] Alpha-class XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat (Starships Stats p.49-50)
    [X] Auzituck-class Gunship (SWRe1 p.75-76)
    [X] RZ-1 A-Wing Light Interceptor (SWRe2 p.119)
    [X] A/SF-01 B-Wing Heavy Fast Attack Starfighter ("b-wing", REUP p.423-424, Starships Stats p.55-56)
    [X] Delta-class Shuttle ("T-3C" R1 p.xx)
    [X] Mandalorian Protectorate "Fang" Starfighter (SWRe2 p.118)
    [X] Firespray system Patrol Craft (REUP p.442, Starships Stats p.170-171)
    [X] Slave I (Starships Stats p.310)
    [ ] G-1A Heavy Starfighter
    [X] Mist Hunter (Statships Stats p.303)
    [X] Kihraxz Light Starfighter (Rebellion Era Campaign Guide D6 p.24)
    [X] M12-L Kimogila (Starships Stats p.28)
    [X] Kom'rk-class "Gauntlet" Fighter (SWRe3 p.xx)
    [X] Lambda-class Shuttle (REUP p.444-445, Starships Stats p.162-163)
    [X] M3-A Scyk Interceptor (Starship Stats p.27)
    [X] Sentinel-class Landing Craft (Statship Stats p.159)
    [X] HH-87 Starhopper Starfighter (Lords of Nal Hutta D6 p.xx)
    [X] Starviper-class Attack Platform (Starships Stats p.25-26)
    [X] TIE Advanced v1 (SWRe1 p.77-78)
    [X] TIE Advanced x1 (Starships Stats p.44-45)
    [X] TIE/ln Starfighter (REUP p.427-428, Starship Stats p.42-43)
    [X] TIE/ag "Aggressor" (Starship Stats p.45)
    [X] TIE/sa Bomber (REUP p.428-429, Starship Stats p.47)
    [X] TIE/rb "Brute" (Solo p.xx)
    [X] TIE/d "Defender" (Starship Stats p.51-52)
    [X] TIE/in Interceptor (REUP p.429, Starship Stats p.46
    [X] TIE/mg Mining Guild (SWRe2 p.118-119)
    [X] TIE/ph "Phantom" (Starship Stats p.48)
    [X] TIE/ca "Punisher" (formerly TIE/IT "Interdictor")
    [X] TIE/rp "Reaper" (R1 p.xx)
    [X] TIE/sk "Striker" (R1 p.xx)
    [X] UT-60D U-Wing (R1. p.xx)
    [X] VT-49 Decimator (Starships Stats p.184)
    [X] T-65B X-Wing Starfighter (REUP p.429-430, Starships Stats p.54)
    [X] BTL-A4/BTL-S3 Y-Wing (REUP p430-431., Starship Stats p.54,23)
    [ ] Z-95-AF4 Headhunter
    [X] Zeta-class Cargo Shuttle (Starships Stats p.162)

Chapter IV: Freighters
    [X] Action VI Bulk Transport (Starships Stats p.129)
    [ ] Ark Angel
    [ ] Aurore-class Freighter (YV-865 Aurore-class)
    [X] Barloz-class Medium Freighter (Starships Stats p.75-76)
    [X] CEC Deep Space Recovery Vessel L-2783 (Special Modifications D6 p.xx)
    [X] Eta-class Supply Barge (R1 p.xx)
    [X] Ghtroc 720 Light Freighter (REUP p.442-443, Starships Stats p.84)
    [X] GR-75 Medium Transport (REUP p.445, Starships Stats p.136)
    [X] GX1 Short Hauler (SWRe2 p.122-123)
    [ ] HWK-290 Light Freighter
    [X] JumpMaster 5000
    [X] Punishing One (Starships Stats p.308)
    [X] Kalevalan Star Yacht (Solo p.xx)
    [X] Lancer-class Pursuit Craft (Starships Stats p.252)
    [X] Minstrel-class Space Yacht (Starships Stats p.73)
    [X] VCX-100 Light Freighter SWRe1 p.81-82)
    [X] Ghost (SWRe1-2 p.12-13,134-135,xx)
    [X] Wayfarer-class Freighter (Starships Stat p.80)
    [X] Xiytiar-class Heavy Transport (Starships Stats p.135)
    [X] YT-1000 Light Freighter (CEC Compendium Omnibus p.8)
    [X] YT-1210 Light Freighter (Starships Stats p.105)
    [X] YT-1300 Light Freighter (REUP p.446-447, Starships Stats p.106-107)
    [X] Millennium Falcon (Starships Stats p.301-303)
    [X] YT-2400 Light Freighter (REUP p,447-448, Starships Stats p.111)
    [ ] YV-560 Light Freighter
    [X] YV-666 Light Freighter (CEC Sourcebook Compendium Omnibus p.72)
    [X] Hound's Tooth (SWRe1 p.36)
    [X] YV-929 Light Freighter (Starships Stats p.120)

Chapter V: Cruisers and Frigates
    [X] Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (SWRe1 p.82)
    [X] Assault Frigate Mk II (Starships Stats p.266-267)
    [X] Braha'tok-class Gunship ("Dornean Gunship", Starship Stats p.227)
    [?] Cantwell-class Arrestor Cruiser (Solo)
    [X] CR90 Corvette (SWRe1 p.82-84, REUP p.433)
    [X] C-ROC Gozanti-class Cruiser (SWRe1 p.78)
    [X] DP20 Gunship Dreadnought-class Heavy Cruiser (Starships Stats p.224-227)
    [X] EF76 Nebulon-B Frigate (REUP p.438-440, Starships Stats p.208)
    [X] Gozanti-class Cruiser (SWRe1 p.79-80)
    [X] Hammerhead-class Corvette (Sphyrna-class corvette) (R1 p.xx, SWRe1 p.127-128)
    [ ] Indulgent-class Luxury Starliner
    [X] Marauder-class Assault Corvette (Starships Stats p.199-201)
    [ ] MC30C Frigate
    [O] MC40A Light Cruiser (Starship Challenge p.15)
    [X] Phoenix Home (SWRe2 p.136-137)
    [X] Quasar Fire-class Carrier (SWRe2 p.130-131, Starships Stats p.197)
    [O] Raider-class Corvette (+Oliver Queen stats)
    [X] Rendili Stardrive Neutron Star-class Bulk Cruiser (Starships Stats p.224)

Chapter VI:Battleships and Stations
    [ ] Assertor-class Command Dreadnought
    [X] DS-1 Death Star (Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook Special Edition p.145-147)
    [X] DS-2 Death Star II (Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook Special Edition p.147-149)
    [X] Executor-class Star Dreadnought (Starships Stats p.256-257)
    [X] Gladiator-class Star Destroyer (The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide D6 p.20)
    [O] Golan I Defense Platform (+Oliver Queen stats)
    [ ] Harbor-class Space Dock
    [X] Imperial I Star Destroyer (REUP p.434-435, Starships Stats p.249)
    [X] Imperial II Star Destroyer (REUP p.435, Starships Stats p.249-251)
    [X] lnterdictor-class Cruiser (REUP p.435-437, Starships Stats p.253-254)
    [X] MC75 Star Cruiser (R1 p.xx)
    [X] MC80 Liberty Type Heavy Star Cruiser (REUP p.438-439, Starships Stats p.267)
    [O] MC80A Home One Type Heavy Star Cruiser (+Oliver Queen stats)
    [ ] Onager-class Destroyer
    [ ] Secutor-class Battlecarrier
    [ ] Starhawk-class Battleship

[X] Victory II-class Star Destroyer (Starships Stats p.248)

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scots Dragon wrote:
Based on a few loose guesstimates from various images, the miniature, etc, I would personally put it at a little bit shorter than the ISD. I'm gonna say about 1,450-1,500 metres long overall.

IMO, the game stats suggest something larger. Under the Armada system, the Onager has 10 Hull Points, compared to 11 on the Starhawk and 8 on the ISD. My first impression would be to actually make it longer than the Starhawk, but with a lower Hull rating on account of design compromises required to fit in the cannon mechanisms.

Quote:
Fortunately, I have a House Rule for that. I always thought it was silly for ion cannon to ignore shields anyway; having them degrade shields is much more fun.

Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Quote:
Fortunately, I have a House Rule for that. I always thought it was silly for ion cannon to ignore shields anyway; having them degrade shields is much more fun.

I have some similar-but-not-written-down house rules with regards to how shields work in general, but not the ion cannon stuff.

I'm gonna have to steal these.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: