The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Shuttles & the Greek Alphabet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Shuttles & the Greek Alphabet Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:42 pm    Post subject: Deltas Reply with quote

When i joined a d20 KotOR-era campaign in 2005, i had made a Delta-class assault ship, so named because of its Delta-shape, "Δ", straight lines & odd angles, no cones or protruding elements.
When i can find the original sheets i'll scan the sketch & type up the stats!

Yora wrote:
To me, Delta class will always be the grey box full of stormtroopers. Very Happy

I don't know where it came from, but I frequently mistakenly call Sentinel transports Sigma shuttle. Somehow that got stuck in my head ages ago.

i get that! I haven't played the TIE/X-Wing games, but found them online & use them in my d6 campaigns.
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Deltas Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
I haven't played the TIE/X-Wing games, but found them online & use them in my d6 campaigns.

For using the ships from the X-Wing and TIE fighter games in your D6 campaigns, I salute you, sir.

But you really have to play those games, they're awesome. I've replayed the original X-Wing game (all five Tours of Duty) six times. As soon as I get my new computer set up, I'm going to be all over SW: Squadrons. Cool Very Happy
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
So the (formerly) Eta-class Cargo Barge is going to be the Epsilon-class Cargo Barge and the Missile Boat is going to be the Rho-Class XG-2 “Nova Wing” Missile Boat?

Correct. I don’t really care about the barge stats, but I am including it in this topic for completeness. I should probably also update the stats on the Kappa-Class from Rules of Engagement, too, since it’s one of the few troop shuttles available to the Alliance.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:21 pm    Post subject: "Look out! It's a Cruiser-class Dish-stroyer!" Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
I’ve quipped elsewhere that WEG would’ve called a dishwasher a cruiser if it had occurred to them.

Oh, I am so putting a dishwasher model named Cruiser in in my game somehow. Maybe even call it a Cruiser-class dishwasher. Cool

i humbly present, the Rebel Cruiser Fleet, the shortest-lived armada in the history of rebellions & uprisings...

Cruiser-class Super Duper Ironing Board Dreadnaught
Cruiser-class Dishwasher Dreadnaught
Cruiser-class Iron Heavy Cruiser
Cruiser-class Assault Breadbox
Cruiser-class Frying Pan Medium Cruiser
Cruiser-class Vacuum Frigate
Cruiser-class Milk Crate Frigate
Cruiser-class Shopping Cart Blockade Runner
Cruiser-class Shoebox Corvette
Cruiser-class Cookie Cutter Gunship
Cruiser-class Snack Bar Gunship
Cruiser-class Lunchables Fighters

I am picturing this Rebel Farce being led by a crazy bonkers Neimoidian, dressed like a pirate.
Thank you & you're welcome!

Post subject: Re: Deltas
Sutehp wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:
I haven't played the TIE/X-Wing games, but found them online & use them in my d6 campaigns.

For using the ships from the X-Wing and TIE fighter games in your D6 campaigns, I salute you, sir.

But you really have to play those games, they're awesome. I've replayed the original X-Wing game (all five Tours of Duty) six times. As soon as I get my new computer set up, I'm going to be all over SW: Squadrons. Cool Very Happy

On a serious note, i have a strong need, to create a mixed battle force of Clone & Stormtroopers using a mix of Transports from X-Wing/TIE Fighter games & TCW...
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.

Last edited by Inquisitor1138 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
So the (formerly) Eta-class Cargo Barge is going to be the Epsilon-class Cargo Barge and the Missile Boat is going to be the Rho-Class XG-2 “Nova Wing” Missile Boat?

Correct. I don’t really care about the barge stats, but I am including it in this topic for completeness. I should probably also update the stats on the Kappa-Class from Rules of Engagement, too, since it’s one of the few troop shuttles available to the Alliance.

Yeah, I don't expect many people to care about the Cargo Barge since we don't see that 8-winged shuttle very often in RO (and not at all anywhere else that I know of), but I wouldn't mind seeing it for completeness' sake either. I'm hoping I can find decent pictures/artwork of both the Cargo Barge and the Kappa for my write-ups. I don't expect to find anything besides WEG artwork of the latter. We'll see.

Inquisitor1138 wrote:

On a serious note, I have a strong need to create a mixed battle force of Clone & Stormtroopers using a mix of Transports from X-Wing/TIE Fighter games & TCW...

That would make an interesting picture, not just the visuals of the different ships in the same view, but interesting also in the sense that a mixed unit of clone troopers and stormtroopers might have some resentment breeding between them considering the former were being phased out in favor of the latter in the early years of the Empire. (See the Retired Clone Trooper entry in p. 106 of FFG Dawn of Rebellion and SW: Rebels episodes "Lost Commanders" (S2, Ep 3), "Relics of the Old Republic" (S2, Ep 4), and "Stealth Strike"(S2, Ep 9)). That sort of internal dissension in the Empire would make for some great stories.
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:

Yeah, I don't expect many people to care about the Cargo Barge since we don't see that 8-winged shuttle very often in RO (and not at all anywhere else that I know of), but I wouldn't mind seeing it for completeness' sake either. I'm hoping I can find decent pictures/artwork of both the Cargo Barge and the Kappa for my write-ups. I don't expect to find anything besides WEG artwork of the latter. We'll see.

Hey! I happen to Like that big Iron Butterfly! Just for those unflattering remarks, i'm gonna have an Eta-class supply barge, Mothra, in my Imperial Era game, and later, years later, Rebels get it & rechristen it Mon Mothra!!

Sutehp wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:
On a serious note, I have a strong need to create a mixed battle force of Clone & Stormtroopers using a mix of Transports from X-Wing/TIE Fighter games & TCW...

That would make an interesting picture, not just the visuals of the different ships in the same view, but interesting also in the sense that a mixed unit of clone troopers and stormtroopers might have some resentment breeding between them considering the former were being phased out in favor of the latter in the early years of the Empire. (See the Retired Clone Trooper entry in p. 106 of FFG Dawn of Rebellion and SW: Rebels episodes "Lost Commanders" (S2, Ep 3), "Relics of the Old Republic" (S2, Ep 4), and "Stealth Strike"(S2, Ep 9)). That sort of internal dissension in the Empire would make for some great stories.

In most mixed units, yes, i'd expect the situation would get worse over time. Especially as Clone Veterans are replaced with less than competent blowhards & brutes, who got their jobs by meritocracy rather than proficiency.
But in my 15 BBY/4 EY campaign, that 'friction' would vary by unit, as many of the 1st & 2nd batches of Stormies are more likely to have been trained by Clones rather than non-Clone instructors. So in the scenario i am envisioning is a unit with better unit cohesion & comradery.
That said, it would be interesting to have some units that work well in 15 BBY/4 EY, and have them change over a decade...
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figures that no sooner do I settle on Rho for the Missile Boat than Bad Batch comes along and swipes it for this dumpy, poorly designed PoS. I thought about going with one of the other two remaining letters, but then decided that the above linked ship's mission would be better and more efficiently filled by an external cargo variant of the Kappa-Class, and I'm keeping Rho for the Missile Boat.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: