The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

"Less Than" Damaged
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> "Less Than" Damaged Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Dr. Bidlo wrote:
I prefer a simple cumulative -1D penalty to all actions for each hit that causes no damage. It well reflects the minor pain and distractions caused by a light hit without being overly punative. It also allows multiple shots to effectively suppress a tough character in a reasonable way. Note what I am proposing is different than a 'stunned' result because it only last the current round and does not have the ongoing affect that requires resting for a minute to avoid falling unconscious if they are stunned more times than their Strength attribute.

I like the simplicity of it, but I do think there should be a threshold below which the target can shrug off hits without effect. Failing the Damage roll by more than 10 points sounds like a decent starting point.

Agreed. I intended to exclude the rolls that exceed the damage by 10 points, but I see I didn't in my response.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, based on what came up here, I'm giving this a bump. I think my updated version is moving in the right direction, but it doesn't quite go far enough.

I'm thinking of getting rid of the mandatory "if you're Wounded, you fall to the ground and take no further actions that round", and replacing it with a chance to save yourself and stay upright if you pass a Running / Agility skill roll. The Difficulty for the skill roll would start at Moderate for Stunned, then Difficult for Wounded, then Very Difficult for Wounded Twice. Incapacitated and Mortally Wounded would remain unchanged. This is in addition to the Agility check rule described in the above link, and still subject to any penalties from Wounds.

I also plan to apply this rule to Vehicle and Starship Damage, but wouldn't start to kick in until the ship actually takes damage (not sure where on the Damage scale I want to apply this yet).

Any thoughts and suggestions?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: