The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Obscure Character Archive!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Obscure Character Archive! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:
Prax Arms Ophidiax-350 heavy blaster pistol (see separate entry)

Apparently my lot in life is to find characters where you have weapons listed as "see separate entry" and ask you about them...

So, um, did this ever get posted? I'm kinda curious now. Assuming you come back at some point...

(Apologies to anyone who saw the thread get bumped and was excited to see a new entry from Telsij.)
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fogger1138 wrote:
Telsij wrote:
Prax Arms Ophidiax-350 heavy blaster pistol (see separate entry)

Apparently my lot in life is to find characters where you have weapons listed as "see separate entry" and ask you about them...

So, um, did this ever get posted? I'm kinda curious now. Assuming you come back at some point...

(Apologies to anyone who saw the thread get bumped and was excited to see a new entry from Telsij.)

It's important to reference where quotes come from in cases like this. This thread has over 20 pages and the post in question is way back on page 10, from almost three years ago.

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=188427#188427

I could not find that he ever posted the gun stats so I sent a message to Telsij. I know he is very busy in real life so hopefully he will have time to answer.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
It's important to reference where quotes come from in cases like this. This thread has over 20 pages and the post in question is way back on page 10, from almost three years ago.

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=188427#188427

I could not find that he ever posted the gun stats so I sent a message to Telsij. I know he is very busy in real life so hopefully he will have time to answer.

Good point, sorry about that.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard back from Telsij. The linked entry is part of a (seemingly stalled) offsite project for a Solo sourcebook. Those working on it divvied up all entries. Telsij did the character but someone else was doing the weapon. He said he would check the google doc to see if the other person ever statted out the weapon, and if so, share it here.

Of course, you are always free to stat the weapon out yourself as well.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I heard back from Telsij. The linked entry is part of a (seemingly stalled) offsite project for a Solo sourcebook. Those working on it divvied up all entries. Telsij did the character but someone else was doing the weapon. He said he would check the google doc to see if the other person ever statted out the weapon, and if so, share it here.

Thank you!
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fogger1138 wrote:
Whill wrote:

Thank you!

I heard back again and he said the weapon stats had not been done by the other person. He said when he gets a chance, he will stat up the weapon and edit the entry (and I'm sure he will bump the thread that it has been updated).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
fogger1138 wrote:
Whill wrote:

Thank you!

I heard back again and he said the weapon stats had not been done by the other person. He said when he gets a chance, he will stat up the weapon and edit the entry (and I'm sure he will bump the thread that it has been updated).

Thank you for following up!
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fogger1138 wrote:
Whill wrote:
fogger1138 wrote:
Whill wrote:

Thank you!

Thank you for following up!

Hi all! Belated New Year's well wishes from me and my wife! Apologies again for my (continued) absence here from the Pit, and if I've ever been unduly ornery in my interactions with any of you. Real life really has proven too hectic to update my Obscure Character thread, but know that I do miss the Pit, the discussions and debates, all of you — well, most of you Razz — and all of your respective contributions to SWD6! I likely won't get the chance to check in again until months from now or longer, so I hope you're all well, considering the circumstances / ongoing pandemic.

Thank you, fogger1138, for the kind words and patience. And thank you Whill, for following up w/ me via facebook (which, unfortunately, I am also unable to check w/ any regularity). All the info Whill has relayed is indeed accurate. The Prax Arms Ophidiax-350 was initially claimed by Deano, so while I statted up Astrid Fenris, I held off on statting her blaster, out of respect for him. In searching my emails, google docs, and spreadsheets however, I was unable to locate his entry.

And so, by request of fogger1138, here is my take on the weapon, which has also been added to the post for ASTRID FENRIS.

Prax Arms Ophidiax-350

The Prax Arms Ophidiax-350 was a weapon best suited for subterfuge. But rather than functioning like a compact hold-out pistol meant to be concealed, the Ophidiax-350 hid its best qualities in plain sight. Though capable gunfighters like Zorii Bliss would use a similarly-designed E-851 blaster to stylish and intimidating effect decades later, during the Galactic Civil War in which the Prax Arms Ophidiax-350 saw production, the weapon served many scoundrels well by appearing outdated, causing many opponents to underestimate its wielder. For in truth, the blaster was intentionally styled to look like an older, outmoded pistol.

While the Ophidiax-350's smooth shape was first and foremost an aid to quick-drawing, its shape was also intended to lure potential opponents into a false sense of superiority around the weapon's wielder. The shape was meant to conjure images of the bluunderbuuss-style slugthrower pistols of yore — items Prax Arms was quite familiar with, having built their name and reputation through the design and manufacture of slugthrowers and other projectile based weaponry. These factors combined allowed savvy users to strike first and strike fast, while maintaining a ruse as deceptive to the opponent's eye as the sinewy Ophidian grotesques of Coruscant, from which Prax Arms drew inspiration.

Model: Prax Arms Ophidiax-350
Type: Heavy blaster pistol
Scale: Character
Skill: Blaster: heavy blaster pistol
Ammo: 30
Cost: 700-800 credits
Availability: 2, F, R or X
Range: 1-5/30/60
Damage: 5D

Game Notes: The Ophidiax-350's balanced weight and shape, coupled with its top-mounted, pyramid-peaked metal plates, which were designed to provide smooth removal from a holster at the expense of a targeting scope and front-sight target notch, all granted the weapon a discernible advantage when quick-drawing. In game terms, users gain a +2 bonus to initiative when drawing this weapon. Bonus is applicable only for the round in which user draws weapon. Alternatively, if using Quick Draw rules, user gains a +1 bonus to their Speed Dice when engaged in such a duel.

And unless a character is familiar with the Ophidiax-350, any Value rolls made to gauge its combat effectiveness, stopping power, and worth incur a +2 penalty to their difficulty. In addition, at GM's discretion, users gain a +1 bonus to their Con rolls when trying to get their opponents to underestimate them, provided that user brandishes pistol or otherwise involves the Ophidiax-350 in some fashion during the attempt.

Unfortunately, the longer shape of the pistol also made the weapon somewhat less effective at short or point-blank ranges — though given its speed advantage, many users were willing to make this trade gladly.

Sources: Solo: A Star Wars Story film, Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide (p.87), Tales From Vandor book (pages featuring Astrid Fenris, though pages are unnumbered), Weapons Stats compilation sourcebook (all Prax Arms entries and DL-44 entries), Wookieepedia ( https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ophidian_grotesques , https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/E-851_blaster_pistol , and https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Prax_Arms/Legends ), and Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophidian . Stats and text by Telsij.

OBSCURE CHARACTER ARCHIVE INDEX

Last edited by Telsij on Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:31 pm    Post subject: GARSA FWIP, Staff of the SANCTUARY & (NEW) MAX REBO BAND Reply with quote

*** SPOILERS: THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT ***

Hello again. Rather than disappear into the aether with a weapon as the most recent post here, before going back on hiatus, I thought it best to depart with something more appropriate to the theme of the thread.

Spoilers and picture-heavy post ahead!

Here is GARSA FWIP and the staff of the SANCTUARY — including a revised MAX REBO (BAND), from The Book of Boba Fett Disney+ series!

GARSA FWIP
Type: Charismatic Entrepreneur

Lavishly dressed and impeccably charming, Garsa Fwip is the proprietor of Garsa’s Sanctuary. The stunning Twi'lek has the warmth and polish of a seasoned host.

Well versed by now, in dealing with the shifting sands of running a successful business in the capital of an Outer Rim criminal empire, Madam Garsa is more than willing to "play the game" that her circumstances demand, including paying patronage to whomever seized governing power as the Daimyo of the Mos Espa territories. Garsa is willing to pay off whomever she needs to placate for underworld "protection", in order to ensure the Sanctuary's smooth operation, and to ensure that her high-class cantina continues to provide what its name promises: decadent refuge from Tatooine's searing suns.

Quotes:
  • "Welcome to the Sanctuary. Would you care to partake in any of our sundry offerings?"
    — Madam Garsa to Boba Fett & Fennec Shand

• "Oh, then business it is. Would you like your Gamorreans hosed down and fed while we are sequestered?
    — Madam Garsa to Fett & Shand

• "In this more civilized place, in these more civilized times, what was once celebrated in the bloodlust of the arena, is now seen as horror and cruelty. *Sighs* There, there. Isn't that better. And you've nothing left to prove."
    — Madam Garsa to Black Krrsantan

DEXTERITY 3D
Dancing 4D
KNOWLEDGE 3D+1
Alien species 5D+1, business 4D+2, business: cantina operation 6D+1, bureaucracy 4D+1,
cultures 6D, streetwise 4D+2, streetwise: Mos Espa 6D, survival 4D, value 5D, willpower 5D
MECHANICAL 2D
PERCEPTION 4D+2
Bargain 5D+2, command 5D, command: Sanctuary staff 6D+1, con 5D, persuasion 6D+2
STRENGTH 2D
Climbing/jumping 3D, stamina 4D
TECHNICAL 2D
Mining 3D

Species: Twi'lek

Force Points: 1
Character Points: 7
Move: 10

Special Abilities & Story Factors:
  • Lekku: Twi'leks can use their lekku head-tails to communicate in secret with each other, even if in a room full of others. The complex movement of their lekku is, in a sense, a "secret" language that all Twi'leks are fluent in.

• A Survivor's Scar: Madam Garsa is no one's slave. But achieving the wealth that Garsa Fwip now possesses came at a cost, especially on a planet run not only by the criminal underworld, but by one of its most notorious and powerful crimelords in particular, Jabba the Hutt. Garsa is a survivor however. The toll she paid for her rise to success may be physically marked by the scar she bears across her collarbone, but she does not hide it, nor shy away from what the scar suggests: Garsa Fwip's success was not given, it was earned.

Equipment: Expensive and stylish clothing and jewelry, hard-earned wealth (enough disposable income to decorate her cantina with water-intensive plants despite water's relative scarcity on Tatooine), upscale cantina in Mos Espa (Garsa's Sanctuary).

GARSA'S SANCTUARY

A busy establishment on the streets of Mos Espa, Garsa’s Sanctuary is part music hall, part gambling den, and part decadent respite from the searing suns of Tatooine where the stylish Garsa Fwip attends to her customers’ needs.

Type: Upscale cantina and gambling parlor
Services: The Sanctuary's sundry offerings include, but are not limited to:
  • Cleaning and feed for servant class beings (eg: Hosing down of Gamorrean guards)
  • Cocktails, liquor, and spirits
  • Gambling, games of chance
  • Helmet & armor care (Note: Staff offers to "take helmets for a cleaning" are code for covert monetary exchange: daimyo tribute / protection money payment, bribery, etc.)
  • Live music (Current house band is the new Max Rebo Band)

• In addition to items of Availability of 1,2, F, and R, rare or illegal items that are Availability X, 3, and in some cases 4, can often be found at the Sanctuary, for a price.
Known Affiliations: Jabba the Hutt's organization (former), Bib Fortuna's organization (former), Fett gotra (current).
Known Adversaries: Pyke Syndicate (current)

Key Figures: Madam Garsa (see entry above), staff (see below):

Male Twi'lek Server: All stats are 2D except: cultures 4D, PERCEPTION 3D, persuasion 4D, STRENGTH 3D+1, lifting 4D+1, stamina 4D. Character Points: 1, Move: 10. Equipment: Revealing/sexy attire. Special Abilities & Story Factors: Lekku: Twi'leks can use their lekku head-tails to communicate in secret with each other, even if in a room full of others. The complex movement of their lekku is, in a sense, a "secret" language that all Twi'leks are fluent in.

Female Twi'lek Server: All stats are 2D except: DEXTERITY 3D, cultures 4D, streetwise 3D, PERCEPTION 3D+1, con 3D+2, persuasion 4D+1, search 4D. Character Points: 2, Move: 10. Equipment: Revealing/sexy attire. Special Abilities & Story Factors: Lekku: Twi'leks can use their lekku head-tails to communicate in secret with each other, even if in a room full of others. The complex movement of their lekku is, in a sense, a "secret" language that all Twi'leks are fluent in.

Rodian-model Protocol Droid: All stats are 1D except: DEXTERITY 2D, KNOWLEDGE 3D, bureaucracy 4D, cultures 5D, cultures: Rodian 6D, languages 8D, STRENGTH 2D, computer programming/repair 3D. Move: 8. Equipment: Datapad. Equipped with: Humanoid body (two arms, two legs, head with Rodian snout), TransLang Communications module with over five million forms of communication, Two visual and audial sensors (Rodian range: Infrared spectrum, droid suffers no vision penalties for darkness if there are heat sources present), VerboBrain, Vocabulator speech/sound system.

Hassk Bartender: All stats are 2D except: pick pocket 3D, KNOWLEDGE 3D, alien species 4D, cultures: favorite drinks 4D, drink mixology 5D, bargain 3D, persuasion 3D+1, stamina 3D. Move: 10. Equipment: Professional barware and elaborate mixing kits (+1D to drink mixology checks), cocktail ingredients and recipes. Special Abilities & Story Factors: Fangs and Sharp Teeth: Hassks possess sharp, terrifying fangs. In game terms, a Hassk's fangs inflict STR+1D damage on targets if used in combat, and at the GM's discretion, may also grant +1D to a Hassk's intimidation rolls when his fangs and sharp teeth are bared; Night Vision: In service of the hunting required of them on their homeworld, Hassks have developed excellent night vision. In game terms, they can see clearly in low-light conditions and in darkness without penalty; Sensitive Hearing: To aid their hunting, Hassks have developed very sensitive hearing. In game terms, a Hassk gains +1D to search rolls that involve sound.

RX-series Croupiers: All stats are 1D except: pick pocket 3D, KNOWLEDGE 2D, languages 3D, scholar: games of chance 4D, MECHANICAL 3D, PERCEPTION 2D, con 3D, hide 4D, gambling 4D+2, gambling: Sabacc 5D+2, TECHNICAL 2D. Move: 10. Equipment: Assortment of card games, chance cubes, multiple Sabacc decks. Equipped with: Anti-glare visor (green-tinted visor reduces glare from harsh overhead lighting, grants +1D bonus vs. effects of harsh lighting), Cylindrical chassis with rotating rings (allows droid to rotate its head and manipulator arms 360 degrees and in multiple directions at one, in order to deal cards to anyone sitting at circular tables in which RX-unit occupies opening in center), 3 Fine-work manipulator arms (+1D to Dexterity-based fine-motor skill checks, able to swivel 360 degrees independently of one another), Repulsorlift platform base (allows RX droids to hover and move at the speed of an average Human when repulsors are engaged).

Astromech Droid Barbacks/Bussers/Waitstaff: All stats are 2D except: cultures 3D, languages 3D, MECHANICAL 3D, cleaning 4D, search 3D, TECHNICAL 3D, computer programming/repair 4D, droid repair 4D, repulsorlift repair 4D, security 4D. Move: 5. Equipment: Dome-mounted serving tray. Equipped with: 3 wheeled legs (center leg is retractable), 4 manipulator arms w/ tool mounts (currently used for barback/bussing/cleaning/waitstaff tools), Acoustic signaler, Internal comlink, Internal storage (extra space available for 8 kilograms of storage or upgrades), Photoreceptor with infrared vision (can see in the dark up to 30 meters).

THE (NEW) MAX REBO BAND

Popular jizz-wailer and keyboardist Max Rebo was now leader of the house band at Garsa's Sanctuary. And under the Ortolan's reinvigorated guidance, the group has flourished, even taking on former members of the Modal Nodes who were cast off from their commitment to Chalmun's cantina, or (finally) put off by the increasing risks incurred by Figrin D'an's gambling habit. Despite knowing he would largely be relegated to playing atmospheric music for the club's patrons, Rebo accepted a lucrative deal offered by Madam Garsa. This was due, at least in part perhaps, to the Ortolan seeking a more stable — and safer — gig, after nearly losing his life aboard Jabba the Hutt's sail barge five years ago. However, Garsa's continued involvement in the Tatooine underworld sometimes makes the long term prospects of this "safe" gig dubious, sometimes causing Max to take days off when he senses trouble is afoot!

R0 Astromech Drummer: All stats are 2D except: languages 3D, MECHANICAL 3D, musical instrument operation: drums 5D, search 3D, stamina: drumming 5D, TECHNICAL 3D, computer programming/repair 4D, droid repair 4D, musical instrument repair 5D, repulsorlift repair 4D. Move: 8. Equipment: Drum-kit, drumsticks. Equipped with: 3 wheeled legs (center leg is retractable), 4 manipulator arms (if all 4 arms are used toward a single continuous activity — such as drumming — R0 unit may make a second roll for said continuous activity without incurring a multi-action penalty), Acoustic signaler, Dome-mounted high-hat with built-in drumstick (+1 to musical instrument operation: drumming skill checks), Holorecorder, Internal comlink, Photoreceptor with infrared vision (can see in the dark up to 30 meters; flash/strobe capability may be used to help band keep rhythm, and grants +1 bonus to musical instrument operation rolls of bandmates when in use), Internal storage (extra space available for 8 kilograms of storage or upgrades).

Bith Instrumentalists: All stats are 2D except: scholar: music composition 4D, MECHANICAL 3D, musical instrument operation 4D, musical instrument operation: Dorenian Beshniquel / fizzz 5D, musical instrument operation: hallikset 5D. Move: 10. Equipment: Matching black attire, headless hallikset (+1 to Persuasion rolls when attempting to play pretentiously), short Dorenian Beshniquel / fizzz. Special Abilities & Story Factors: Manual Dexterity: Although the Bith have low overall Dexterity scores, they do gain +1D to the performance of fine motor skills - picking pockets, surgery, fine tool operation, etc.- but not to gross motor skills such as blaster and dodge; Scent: Bith have well-developed senses of smell, giving them +1D to Perception skills when pertaining to actions and people within three meters; Vision: Bith have the ability to focus on microscopic objects, giving them a +1D to Perception skills involving objects less than 30 centimeters away. However, as a consequence of this, the Bith have become extremely myopic. They suffer a penalty of -1D for any visual based action more than 20 meters away and cannot see more than 40 meters under any circumstances.

MAX REBO
    Type: Resilient Musician

Max Rebo was the heart (or at least the fluid sac) of the band that bore his name, and could be found onstage behind the pedals of his red ball jett organ. From there he kept an ear on his bandmates' playing and an eye on the sleazy clients who hired his ensemble for their entertainment. After playing a gig for Jabba the Hutt just before the gangster was killed, Rebo survived and now entertains the patrons of Garsa’s Sanctuary in Mos Espa.

A Quote: "Hit it, Max."
    ― Garsa Fwip cues Rebo to play on

(As of 9 ABY)

DEXTERITY 2D+2
    Dodge 4D
    KNOWLEDGE 2D+2
    Alien species 3D+2, cultures 4D+2, scholar: music composition 5D+2, streetwise 3D, survival 3D+2
    MECHANICAL 3D+2
    Musical instrument operation 4D, musical instrument operation: red ball jett organ 8D
    PERCEPTION 3D
    Bargain 4D, command: Max Rebo Band 5D, persuasion: live musical performance 4D+2, search 4D
    STRENGTH 3D
    Stamina 4D
    TECHNICAL 3D
    Musical instrument repair 5D

Species: Ortolan
    Height: 1.5 meters

Character Points: 10
    Move: 5

Special Abilities & Story Factors:

• New Republic, New Gig: After surviving attempts on his life made by those whom Azool Phantelle — his scoundrel of a brother — had wronged, and later, after somehow also escaping the explosion of Jabba's sail barge above the Pit of Carkoon, Max Rebo landed back on his own two feet with a steady and lucrative new job. By the time five years had passed since the fiery explosion of the Khetanna, Max Rebo had become leader of the house band at Madam Garsa's Sanctuary. Trouble seemed to follow the Ortolan wherever he went however. Despite the Sanctuary's upscale atmosphere and high-class trapping, Garsa's underworld ties often proved as dangerous as working directly for Jabba the Hutt.

• Nutrient-Absorptive Digits: Ortolans are capable of ingesting food and drink via the openings at the tips of toes, in addition to their mouths. Because of this increased opportunity and ability to ingest, the hardy Ortolans can subsist on a wide variety of food types and have built an immunity to a number of harmful substances. Ortolans may reroll a failed skill check required to resist poison or indigestion, but must accept the second result.

• Ortolan Hand-Foot Physiology: Ortolans’ forelimbs function as both hands and feet. Ortolans are equally adept at using their limbs for tasks most humanoids typically perform with only one or the other type of appendage. However, tasks that require "standard" human body configurations, or that require the simultaneous use of both hands and feet, are performed at one difficulty level higher for Ortolans. And as the limbs' placement on the Ortolan body is a location typically associated with legs, most humanoids will refer to Ortolan limbs as either legs or feet.

• Sensitive Ears: Ortolans' large, floppy ears house well-developed auditory systems, granting them a +1D bonus to hearing-based Perception or search checks. At the same time, the internal fat storage and distribution in their ears protects them from suffering any increased vulnerability to sound-based attacks.

Equipment: Seat cushion, stylish new red ball jett organ (glossy black finish, with bronze-gold accents).

Sources: The Book of Boba Fett Disney+ series, https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/a38664138/jennifer-beals-book-of-boba-fett-interview/ , https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2022/01/jennifer-beals-on-becoming-madam-garsa-fwip-and-her-appreciation-of-star-wars-storytelling.html , https://www.wmagazine.com/beauty/jennifer-beals-boba-fett-skincare-beauty-interview , Trilogy Sourcebook: Special Edition sourcebook, Droids Stats and Alien Stats compilation books credited to Thiago S. Aranha, Wookieepedia, and Flashdance film.

First paragraphs of respective capsule texts for Garsa Fwip and Garsa's Sanctuary quoted from: https://www.starwars.com/databank/garsa-fwip and https://www.starwars.com/databank/garsa-s-sanctuary . Max Rebo capsule text: https://www.starwars.com/databank/max-rebo .

Images: Garsa Fwip: Cropped character poster ( https://www.starwars.com/news/the-book-of-boba-fett-cargo-hold-chapter-1 ), and screen captures from The Book of Boba Fett Disney+ series: S1E2 (First 2 images), S1E6 (Scar), S1E4. Garsa's Sanctuary: Screen captures from The Book of Boba Fett Disney+ series: S1E1, S1E2 (Max Rebo Band), S1E6 (R0 astromech drummer close-up, Bith horn player), and https://www.starwars.com/databank/max-rebo (Max Rebo close-up).

Max Rebo's stats revised by Telsij, and based upon original stats published in Trilogy Sourcebook: Special Edition (p.100). "New Republic, New Gig" header title taken from Wookieepedia entry for Max Rebo. Hassk species and revised Ortolan species stats (see Max Rebo's brother, AZOOL PHANTELLE) by Telsij. Stats and original text by Telsij.

** SPOILERS: THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT **

Last edited by Telsij on Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:07 pm; edited 7 times in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Telsij. You are missed.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Thank you, Telsij. You are missed.

Thanks very much, CRMcNeill. The feeling is mutual. Hope to see everyone here at the Pit again, once things clear up at some point in the future!

deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work buddy. I see you've picked up some of my slack on the Ophidiax-350 as well lol.

Speak soon

Deano
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:
And so, by request of fogger1138, here is my take on the weapon, which has also been added to the post for ASTRID FENRIS.

Prax Arms Ophidiax-350

The Prax Arms Ophidiax-350 was a weapon best suited for subterfuge. But rather than functioning like a compact hold-out pistol meant to be concealed, the Ophidiax-350 hid its best qualities in plain sight. Though capable gunfighters like Zorii Bliss would use a similarly-designed E-851 blaster to stylish and intimidating effect decades later, during the Galactic Civil War in which the Prax Arms Ophidiax-350 saw production, the weapon served many scoundrels well by appearing outdated, causing many opponents to underestimate its wielder. For in truth, the blaster was intentionally styled to look like an older, outmoded pistol.

While the Ophidiax-350's smooth shape was first and foremost an aid to quick-drawing, its shape was also intended to lure potential opponents into a false sense of superiority around the weapon's wielder. The shape was meant to conjure images of the bluunderbuuss-style slugthrower pistols of yore — items Prax Arms was quite familiar with, having built their name and reputation through the design and manufacture of slugthrowers and other projectile based weaponry. These factors combined allowed savvy users to strike first and strike fast, while maintaining a ruse as deceptive to the opponent's eye as the sinewy Ophidian grotesques of Coruscant, from which Prax Arms drew inspiration.

Model: Prax Arms Ophidiax-350
Type: Heavy blaster pistol
Scale: Character
Skill: Blaster: heavy blaster pistol
Ammo: 30
Cost: 700-800 credits
Availability: 2, F, R or X
Range: 1-5/30/60
Damage: 5D

Game Notes: The Ophidiax-350's balanced weight and shape, coupled with its top-mounted, pyramid-peaked metal plates, which were designed to provide smooth removal from a holster at the expense of a targeting scope and front-sight target notch, all granted the weapon a discernible advantage when quick-drawing. In game terms, users gain a +2 bonus to initiative when drawing this weapon. Bonus is applicable only for the round in which user draws weapon. Alternatively, if using Quick Draw rules, user gains a +1 bonus to their Speed Dice when engaged in such a duel.

And unless a character is familiar with the Ophidiax-350, any Value rolls made to gauge its combat effectiveness, stopping power, and worth incur a +2 penalty to their difficulty. In addition, at GM's discretion, users gain a +1 bonus to their Con rolls when trying to get their opponents to underestimate them, provided that user brandishes pistol or otherwise involves the Ophidiax-350 in some fashion during the attempt.

Unfortunately, the longer shape of the pistol also made the weapon somewhat less effective at short or point-blank ranges — though given its speed advantage, many users were willing to make this trade gladly.

Sources: Solo: A Star Wars Story film, Solo: A Star Wars Story: The Official Guide (p.87), Tales From Vandor book (pages featuring Astrid Fenris, though pages are unnumbered), Weapons Stats compilation sourcebook (all Prax Arms entries and DL-44 entries), Wookieepedia ( https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ophidian_grotesques , https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/E-851_blaster_pistol , and https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Prax_Arms/Legends ), and Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophidian . Stats and text by Telsij.

Love your weapon stats in particular - thank you! It's good to see you here again, and I hope things are well for you!
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for all the stats! My wife and I loved Garsa and her Sanctuary.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been glad to see the RX droids in these shows but I can't help but wonder: Is it just a cheap prope because Disney hads dozens on them in storage? Smile I mean there was a physical plastic RX droid in every Star Tours ship, so a dozen or so per Star Tours attraction. There were at least two attractions but I think more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: