The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

D6 Space and Scale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> D6 Space and Scale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject: D6 Space and Scale Reply with quote

So, thinking about my scale problems in playing with d6 Robotech, I became curious how d6 space handles it. They have a flat scale number for everything, and just apply it to hit and damage resistance. Anyone tried to work out a conversion to SW that avoids some of the wonkiness of scale categories?
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, an excerpt from d6 Space:

Quote:

> Scale
Participant Size Value
Small moon 96
Star freighter 50
Space yacht 46
Eight-story building 24
Four-story building 20
Two-story house 14
Tank 10
Average personal transport 6
Motorcycle 3
Average Human 0
Small Human child -3
Briefcase -6
Laser pistol -9
Palm computer -12
Cred-key -15
Computer chip -21

The shooter's modifier is subtracted from the target's modifier. The resulting integer is added to the chance to hit, but also to the soak roll. So a human (0) firing at the Death Star (96) will roll 4D+96 to hit, but the Death Star will roll 3D (or whatever its death star hull rating is)+96 to resist damage. When going the opposite way, the Death Star would subtract 96 from its chance to hit, but add 96 to the damage done against a human.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not tried it in a Star Wars setting, but yes, it is a flat bonus or penalty that applies to EVERYTHING. Hit, dodge, and damage (if using physical weapons that uses an STR bonus). I played a D6 fantasy game for a long while, and the scale system worked pretty fluidly. Suppose you had a smaller scale (in this case character), that had a -3 scale. Being smaller they would get a +3 to their attack to hit a normal 0 scale opponent. On their damage, they would get a -3 to their physical damage. If they were attacked, they got a +3 to dodge, and if hit (by physical damage) they would get a +3 to the damage result.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: