The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Pulsar Station
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Pulsar Station Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Pulsar Station Reply with quote

Hi all. Here I am once again with a ship template. This one based on the Pulsar Station mentioned but never built in the novel Isard's Revenge of the X-Wing Squadron series.

This is all we know about the ship's design:

"What Krennel was creating here is a system domination weapon. It pops out of hyperspace, cranks up gravity well generators-that's what those blisters around the center are-and all traffic in or out stops cold. The planet-splitting beam from the original Death Star has also been scaled back and multiple sites for it have been created. Those are all the dimples on the thing. With each of those beams capable of killing a Super Star Destroyer, it's a decidedly lethal ship. It also bristles with smaller antiship weapons and can support a half-dozen TIE wings, which gives it plenty of defensive capabilities."

As to the size of the Pulsar Station I believe it was garhkal who guesstimated that it was probably 30-40km.

40km sounded about right for a scaled down Death Star II so I used that as the size and spherical shape.

I got the crew ad passenger numbers by taking the Death Star II numbers and dividing by 4 because the Death Star II is 4 times larger at 160km

Weapons:
I didn't divide the number of weapons by 4 so the station may be undergunned for it's size but I did add some different weapons

First the Super Lasers I figure they each have capacitors that can store 4 shots. My question is how many die are required to destroy an SSD as described in the book. I've started at 3D thinking to scale up if necessary.

Second weapon. On my own I decided a station this size can be equipped with Anti-Orbital Ion Cannons like the one seen on Hoth.
I'm probably being overly generous on the range and may have too many so please feel free to correct me.

Some other weapons I decided to add are Anti-Starfighter Quad Laser Cannons, as well as Proton and Concussion missile launchers figuring even Imperials eentually learn that snubfighters are dangerous.

Gravity Well Projectors - I don't know if 12 is too many or too few.

TIE Fighters - You can make the 6 wings whatever you want but I'm going to use hyperspace capable TIE's. Aggressors, Hunter's, Defenders, and a wing of Blastboats.

Support Ships - I think this station is big enough to carry some support ships. I'm thinking of a few Marauder-class Corvettes, Loronar Strike Cruisers, & Victory I Star Destroyers. But I'm open you your opinions on how many of each it could carry.

And finally what do you guys think about the station being able to conceal itself with Orbital Nightcloak Satellites? And if so can you guys help me figure out how many satellites would be needed to englobe the station? My math-fu is weak, and my googling didn't turn up a convenient site to do the math for me.

So anyway here's my take on the Pulsar Station. Feel free to give me harsh feedback.

Pulsar Station

Craft: Custom Deep Space Battle Station
Type: Deep-space mobile battle station
Scale: Death Star
Length: 40 kilometers (diameter)
Volume: 33,510.32 km
Skill: battle station piloting: Pulsar Station 6D

Crew: 121,390, gunners 38,069: Skeleton: 18,965/+15

Crew Skill: Astrogation 5D+1, battle station piloting 6D, capital ship gunnery 5D, starship gunnery 4D+2

Passengers: 323,987 (troops), 31,892 (stormtroopers), 18,965 (starship support staff), 83,608 (support ship pilots and crew)

Cargo Capacity: 250,000 kilotons
Consumables: 10 years

Hyperdrive Multiplier: x3
Hyperdrive Backup: x20
Nav Computer: Yes

Space: 2
Atmosphere: 230 / 662 km/h
Maneuverability: 1D

Hull: 6D
Shields: 3D
Backup Shields: 3D

Sensors:
Passive 350/1D
Scan 1,500/2D
Search 7,500/3D
Focus 60/4D+2

Weapons:

20 Superlasers

Fire Arc: 5 front, 5 left, 5 right, 5 back
Crew: 75
Scale: death star
Skill: capital ship gunnery
Fire Control: 5D
Space Range: 5-25/75/150
Ammo: Current reactor can only generate 24D total per day per gun.
Rate of fire: It can build a charge of 1D per minute up to 12D.
Damage: 1D – 3D (Gradational output can fire once every minute at minimum energy (1D damage).)

40 Anti-Orbital Ion Cannons
Fire Arc: Turrets: 10 front, 10 left, 10 right, 10 back
Scale: Capital
Skill: Blaster artillery: surface-to-space
Crew: 27, skeleton: 12/+10
Cover: Full
Ammo: Unlimited (power generator)
Cost: 500,000 (new), 100,000 (used)
Availability: 3, X
Body: 5D
Fire Rate: 1
Space Range: 3-30/60/100
Planetary Range: 6-60/120/200 km
Damage: 12D (ionization)

1,000 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries
Fire Arc: 250 front. 250 left. 250 right, 250 back
Crew: (20), 2 (30)
Skill: Capital ship gunnery
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 3-15/35/75
Atmosphere Range: 6-30/70/150KM
Damage: 10D

1,000 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons
Crew: 2
Scale: Starfighter
Skill: Starship Gunnery
Fire Control: 4D
Space Range: 3-15/36/75
Atmosphere Range: 600-1.5/7/15KM
Damage: 5D

1,000 Ion Cannons
Crew: 4
Fire Control: 2D+2
Space Range: 1-10/25/50
Atmosphere Range: 2-20/50/100KM
Damage: 3D

1,000 Anti-Starfighter Quad Laser Cannons
Crew: 1(5), 2(10), 3(5)
Skill: Starship gunnery
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 4D

200 Proton Torpedo Launchers
Fire Arc: 50 Front, 50 Left, 50 Right, 50 Back
Fire Control: 3D
Space: 1/3/7
Atmosphere Range: 50-100/300/700m
Damage: 9D

200 Concussion Missile Launchers
Fire Arc: 50 Front, 50 Left, 50 Right, 50 Back
Space: 1/3/7
Atmosphere Range: 50-100/300/700m
Damage: 7D

100 Tractor Beam Emplacements
Fire Arc: 25 front, 25 left, 25 right, 25 back
Crew: 5
Space Range: 1-5/15/30
Atmosphere Range: 2-10/30/60 KM
Damage: 6D

12 Gravity Well Projectors
Fire Arc: 4 front, 4 left, 4 right, 4 back
Crew: 10
Skill: Capital ship gunnery: gravity well projector
Damage: Blocks hyperspace travel

Small Starship Complement:
6 wings

Support Ship Complement:
Marauder-class Corvettes: ?
Loronar Strike Cruisers: ?
Victory I Star Destroyers: ?

# ?? Orbital Nightcloak Satellites
Skill: Space transports: Remote satellite piloting
Difficulty: Difficult
Crew: None
Cost: Not available for sale
Availability: 4
Hull: 3D
Shields: None
Electromagnetic Absorption Weapon
Space Range: Orbit to Surface
Blast Radius: 5 km [See Note for details]
Note : Stated Nightcloak blast radius impossible with only thousands of satellites to cover entire planet, as each only covers 78.5 km^2. Using planet Earth as example; assuming perfect sphere with radius 6,463.1 km (Earth radius 6,378.1 km, Mesosphere extends 85 km from surface). Approximately 6,686,856 sats required. Therefore, Nightcloak satellite blast radius must be no less than 50 times greater than listed figure for thousands of sats to achieve complete coverage. EGWT and NEGWT incorrectly state that hundreds Nightcloak sats achieve complete planetary coverage. TCOPL***Pg 346, 356 - radio waves for communication pass through Nightcloak.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of those things that goes beyond the scale of play for me. Not saying I wouldn't use such a device, but I probably wouldn't stat it out... at least not fully: since the specifics are almost certainly irreleveant to the actual gameplay and the outcome of the PCs' actions.

However, since it seems to be perfectly symmetrical, I could see creating a map of one of its quarter-shperes so that an attack against it could be played out using starfighter formations and attack/straffing runs and what have you.

Using it as a map/battlefield seems more practical than using it as a "mobile" weapons platform.

Regarding carrying capitol ships, I think that star destroyers may be too big if we are working with a 40km diameter. When you consider that star destroyers are several kms themselves, it becomes crowded quite quickly... imagine trying to park you car in you living room: you may uave room for your other furniture, but if want to get the car out, you'll need a garage-sized door and a clear path to get in and out of the car, as well as room to open the doors, etc.

In the case of a star destroyer, you'll need enough room to maneuver all the maintenance equipment and litttle repulsorlift buggies for taxi-ing equipment to and from the ship... you need fuel stations to support however many fuel points the thing has... it would be a significant operation that would require a dedicated spaceport... which would take up a significant (dare I say the majority) of space available inside the station.

Though I would be inclined to give it more fighter wings than 6. How about 10?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Pulsar Station Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
I got the crew ad passenger numbers by taking the Death Star II numbers and dividing by 4 because the Death Star II is 4 times larger at 160km

The problem here is that reducing the diameter of a sphere by 3/4 results in a much greater reduction of the ship's internal volume. You aren't just making it 1/4 the length, you're also making it 1/4 the height and 1/4 the width. The end result is a sphere with approximately 1/64 the internal volume of the Death Star.

However, this is counterbalanced by some arguments to the effect that the Death Star's WEG stat crew numbers are ridiculously low for the amount of usable volume dictated by the Death Star's size, so your version could actually be more accurate...

Quote:
First the Super Lasers I figure they each have capacitors that can store 4 shots. My question is how many die are required to destroy an SSD as described in the book. I've started at 3D thinking to scale up if necessary.

Second weapon. On my own I decided a station this size can be equipped with Anti-Orbital Ion Cannons like the one seen on Hoth.
I'm probably being overly generous on the range and may have too many so please feel free to correct me.

In this case, your superlasers are roughly equal in Damage to the anti-orbital heavy turbolaser cannon on pg. 11 of Hideouts & Strongholds, which is comparable to the Anti-Orbital Ion Cannon. Granted, WEG fumbled on converting orbital ranges and space units, but that's no reason you can't come up with your own rule...

Quote:
Atmosphere: 230 / 662 km/h

No. Just no. If you took this thing into the atmosphere of any planet other than a gas giant, it would nearly not fit all the way in.

Quote:

You can probably chop the stats for these down to the minimum included for other ship-mounted weapons. Things like Ammo: Unlimited are pretty much a given.

Quote:
Crew: (20), 2 (30)

What does this crew listing even mean? The idea here is to allow for calculating the total number of gunners, but these numbers are useless for that purpose. This happens in multiple places on this stat, and I'm seeing a lot of evidence of cut-and-pasting from other sources without adapting the stats to fit their new usage and numbers.

Quote:

Why are these Starfighter Scale? Heavy Turbolasers are supposed to be the big guns on capital ships. These are just barely better damage-wise than lasers. If you are trying to make a Dual Purpose Cannon that can engage small capital ships and threaten starfighters, I'd make these Light Turbolasers at Capital-Scale, so that if you stack enough of them together, you can add the coordination bonus to Fire Control.

Quote:

WEG screwed up the damage on these when converting to 2E. If the quad-lasers on an X-Wing or the Millennium Falcon can do 6D, there is no reason the same cannon mounted on a capital ship shouldn't be able to do the same.

Quote:
200 Proton Torpedo Launchers
200 Concussion Missile Launchers

There is really no reason to include these. The stock stats are designed to give starfighters a hard enough punch to inflict damage on larger ships. On something like this, they lack the range, damage, numbers or fire control to do anything that can't already be done better by the ship's existing energy weapons. I would suggest reconfiguring these to launch either guided anti-starfighter weapons or orbital bombardment warheads for fire support.

Quote:
Orbital Nightcloak Satellites

These are more of a story factor than anything else. Characters aren't going to be using this sort of thing, and their primary interest is going to be how to target and shoot down enough satellites to disrupt the grid and save whatever planet this is being used on. I'd concentrate my efforts on rules for that and leave the rest to the GM's storytelling skills.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
This is one of those things that goes beyond the scale of play for me. Not saying I wouldn't use such a device, but I probably wouldn't stat it out... at least not fully: since the specifics are almost certainly irreleveant to the actual gameplay and the outcome of the PCs' actions.

However, since it seems to be perfectly symmetrical, I could see creating a map of one of its quarter-shperes so that an attack against it could be played out using starfighter formations and attack/straffing runs and what have you.

Using it as a map/battlefield seems more practical than using it as a "mobile" weapons platform.

Regarding carrying capitol ships, I think that star destroyers may be too big if we are working with a 40km diameter. When you consider that star destroyers are several kms themselves, it becomes crowded quite quickly... imagine trying to park you car in you living room: you may uave room for your other furniture, but if want to get the car out, you'll need a garage-sized door and a clear path to get in and out of the car, as well as room to open the doors, etc.

In the case of a star destroyer, you'll need enough room to maneuver all the maintenance equipment and litttle repulsorlift buggies for taxi-ing equipment to and from the ship... you need fuel stations to support however many fuel points the thing has... it would be a significant operation that would require a dedicated spaceport... which would take up a significant (dare I say the majority) of space available inside the station.

Though I would be inclined to give it more fighter wings than 6. How about 10?

I'm glad you mentioned the SD's being too big for internal docking, because I was thinking of external docking/landing pads (maybe 8 total) on the outer hull, with 2 per fire arc, 1 in the upper hemisphere, and 1 in the lower hemisphere.

And while the SD's are docked their dorsal weapons can be used to help defend the station. And since the main docking bay would be flush with the station it can be used for the transfer of supplies and stuff to and from the ship and station.

Also one of the reasons I suggested Victory SD's as support is because they are only 900m. I considered the 600m Interdictors as support but figured the station has it's own gravtiy well projectors
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also being its 40k in size, going into an atmosphere SHOULD physically be impossible for something that size. Heck an SSD needs a repulsor harness just to break atmosphere if its on a planet's surface, so THIS wouldn't be able to ever pull out if it made it IN.. And a ship that size would have some severe gravity problems for the planet..
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The problem here is that reducing the diameter of a sphere by 3/4 results in a much greater reduction of the ship's internal volume. You aren't just making it 1/4 the length, you're also making it 1/4 the height and 1/4 the width. The end result is a sphere with approximately 1/64 the internal volume of the Death Star.

However, this is counterbalanced by some arguments to the effect that the Death Star's WEG stat crew numbers are ridiculously low for the amount of usable volume dictated by the Death Star's size, so your version could actually be more accurate...

My math-fu is weak so that's why I'm asking for more competent opinions.

Quote:
No. Just no. If you took this thing into the atmosphere of any planet other than a gas giant, it would nearly not fit all the way in.

I've gotten into the habit of copying the stats as they are listed from the Star Wars D6 Ship Price Calculator.

Quote:
What does this crew listing even mean? The idea here is to allow for calculating the total number of gunners, but these numbers are useless for that purpose. This happens in multiple places on this stat, and I'm seeing a lot of evidence of cut-and-pasting from other sources without adapting the stats to fit their new usage and numbers.

That's because I did cut and paste some of the weapons stats, and those crew listings were how they were listed. The Star Wars D6 Ship Price Calculator doesn't list crew numbers for weapons so I had to go to sites like the D6Holocron to get crew numbers.

Things like this are also why I asked or feedback so I can make corrections if the info I copied was wrong. So what is the proper crew number for a Heavy Turbolaser Battery?

Quote:
Why are these Starfighter Scale? Heavy Turbolasers are supposed to be the big guns on capital ships.

That's my bad editing. I reorganized the order of weapons to have Capital scale weapons on top and Starfighter scale on the bottom and missed changing it to Capital. Should have stuck to cut and pasting.

Quote:
WEG screwed up the damage on these when converting to 2E. If the quad-lasers on an X-Wing or the Millennium Falcon can do 6D, there is no reason the same cannon mounted on a capital ship shouldn't be able to do the same.

6D got it

Quote:
There is really no reason to include these. The stock stats are designed to give starfighters a hard enough punch to inflict damage on larger ships. On something like this, they lack the range, damage, numbers or fire control to do anything that can't already be done better by the ship's existing energy weapons. I would suggest reconfiguring these to launch either guided anti-starfighter weapons or orbital bombardment warheads for fire support.

Not sure where to find guided anti-starfighter weapons. As to the orbital bombardment fire support, do you mean like the Torp Sphere?

Quote:
These are more of a story factor than anything else. Characters aren't going to be using this sort of thing, and their primary interest is going to be how to target and shoot down enough satellites to disrupt the grid and save whatever planet this is being used on. I'd concentrate my efforts on rules for that and leave the rest to the GM's storytelling skills.

They weren't intended to be used as a weapon against a planet, but as a defense around the station itself to hide it if needed. And as I said in the beginning including them as a defense was only an idea. Easily dropped.

Okay here's some suggested changes

Pulsar Station

Skill: battle station piloting: Pulsar Station 6D
Crew Skill: Astrogation 5D+1, battle station piloting: Pulsar Station 6D, capital ship gunnery 5D, starship gunnery 4D+2
Passengers: 323,987 (troops), 31,892 (stormtroopers), 18,965 (starship support staff), 83,608 (support ship pilots and crew)

Sensors:
Passive 350/1D
Scan 1,500/2D
Search 7,500/3D
Focus 60/4D+2

Weapons:

20 Superlasers
Damage: 1D – 6D (Gradational output can fire once every minute at minimum energy (1D damage).)

Crew: 1 (20), 2 (30)

Skill: Capital Ship Gunnery

1,000 Ion Cannons

Crew: 1

6 wings

Support Ship Complement:
Marauder-class Corvettes: ?
Loronar Strike Cruisers: ?
Victory I Star Destroyers: ?

Last edited by ForbinProject on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Also being its 40k in size, going into an atmosphere SHOULD physically be impossible for something that size. Heck an SSD needs a repulsor harness just to break atmosphere if its on a planet's surface, so THIS wouldn't be able to ever pull out if it made it IN.. And a ship that size would have some severe gravity problems for the planet..

TBH I would think getting close enough and activating and directing some of the gravity well projectors at a planet or moon could cause devastating ecological disasters.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
So what is the proper crew number for a Heavy Turbolaser Battery?

42?

Quote:
Not sure where to find guided anti-starfighter weapons. As to the orbital bombardment fire support, do you mean like the Torp Sphere?

Guided missiles can be found in Pirates & Privateers and Hideouts & Strongholds. Or you can homebrew something that works...

Quote:
Pulsar Station

I'm kinda with Naaman on this one; this thing is well beyond the scope of something a group of PCs could encounter on their own. However, it makes for a fun technical exercise, so I'll keep playing...

Quote:
battle station piloting: Pulsar Station 6D

The RAW uses the skill Battle Station Operations

Quote:
40 Anti-Orbital Ion Cannons <snip>

Anti-Orbital is pointless, since the cannon are now located in space and not on a planet's surface. Thus, they can engage targets anywhere within their range, not just "in orbit". I suggest calling them Heavy Ion Cannon

Quote:
1,000 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries <snip>

Basically, what WEG is saying here is that 20 heavy turbolaser batteries have 1 crewmember, and 30 more have 2 crew each. That's 50 heavy turbolaser batteries total. 50 is less than 1,000.

Quote:

Anti-Starfighter is redundant. The fact that these cannon are starfighter-scale and mounted on a capital ship tells anyone who can read a stat that they are anti-starfighter weaponry.

And 6D damage.

Quote:

4 projectors x4 is 16, not 12.
And why do these have only 1/5 the range of gravity well projectors mounted on Interdictor Cruisers?

Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

This is one of those times where we just go with whatever works for the story. If starkiller base can suck up a whole star without adversely affecring the system revolving around said star, then... who cares how a space station interacts with a planet's gravity.

And FWIW, a space statulion 40km in diameter will have nowhere near the mass of a 40km rock... not even close... maybe it will approach half the mass... but that is a big maybe.

Also, since we don't really know how gravity works, its good enough to just make it work however the story needs it to.
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
ForbinProject wrote:
So what is the proper crew number for a Heavy Turbolaser Battery?

42?

Sounds good to me. Razz

Quote:
Quote:

Guided missiles can be found in Pirates & Privateers and Hideouts & Strongholds. Or you can homebrew something that works...

Thank you. I'll look at those. I've also been looking at the stats for energy mines listed on the D6Holocron under the crossover section, and the assault torps/missiles listed as weapons on the Star Wars D6 Ship Price Calculator

Quote:
Quote:
Pulsar Station

I'm kinda with Naaman on this one; this thing is well beyond the scope of something a group of PCs could encounter on their own. However, it makes for a fun technical exercise, so I'll keep playing...

A fun exercise was basically my motivation to do this. I was rereading the book and thought, "Damn I'd love to see the stats for this."

Quote:
Quote:
battle station piloting: Pulsar Station 6D

The RAW uses the skill Battle Station Operations

When I was looking at the Death Star Templates on D6Holocron I saw they had "Skill: Battle station piloting: Death Star" So that's why I put a piloting skill on my template, but if Battle Station Operations is how it's supposed to work then that's what it'll be.

Quote:
Quote:

Anti-Orbital is pointless, since the cannon are now located in space and not on a planet's surface. Thus, they can engage targets anywhere within their range, not just "in orbit". I suggest calling them Heavy Ion Cannon

In this case I kept the name in case someone asked where I got a 12d ion cannon from.

Quote:
Quote:
1,000 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries <snip>

Basically, what WEG is saying here is that 20 heavy turbolaser batteries have 1 crewmember, and 30 more have 2 crew each. That's 50 heavy turbolaser batteries total. 50 is less than 1,000.

Thanks for the explanation. That clears things up.

Quote:
Quote:

Anti-Starfighter is redundant. The fact that these cannon are starfighter-scale and mounted on a capital ship tells anyone who can read a stat that they are anti-starfighter weaponry.

And 6D damage.

Gotcha.

Quote:
Quote:

4 projectors x4 is 16, not 12.

I originally was going to go with 3 but changed my mind and put 4 but forgot to change the 12 to 16. Thanks for catching that.

Quote:
And why do these have only 1/5 the range of gravity well projectors mounted on Interdictor Cruisers?

I was on the D6Holocron looking at the Sovereign class SSD for what a toned down Super Laser stat should look like and I got the stats for the Gravity Well Projectors from there instead of checking out the Interdictor stats. I'll fix that now.
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
garhkal wrote:

This is one of those times where we just go with whatever works for the story. If starkiller base can suck up a whole star without adversely affecring the system revolving around said star, then... who cares how a space station interacts with a planet's gravity.

And FWIW, a space statulion 40km in diameter will have nowhere near the mass of a 40km rock... not even close... maybe it will approach half the mass... but that is a big maybe.

Also, since we don't really know how gravity works, its good enough to just make it work however the story needs it to.

Also gravity well projectors can be set to push instead of pull as one interdictor cruiser did in "Solo Command" to get away from Zsinj's ships that were trying to ram it.
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revised template (still looking at choices for guided munitions)

Pulsar Station

Skill: battle station operations: Pulsar Station 6D
Crew Skill: Astrogation 5D+1, battle station operations: Pulsar Station 6D, capital ship gunnery 5D, starship gunnery 4D+2

Sensors:
Passive 350/1D
Scan 1,500/2D
Search 7,500/3D
Focus 60/4D+2

Weapons:

20 Superlasers
Damage: 1D – 6D (Gradational output can fire once every minute at minimum energy (1D damage).)

40 Heavy Ion Cannons
Crew: 27

1,000 Ion Cannons

1,000 Quad Laser Cannons

16 Gravity Well Projectors
Fire Control: 6D
Space Range: 1-5/75/150

6 wings

Support Ship Complement:
Marauder-class Corvettes: 12
Loronar Strike Cruisers: 4
Victory Star Destroyers: 8

Last edited by ForbinProject on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
Quote:
42?

Sounds good to me. Razz

Actually, I was joking. 42 was in reference to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, in which the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything, was... 42.

A better choice would be 3-4.

Quote:

Forgot to mention that this doesn't need a skeleton crew number anymore. For cap ships, the crew number is pretty much just for calculating how many crew get injured or killed if someone damages or destroys the gun mount.

ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
ForbinProject wrote:
Quote:
42?

Sounds good to me. Razz

Actually, I was joking. 42 was in reference to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, in which the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything, was... 42.

A better choice would be 3-4.

I did get the reference, but on the off chance you weren't joking I figured I can always change it later.

Quote:
Quote:

Forgot to mention that this doesn't need a skeleton crew number anymore. For cap ships, the crew number is pretty much just for calculating how many crew get injured or killed if someone damages or destroys the gun mount.

Dropping the skeleton crews.
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay got around to tweaking the station again.

Pulsar Station

Skill: battle station operations: Pulsar Station 6D
Crew Skill: Astrogation 5D+1, battle station operations: Pulsar Station 6D, capital ship gunnery 5D, starship gunnery 4D+2

Sensors:
Passive 350/1D
Scan 1,500/2D
Search 7,500/3D
Focus 60/4D+2

Weapons:

20 Superlasers

40 Heavy Ion Cannons
Crew: 27

1,000 Ion Cannons

400 General Purpose Warhead Tubes
Fire Arc: 100 front, 100 left, 100 right, 100 back
Space Range: 2-5/30/60
Damage:
9D for concussion missiles or proton torpedoes
10D for heavy rockets
11D for heavy proton bombs

1,000 Quad Laser Cannons

16 Gravity Well Projectors
Fire Control: 6D
Space Range: 1-5/75/150

OPTIONAL WEAPON
200 Energy Mine Launchers
Fire Arc: 50 front. 50 left. 50 right, 50 back
Scale: starfighter
Skill: starship gunnery
Space Range: 2-12/30/60
Damage: 6D+2
Notes
Energy Mine: The energy mines are extremely potent weapons that have been designed to damage enemy vessels at long range and break up attacking starfighter formations. Though unlikely to cripple warships, they are capable of scoring telling damage and are absolutely lethal to deployed fighters. Based around a warhead with a self-generating plasma field, energy mines are pre-programmed on launch to detonate at a set range, unleashing a destructive pulse with a huge area of effect which allows them to batter several vessels at once.

An energy mine is targeted at a specified point, rather than an enemy spacecraft and the attack is required to hit, difficulty 10, modified for range and speed as normal. Any object within the target area or up to 2 space units away from this point will be automatically hit by the energy mine, taking 6D+2 points of damage (starfighter scale).

Improved energy mines exist. This is a normal energy mine with an explosive range of 4 space units as opposed to 2. Within 2 space units of the detonation point, damage is 10D (starfighter scale) and any starfighter class vessel surviving the damage must make an immediate Pilot skill check at difficulty 20 or be stalled and unable to make any maneuvers or attacks for 1D rounds. At a distance of 3 to 4 space units from the detonation point, damage is 3D+1 (starfighter scale) and has no additional effect.

TIE/agg Aggressors: 1 wing
TIE/ht Hunter's: 2 wings
TIE/D Defenders: 2 wings
Skipray Blastboats: 1 wing

Support Ship Complement:
Marauder-class Corvettes: 12
Loronar Strike Cruisers: 4
Victory Star Destroyers: 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: