The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Coup de grace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Coup de grace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hyfigh
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Coup de grace Reply with quote

I can't seem to find any rules for coup de grace actions in the books I have access to. I've searched the Official Rules and House Rules forums, but am only seeing references to coup de grace actions with nothing specific. Does anyone know where I may find the rules?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean counterpart rules to the d20 coup de grace rules? If so, there aren't any, but that is because it is considerably easier to kill a character (PC or NPC) if hit. You just need the damage to exceed the defense roll by +16. The damage chart is automatically "dead." There is a Force Power that allows you to escape death by burning a FP and opting for "incapacitated" and adding some sort of maiming to it. But there aren't the same mechanics to keep your character from getting killed like in d20 games.

It's one of the reasons why the general philosophy of surviving combat is "don't get hit."
Hyfigh
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's what I was after. I had just been curious because it always felt to me - even in D20 - that striking a completely helpless opponent should be automatic death. That is, if that is what the attacker intended, anyways. It's just not that hard to slit a throat, break a neck, shoot the back of a head, or drive a blade through the spine to finish the job.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not official, Sparks has a C-D-G rule that lets you attack a helpless opponent with a melee weapon and get DOUBLE the weapon's mod in damage.. So if i am striking you with a Str+2d+2 vibro sword in a C-D-G attack, its doing str+4d+4!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: