The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Gry Sarth's Stats Emporium
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Gry Sarth's Stats Emporium
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Gry Sarth's Stats Emporium Reply with quote

Hi Guys, so Cheshire rang me up to let me know some of you would like to have my raw files to work from, or perhaps continue some of the work I left unfinished. Since I no longer have the time to dedicate to these projects, it would indeed be a shame to let these things be lost.

But since I got a few different requests for my files, I figured why just send them to a couple people? Anybody wishing to do something with them is more than welcome to poach from the work me and others (specially Cheshire, Commander Cody and Forceally) have done through the years.

So, here are all the folders I was able to dig up from my archives. I'm currently sharing them through my dropbox. I hope that works, otherwise feel free to recommend other methods. These folders contain all the text and image files used in the creation of the final PDFs, as well as the InDesign files of the edited books. Note that sometimes tweaks might have been made directly to the InDesign file, so the Word documents might not always be the most up-to-date info.

D6 Conversions - These are all the straight-up conversions of d20 books.

Aliens Stats

Creatures Stats

Droids Stats

Equipment Stats

Force Powers

Vehicles Stats

Weapons Stats

Starships Stats - This also contains the "More Individual Ships" folder, which is a small unfinished supplement to Starships Stats containing more examples of individual variations of ships. I cut this from Starships Stats because it was already huge and these variations didn't really feel necessary.

Space Stations This is something I cut from the Starships book and never knew what to do with.

NPCs - This is a very cool unfinished project that is quite close to completion, I really hope one of you guys can carry it through.

Attack of the Clones Sourcebook

Revenge of the Sith Sourcebook - Don't get too excited, this is FAR from done, but it does contain a lot of preliminary work.

Well, I think that's all folks. I hope you find some interesting and useful stuff in there, and it gives me great joy to see thins community continue to thrive and create such wonderful projects as the R&E Updated book. Feel free to use my files in any way you choose, just give a little credit where credit us due.

Share and enjoy!
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my lord, you're my hero Smile

I am SO glad to see these meet daylight. Many thanks!

Now that these are available, I'd love to chat with everyone currently doing fan projects, hopefully to coordinate work so we don't duplicate anything and leave anyone frustrated!

My current intentions are:

Finishing the TOR Sourcebook (GG16), for which I will use many of these resources. I also have a strong interest in finishing the Revenge of the Sith Sourcebook, and updating and compiling the Statbooks (droids, equipment, etc) to include the D20 conversions and bring them up to REUP compatibility.

Forceally, Cheshire, Shootingwomprats, Panzerjedi, REUP guys - (I think that's everyone?) - what are your interests?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall asking about the absence of the space stations in the Starship compilation some time ago. How hard would it be to compile it as an appendix to the Starships book?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I feel like I can take on the whole Empire myself!

I know that it's the excitement of seeing some of these files, plus with there being such good work in the pipeline. However, I have to be realistic. I'm going to be facing a writing-intensive semester this time around at work, as well as my real-life publishing deadlines coming due.

Right now my priorities are 1) keeping RL and gaming balanced 2) finish up my scavengers/salvagers article, 3) do a small release of the D6 Jr beta (a D6 SW RPG for ages 6+), and then I can better see what I'm excited about.

Personally, I'd love to see the ROTS see the light of day. We did so much work on that before the conversion guides. It's unfinished, but it's had a LOT of work already go into it. But I'm going to have to check in in January to really get an accurate gauge of where I'm at.
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, don't get me wrong, Chesh - I'm being as realistic as possible about my deadlines as well.

I've got a hectic real life too, and I'm scheduling this stuff out on the long term as something I can come back to at regular intervals. Honestly, that's the only way this stuff can happen once you're an adult - slow and steady wins the race, am I right? My Star Destroyer project is the same - I know if I book it and try to cram it into a time window, it'll burn out and I won't finish. But with good scheduling and planning, these things are possible.

In fact, that's my motivation to coordinate - imagine if we each took, say, a month to do a sourcebook before finding out we were duplicating work. Frustrating, but not too bad. But if we were taking months to years to complete something to only THEN find out it was a waste - well, that's hard Smile.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
I recall asking about the absence of the space stations in the Starship compilation some time ago. How hard would it be to compile it as an appendix to the Starships book?

Well, you've got the source files. There's only one way to find out for sure! Smile

Okay, just kidding. I'd actually set all the folders to downloading on my way out the door, and I'll be looking through them tonight or tomorrow.

Mojomoe wrote:

In fact, that's my motivation to coordinate - imagine if we each took, say, a month to do a sourcebook before finding out we were duplicating work. Frustrating, but not too bad. But if we were taking months to years to complete something to only THEN find out it was a waste - well, that's hard Smile.

You mean thinking things through before we do them? That's not our way around here! Smile

Seriously though, I'm open to participating in projects. Knowing myself I'm probably not a good team leader for any of them partly because I'm not good enough with either art or layout to put things together. I think I'm a stronger writer than I am with other aspects of production (which is why my publisher wisely farms that part of the work out). I'm likely to involve myself in a project I can get excited about and have some accountability or partnership in, though I probably won't take lead and duplicate other's work.

Good plan, though, at least in talking out what we're doing so we can work together instead of duplicating efforts.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you've enjoyed the files. Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything I can help you with.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Glad you've enjoyed the files. Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything I can help you with.

Thanks for making all this available.

crmcneill wrote:

No, that should not be hard to do.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: thanks so much Reply with quote

It's great that you've shared these, it will be great to be able to customize them. I have an Ancient Republic campaign, and a post- Endor campaign, and I might even cut down the books for each, like a minisourcebook.

More importantly, thank you so much for your original work on these. SW always made a problem for me with so, so many rpg books. How you decide which to carry to a game, or on vacation when you want to work on a project. I have used those compliations so many times for so many things. Just now I'm working on some ideas for d6 Fantasy and have been tweaking alien races for use as humanoids.

So, muito obrigado!
wildfire
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for making these available to all Smile
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone asked me privately about this thread, so I'm giving it a bump. Just for visibility.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO this thread should get Stickied... That way there is no need to bump it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: