The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

D6 Stats for Fractalsponge Projects
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> D6 Stats for Fractalsponge Projects Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Fractal just posted a Privocator class star destroyer. Any interest in starting out this one? I might take a shot at it myself...
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have way too much on my plate already with other ships I want to do. The Phantom and the Missile Boat are first in the queue.

The Provocator is more a large heavy cruiser than a Star Destroyer. On the Discord, Fractal pictures it as a slower, more heavily armed predecessor to the Gladiator. If you look at the two ships side-by-side, his Gladiator is basically a Provocator with the bow chopped off (along with four of the turbolaser turrets), with a launch bay added in.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Fractal actually stated how many weapons are on this ship? I have tried several times to count them, but I keep coming up with different numbers. Also, I think I see three different types of weapons. Finally, is there a hanger in this ship?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two small hangars are clearly visible in the images; one on either flank. As to the armament, it’s probably been mentioned somewhere in the Discord discussion thread, but I’ve been too busy battling Darth Reallife to follow along. You really should join the Discord if you want to stay current on these things. He’s posted multiple images of the progress on the Carrack, as well, and has just recently posted a WIP of the Subjugator from TCW.

Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined Fractal's Discord and I have learned how appropriate that name is. What a mess... thete is no way I can see gleaning any useful information from that format. I'll just make up what sounds right to me.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Bidlo wrote:
I joined Fractal's Discord and I have learned how appropriate that name is. What a mess... thete is no way I can see gleaning any useful information from that format.

No argument there, but the Discord is basically the only place to get the most up-to-date info on whatever Fractal’s working on. The comments section on his gallery website are now a very distant second, and there are projects he’s working on that still haven’t made it past the Discord.

Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on stats for the Provocator? But I am torn on weapons. I am thinking only turbolasers, a few ion cannon, point defense lasers, and tractor beams.
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a scan of the ship at all angles, I have counted 10 double heavy guns, 3 quad medium sized guns, and 50, yes 50 small double guns. I am thinking about going with rhe following:

10 double turbolasers (4 front, 3 right, 3 left) at 5D damage due to fire linking at the ship's scale;
3 quad ion cannons (1 front, 1 right, 1 left) at 5D damage due to fire linking at the ship's scale; and
50 double laser cannons (28 front, 14 right, 14 left, 4 back).
Tractor beam number and facing TBD because I could not see any on the ship images.

The fire arcs are based on location on the ship to my best guess. This makes this a frontal assault ship, which I think is appropriate, but is does need support to protect its rear especially. I am torn about the 3 ion cannons because those look more like smaller turbolasers, but the small number of the guns and the size compared to the rest of the armament makes no sense as light turbolasers.

I did not add any missiles because I feel they are overused in post WEG ship stats and should be relatively rare. After all, we really don't see battles between capital ships with salvoes of misdiles going back and forth. That is my own bias.

The space would likely be 4 and the crew will be a significant up size from the Gladiator as a razee version of the Provocator. The hull should also be stronger than the Gladiator for the same reason. I would also add a single squadron of 12 TIE fighters and a small number of shuttles and support craft.

Thoughts so far?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The laser cannon are primarily defensive, and really should be more evenly dispersed. Otherwise, you're leaving a hugely exploitable weak spot to the rear, where a strike squadron could hit the ship's engines and four laser cannon won't be enough to stop them.

Other than that, if you're picturing this as a frontal assault ship, I'd take advantage of the wedge-shape and allow all ten turbolasers to fire forward. Same with the ion cannon, as well. Leave it with no / minimal heavy weapons in the rear arc, just some defensive weaponry.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so, as mentioned in this post, Fractal posted a completed version of what I originally posted as the TIE Phantom. As promised, here are the updated stats

TIE Seeker

Images

The TIE Seeker is a rare, limited run heavy superiority starfighter. Initially known as the V-38 (a Sienar Fleet Systems internal designation for pre-production prototypes), it was only belatedly given a TIE Name designation several months after it had been bypassed by the more conventional and versatile TIE Mangler. Equipped with a heavy energy cannon armament, the Seeker lacks any sort of ordnance carrying capacity, and is used almost exclusively against enemy starfighters or other light craft. Equipped with a SLAM module, Seekers are commonly used to make high speed to charges directly at enemy formations, or sweep around their flanks to attack from unexpected angles.

While some Seekers did make it into operational service, it is still quite rare. However, the Seeker did see some success as the testbed platform for the TIE Phantom stealth starfighter program. The TIE Phantom is an extremely rare prototype starfighter developed in the aftermath of the Empire's defeat at the Battle of Yavin. Equipped with an advanced stygium cloaking device (in place of the SLAM on the Seeker), the Phantom is optimized as an ambush fighter, using stealth to sneak in close to opponents and savage them with pinpoint energy blasts. Because of the sensitive nature of the cloaking device, the Phantom is also equipped with a self-destruct device.

Craft: Sienar Fleet Systems' TIE/sk
Type: Heavy Superiority Starfighter
Scale: Starship (+6D)
Length: 14.6 meters
Skill: Starship Piloting: TIE/sk
Crew: 2 (1 @ +5, can coordinate)
Crew Skill:
Astrogation 4D
Gunnery 5D
Piloting 4D+1
Shields 4D+2
Sensors 4D+1
Transport Capacity:
--Cargo: 90 kilograms
Consumables: 3 days
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1
Hyperdrive Backup: x15
Nav Computer: Limited (5 jumps)
Maneuverability: 1D+2
Space: 11 (5D+2)
Atmosphere: 435; 1,250 km/h
Hull: 2D+2
Shields: 1D
Sensors:
Passive 40 / 1D+2
Scan 50 / 2D+1
Search 70 / 3D+1
Focus 4 / 4D
Weapons:
2 Heavy Laser Cannon (Fire-Linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Crew: 1
Skill: Starship Gunnery
Fire Control: 2D
Range:
--Space: 1-3/12/25
--Atmosphere: 100m-300m/1.2km/2.5km
Damage: 7D
3 Light Blaster Cannon (Fire-Linked)
Fire Control: 3D
Range:
--Space: 1-5/10/17
--Atmosphere: 100m-500m/1km/1.7km
Rate of Fire: 2D Auto-Fire
Damage: 3D+2
Light Quad Ion Cannon (Fire-Linked)
Fire Control: 2D
Range:
--Space: 1-3/7/16
--Atmosphere: 100m-300m/700m/1.6km
Damage: 5D (Ionization)
Special Equipment: SUB-LIGHT ACCELERATION MODULE
The Sub-Light Acceleration Module (or SLAM, for brevity) is an auxiliary thrust system that drastically boosts the Seeker's speed when active. However, it draws so much power that it is normally kept off-line unless in use. It is hardwired directly into the capacitors for the Seeker's extensive energy cannon armament, and draws power from them when active, which has the effect of reducing the energy cannon's recharge rates and effective damage. However, the Seeker has such an extensive cannon armament that the crew has the option of spreading the power draw across multiple systems, or of limiting the draw to one system while keeping the others at full power.

In-Game Use:
When the SLAM is active, adjust the Seeker's stats accordingly:
    Space: 14 (7D)
    Atmosphere: 485; 1,500 km/h
However, the SLAM draws 3D of power from the ship's cannon capacitors, which affects how rapidly the ship can fire full power shots.
    -When the SLAM is activated, the cannon have enough power for one full-strength Damage shot. Any subsequent shots are affected by the reduced capacitor recharge rate.

-The crew has two different options for managing the recharge rate:
      1) Spread evenly across all three cannon systems (reduces Damage by 1D, with penalty decreasing by 1 per round if the cannon isn't fired).

2) Drawn from a single cannon system (reduces Damage by 3D, with penalty decreasing by 1D per round if the cannon isn't fired).
Variants: (Use Above Stats, except as noted)
    TIE/ph Phantom Cloaked Combat Starfighter

Craft: Sienar Fleet Systems' TIE/ph
    Type: Cloaked Assault Starfighter
    Skill: Starship Piloting: TIE/ph
    Special Equipment: Replace Sub-Light Acceleration Module with...

MARK III STYGIUM CLOAKING DEVICE
      -The Phantom's Cloak provides a bonus to Stealth of +6D (low rolls represent an imperfection of the cloak allowing it to be detected momentarily).

-While the Cloak is active, the Phantom can't use Shields or Communications, and is limited to Passive Sensors only. As such, it can't make use of the Lock-On Rules. In addition, its speed is significantly reduced (Space: 7 / 3D+2, Atmosphere: 350; 1,000 Km/h) and the hyperdrive cannot be used.

-When in combat, a cloaked ambush attack uses the Surprised rules from pg. 96 of the 2R&E Rulebook. The Phantom pilot rolls his Piloting skill plus the 6D Cloak Bonus against his target's Sensors. On a Success, the Phantom's target is Surprised, and cannot maneuver to avoid the attack; on a Failure, the target's Sensor Operator gets enough warning that an attack is coming, and can evade normally.

-Once the Phantom attacks, its cloaking device is immediately dropped, and it is detectable by Sensors as normal, and can be attacked normally, subject to the limitations of MAPs and declared actions that round. The cloak can not be brought back up until the Phantom pilot's first turn in the next round, leaving a window of opportunity for a normal attack if an enemy pilot or gunner wins initiative.

-Enemy pilots can still make an educated guess and attack the Phantom's approximate location (-2D to Gunnery) unless the Phantom pilot makes a course change to throw off their aim.

-Once the enemy is aware that a Phantom is attacking them, they may make preemptive evasive maneuvers, even if they can't detect the Phantom. However, they will still be at a serious disadvantage on account of not knowing exactly where their enemy is. In game terms, an alerted pilot rolls his Dogfighting skills at -3D.

-If hit for Damage while using the Cloak, use the Shield results on the Damage Chart, with any penalties applied to the Cloak's Stealth bonus.

-If hit for Ionization, any Ionization dice penalties count triple against the Cloak (as in, 1D of Ionization counts as -3D against the Cloak's Stealth bonus)

House Rule Notes:
    SHIELDS & SHIELD CONTROL: 1D @ 1D
    VELOCITY MODIFIER:3D

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missile Boat

Images

The Rho-Class Missile Boat is an advanced starfighter designed and built by Cygnus Spaceworks. It has an extensive ordnance armament, and is also equipped with a Sub-Light Acceleration Module and an advanced power generator to increase its survivability.

Craft: Cygnus Spaceworks' Rho-Class XG-2 "NovaWing"
Type: Missile Assault Starfighter
Scale: Starship (+6D)
Length: 10 meters
Skill: Starship Piloting: Missile Boat
Crew: 1, plus Imperial Copilot Droid
Crew Skill:
Astrogation 4D
Gunnery 5D
Piloting 4D+2
Shields 4D+2
Sensors 4D+1
Cargo Capacity: 100 kilograms
Consumables: 3 days
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1
Hyperdrive Backup: x12
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 2D+2
Space: 9 (4D+2)
Atmosphere: 400; 1,150 km/h
Hull: 4D
Shields: 2D+2
-Fire Control Jammer: - 2D to Enemy Fire Control in Front Fire Arc.
Sensors:
Passive 30/1D
Scan 50/2D
Search 75/3D
Focus 4/4D+1
Weapons:
1 Heavy Blaster Cannon
Crew: 1 (Pilot)
Fire Control: 3D
Range:
--Space: 1-5/10/17
--Atmosphere: 100m-500m/1km/1.7km
Rate of Fire: 2D Auto-Fire
Damage: 3D
2 Warhead Launch Pods
All Other Stats vary by Weapon Type
Capacity: 6 each, in single-shot tubes. May select any Weapons from this list, depending on Availability.
2 Heavy Warhead Launch Pods
All Other Stats vary by Weapon Type
Capacity: Varies. May be fitted with one of three different types of launchers, with ordnance capacity varying by type:
    LIGHT: 24 each, in single-shot tubes. May select Light Weapons from this list, depending on Availability.
    STANDARD: 15 each, in single-shot tubes. May select any Weapons from this list, depending on Availability.
    HEAVY: 2 each, in single-shot tubes. May select any Ordnance except Bombs from this list, depending on Availability.

Special Equipment:
    SUB-LIGHT ACCELERATION MODULE
    The Sub-Light Acceleration Module (or SLAM, for brevity) is an auxiliary thrust system that drastically boosts the Missile Boat's speed when active. However, it draws so much power that it is normally kept off-line unless in use. It is hardwired directly into the capacitors for the heavy blaster cannon, and draws power from it when active, which has the effect of reducing the cannon's recharge rate and effective damage. In addition, the SLAM requires 1D of Auxiliary Power to function.
      In-Game Use:
      When the SLAM is active, adjust the Seeker's stats accordingly:
        Maneuverability: 1D+2
        Space: 14 (7D)
        Atmosphere: 485; 1,500 km/h
      However, the SLAM draws 3D of power from the ship's blaster cannon capacitors, which affects how rapidly the ship can fire full power shots.
        -When the SLAM is activated, the cannon has enough power for one full-strength Damage shot. Any subsequent shots are affected by the reduced capacitor recharge rate.

-Once the initial full-power shot is fired, the cannon's Damage suffers a -3D penalty, which reduces at a rate of 1D per round, if the cannon is not fired that round.

ADVANCED POWER GENERATOR
    The Missile Boat has 2D of Auxiliary Power (necessitated to make full use of the SLAM Module's capabilities). While no system can make full use of the full 2D at once, it can be used to enhance multiple systems simultaneously.

House Rule Notes:
    SHIELD & SHIELD CONTROL: 2D+2 @ 1D
    VELOCITY MODIFIER: 2D+1 (3D+2 w/ SLAM)

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fractal just published the completed Carrack.

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to update my GoogleDocs starship database with this when I get a chance. Thanks, CRM.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At long last, Fractalsponge’s Mandator III-Class Star Dreadnought.

Yora
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done model.

But the design makes me think "morbidly obese Star Destroyer".

Iridium Moons Retro-futuristic Space Opera
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25

Jump to: