The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

D6 Stats for Fractalsponge Projects
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> D6 Stats for Fractalsponge Projects Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Intersector Sloop Reply with quote

Dr. Bidlo wrote:
One question about the light turbolasers on the Intersector - why is the range 2-10-25-50? Where did those ranges come from, as I typically only see the 25 max range for starfighter scale weapons and 75 max range for capital scale energy weapons (barring ion cannons).

That was a decision I made as part of a larger stat revision project. Essentially, I wanted there to be different stats for light and heavy turbolasers, akin to the main and secondary batteries on battleships. The light turbolasers have shorter range and lower damage than heavies, but have a greater Rate of Fire and accuracy. If you look through the rest of the stats on my Index (in my signature), you'll see they've all been updated to that standard.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Intersector and Dominator Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
On another note, i see CRMcNeill's "To-Do List" includes the "Dominator-Class Interdiction Star Destroyer" as that has now been rendered by FractalSponge.

The problem with these stats (and the main reason I haven't posted my own version) is that the gravity well projectors on Fractal's version are individually much larger and more powerful than those on an Interdictor. In fact, the individual projectors on the Dominator may actually mass more than an entire Interdictor. As such, I'm not entirely sure how I would stat them out.

Pre-Fractal, my headcanon for the Dominator was more Victory-sized, with Interdictor-sized projectors.

Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Intersector Sloop Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Dr. Bidlo wrote:
One question about the light turbolasers on the Intersector - why is the range 2-10-25-50? Where did those ranges come from, as I typically only see the 25 max range for starfighter scale weapons and 75 max range for capital scale energy weapons (barring ion cannons).

That was a decision I made as part of a larger stat revision project. Essentially, I wanted there to be different stats for light and heavy turbolasers, akin to the main and secondary batteries on battleships. The light turbolasers have shorter range and lower damage than heavies, but have a greater Rate of Fire and accuracy. If you look through the rest of the stats on my Index (in my signature), you'll see they've all been updated to that standard.

I love the work you did in the area. I too have really had issues with the inconsistent stats and naming conventions of the various weapons. I also went through a very similar effort, but yours is more standardized, so I will probably start using it as a replacement for my house rules. Thanks for the amazing work!
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be of assistance.

Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:10 am    Post subject: Intersector-class Sloop Deck Plans Reply with quote

I have uploaded my first Imgur image - my Intersector-class Sloop Deck Plans, which can be found at: https://imgur.com/a/hDbRezB

Note: This design was prior to my knowing the front portion of the ship below the flight deck was a tractor beam. I was assumed incorrectly it was an airlock or escape pod.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s big enough to have two full decks.

Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assumed the cargo hold was two deck levels but internal systems and hardware took up the rest of the second deck for this one. I may redo it some day though...
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: BFF-1 Bulk Freighter Reply with quote

I thought i'd seen a BFF-1 Bulk Freighter stat block here, or maybe in one of the pdfs? Searching here i found two at Looking for BFF-1 Bulk Freighter stats for my SW rpg., but neither had pics.

FractalSponge's Bulk Freighter seems closer to 200m than to 120m...
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: BFF-1 Bulk Freighter Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
I thought i'd seen a BFF-1 Bulk Freighter stat block here, or maybe in one of the pdfs? Searching here i found two at Looking for BFF-1 Bulk Freighter stats for my SW rpg., but neither had pics.

Fractal's lengths have a tendency to vary as the projects progress. In this case, the one reference I could find was in the comments of the BFF-1 gallery on Fractal's main page, specifically, that his version is 163.7 meters. Longer than 120 meters, but not unmanageably so.

Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: BFF-1 Bulk Freighter Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:

Fractal's lengths have a tendency to vary as the projects progress. In this case, the one reference I could find was in the comments of the BFF-1 gallery on Fractal's main page, specifically, that his version is 163.7 meters. Longer than 120 meters, but not unmanageably so.

Ah, thanks! I had looked, but i couldn't find it.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my...

Fractal just posted a re-work of the Theta-Class Landing Barge. I really will have to do something about this...

Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Oh, my...

Fractal just posted a re-work of the Theta-Class Landing Barge. I really will have to do something about this...

*checks out FFrakktal's latest creation; jjaw dropss & brain punches it to Overdrive....*

Adding an Incom factory to my Urukhel Sector...
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nothing else, this will require a rethink of how WEG described landing barges. In particular, the Organization Chapter states that a Repulsorlift Battalion's one weakness is that it's the only standard Army Battalion that can't fit on a landing barge. However, it's obvious from looking at the Theta that it'd have to do some tight packing to fit a single Repulsorlift company, never mind a full battalion. Thanks to Fractal's earlier work on the Chi-Class, as well as the Y-85 Titan, we have some excellent examples of multiple platforms or varying size and capacity. Due to their size, the Chi and the Titan are mostly going to be found in service on larger vessels, as well as the Consolidator-Class Corps Transports. The Theta and the Sentinel are about the upper size limit of what can be fit into the hangar bays of an Imperial-Class or similarly size vessel, so that's going to be the majority of what PCs and the like are going to see.

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, for those of you who are Venator fans, Fractal just now posted his version, complete with formation shots alongside (variously) an Imperial, a Victory and a Proclamator.

As an added bonus, he included a glimpse of an early Imperial in Republic stripes.

Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Also, for those of you who are Venator fans, Fractal just now posted his version, complete with formation shots alongside (variously) an Imperial, a Victory and a Proclamator.

As an added bonus, he included a glimpse of an early Imperial in Republic stripes.

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 18 of 25

Jump to: