The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars D6 2nd Edition: Revised, Expanded, and Updated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Star Wars D6 2nd Edition: Revised, Expanded, and Updated Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This book is freaking awesome by the way. I printed out the monstrosity and slammed it (because with a book this size, the ONLY thing it does is slam) onto the table at the beginning of our first game in a new campaign this last Sunday and my players were wide-eyed and wondering what the hell it was. I explained it to them and they were delighted at all the new optional rules and such and were eager to try it out. Thanks for the hard work guys!

Read my gaming blog at www.alteredrealities.net - click on the tabs near the top for the different pages that usually have character bios and other info.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthOmega wrote:
This book is freaking awesome by the way. I printed out the monstrosity and slammed it (because with a book this size, the ONLY thing it does is slam) onto the table at the beginning of our first game in a new campaign this last Sunday and my players were wide-eyed and wondering what the hell it was. I explained it to them and they were delighted at all the new optional rules and such and were eager to try it out. Thanks for the hard work guys!

I bet they were thinking, "THAT'S AS FREAKING SWEET AS K'KRUHK'S FREAKING SWEET HAT!!!'
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it's great to hear people are using the rules.... wait till you see what we have coming this fall...
DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klhaviation wrote:
Thanks, it's great to hear people are using the rules.... wait till you see what we have coming this fall...

My printer is going to hate you guys...isn't it?

Read my gaming blog at www.alteredrealities.net - click on the tabs near the top for the different pages that usually have character bios and other info.
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... I think using lulu will be exponentially cheaper... this project is on the same technical and visual scale as REUP, but page count is far more of a consideration... 250 maybe 300 pages.
Jonos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been shopping around for other POD services. I found a place to print it full color hardback for about $56.00.

I'll post some feedback when I get it printed next paycheck. Smile
DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klhaviation wrote:
Well.... I think using lulu will be exponentially cheaper... this project is on the same technical and visual scale as REUP, but page count is far more of a consideration... 250 maybe 300 pages.

REUP all told cost me about $4 in paper (bought while on sale with school supplies) and $3 in ink (we get really good quality refurbished ink really cheap). The most expensive thing was getting the 3 inch binder to put it in at $9. We already had a TON of protective paper sleeves from previous books I had printed off due to me constantly working on homebrew AD&D settings and table-top RPGs that never go anywhere lol.

So all told roughly $17 actual out of pocket money to print off and put together the REUP book, not bad I'd say. 8)

This new project will probably cost about half that then.

cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELP!
LULU seems to hate me every time I try to upload REUP it gives me:

"Your document could not be created: The Courier font is not embedded. (How do I embed fonts?)The RotisSemiSansStd font is not embedded. (How do I embed fonts?)"

I can't for the life of me figure out how to embed the fonts. Please tell me someone already came up with a fix for this. Please tell me someone here has a corrected version they can send me. I am trying to get a set of REUP books for my group for Christmas. HELP!
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynanbloodbane wrote:
HELP!
LULU seems to hate me every time I try to upload REUP it gives me:

"Your document could not be created: The Courier font is not embedded. (How do I embed fonts?)The RotisSemiSansStd font is not embedded. (How do I embed fonts?)"

I can't for the life of me figure out how to embed the fonts. Please tell me someone already came up with a fix for this. Please tell me someone here has a corrected version they can send me. I am trying to get a set of REUP books for my group for Christmas. HELP!

Oliver Queen over on the G+ community answered first and Saved my gift project ! Operation REUP 4 All is a go!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azai wrote:
Unsure if this is the right place. But in terms of REUP, has anyone created a GM screen within its like? I know you probably don't need one cause most others will do the job, but I was just curious.

To my knowledge, no.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[RANT] I find fandom to be frustrating with respect to REUP in a couple ways. Mostly, I have encountered these issues elsewhere, not here at the Pit.

Firstly, REUP is not a new edition. REUP is greatly "expanded" from R&E, but most of the rules additions come from other WEG supplements. The "updated" refers mostly to updating the film and EU continuity within it, not the rules. There are much bigger game system changes from Blue Vader to R&E than there are from R&E to REUP. It is virtually the same exact game system as R&E. (All three cores firmly stand under the "second edition" umbrella.) If you look at REUP it screams R&E, so I really don't get why so many GMs who have experience with REUP refer to it as a third edition.

Secondly, I really hate that people assume REUP is the default core rules for reference. In rules discussions people spout page #s without specifying "REUP" in front of it when they are referring to REUP. What really provoked me to post this reply is related this one...

I am working on a spreadsheet document that has my house skill list with references of what the corresponding skills are in other editions, and so I've been researching some skills that appeared in sources other than R&E because I wanted to source their origins. I want to post my list as a google doc for everyone to reference when I start posting stuff in my house edition (so there is an edition conversion rubric of sorts.) There is a handy SW 2e skill list posted many years ago that is still on the web. It is billed as a "complete" skill list with sources noted for each skill, although it isn't really complete and probably no such list exists. I went there over the weekend, and lo and behold, it has actually been updated. But all the skills that were added were skills appearing in REUP that weren't already on the list. But what were they sourced as being from? R&E. So the list of officially published skills and sources is now corrupted by having skills listed as being from R&E that aren't. In actuality, some of the additional skills in REUP were from WEG sources and other skills were made up. I'm not sure which they are on all of them.

Ugh. REUP is overall great for what it is (and not for what it's not), but it is not official and not R&E! [/RANT]
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: