The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force User's Handbook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Force User's Handbook Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update:

I managed to come up with stats for the remaining powers for the Force Dyad that I couldn't come up with last time. I believe what I came up with will satisfy everyone.

As for the 66 powers I found, I searched through the previous WEG works, the WotC conversions, and my own works, and narrowed it down to 11. But while cross-checking with the Wook, I found another one. Between that, and something that was seen in ROTS, I got another 13 to create.

Secrets of the Jedi started talking about Force powers falling into three categories: Balance, Light, and Dark. I already got the Dark Side powers in their own section, but Jedi Powers cover both Balance and Light. Should I separate that into Jedi Powers and Light Side Powers?

Let me know so that once I create those new powers, I can get to the most tedious parts - the table of contents and appendix renumbering.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update.

I removed flashburn from the list. It's what Corran Horn suffered in I, Jedi when he sensed Mirax's presence had vanished. It's more of a description of an involuntary reaction than a Force power.

I also removed Words of Banishment because I vaguely remember it from the Clone Wars Adventures comics. The appearance was too brief for me use, and at the moment I don't have the comic. I need to get it to reevaluate it.

As for the other Force powers, only four to go. So can someone soon get back to me on whether not I should put the Light Side powers in their own section?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Secrets of the Jedi started talking about Force powers falling into three categories: Balance, Light, and Dark. I already got the Dark Side powers in their own section, but Jedi Powers cover both Balance and Light. Should I separate that into Jedi Powers and Light Side Powers?

No, I feel that DS powers being their own category is enough. You don't need to split up the rest.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
No, I feel that DS powers being their own category is enough. You don't need to split up the rest.

Agreed. Keep Dark side/sith powers separate.. Everything else can get clumped...
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was planning on holding off on this until July 4, three months before Phase II of the High Republic project begins, but considering what today is, here we go - another update on my work The Force Compendium.

I may yet post another update for my work on July 4. To quote Yoda: "Always in motion, the future is."
Whill

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Well I was planning on holding off on this until July 4, three months before Phase II of the High Republic project begins, but considering what today is, here we go - another update on my work The Force Compendium.

I may yet post another update for my work on July 4. To quote Yoda: "Always in motion, the future is."

Thanks, but it is telling us we need to request access.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try it now.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow just Wow.

Thank you for your tireless efforts to put out the most comprehensive force list I have seen yet.

Looking forward to the day that this is complete, if it can ever be.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. First off, in my rush to get this done for today, I forgot to make certain the entries in the appendix were in alphabetic order. I have done that now, so for anyone who has already gotten a copy of this, please discard it and download the corrected copy.

The Force Compendium

Luwingo_Spice the day this is complete is the day they stop making anything new for Star Wars. At the moment, I have four potential sources for new Force powers: Phase II of the High Republic project, Jedi: Fallen Order II, Phase III of the High Republic project, and any future expansions of The Old Republic MMORPG.

garkhal, I took a look at the powers you mentioned. Two of them have already been incorporated. As for the other three, I need to look at them more closely. I do know if I do include them, I need to do some format polishing.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update - read the Monster's Peak comics. Nothing new. Done for now unless something shows up in the new Obi-Wan show, but I seriously doubt that.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, something came up, but not from the Obi-Wan series. A power from Jedi: Fallen Order that I missed. Fortunately, I managed to add it in without completely reworking the table of contents or the appendix. Now we just have to wait about a month before I post it here.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed some fan powers in there. I'm creating a simple sense power that doesn't seem to exactly match any existing power. I'll try to come up with a write-up in the next couple weeks in case you want to include it. If not, that's ok. I'll still share it on the Pit for everyone.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I noticed some fan powers in there. I'm creating a simple sense power that doesn't seem to exactly match any existing power. I'll try to come up with a write-up in the next couple weeks in case you want to include it. If not, that's ok. I'll still share it on the Pit for everyone.

Go ahead and let me know. But I get the feeling that you're going to release it after July 4. If so, it won't be part of the update that I'll be posting on that date, but on the next one, which won't be until after Phase II begins and I see whether or not any new powers appear.

BTW, wasn't there going to be a new iteration of Star Wars Roleplaying being released soon? A new version from FFG or something?
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Go ahead and let me know. But I get the feeling that you're going to release it after July 4. If so, it won't be part of the update that I'll be posting on that date, but on the next one, which won't be until after Phase II begins and I see whether or not any new powers appear.

Good to know.

Forceally wrote:
BTW, wasn't there going to be a new iteration of Star Wars Roleplaying being released soon? A new version from FFG or something?

Not quite. The RPG/miniature game license was split up. FFG retains the miniature part of the license, and Edge Studio got the RPG license. Edge Studio is not making a new version of the FFG game. They are going to reprint some existing FFG books, and make some new books for the existing FFG RPG. In other words, they are only continuing the existing FFG game line.

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=208109#208109

It looks like they are only up to reprinting some existing FFG books so far.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well today's a rather interesting day. Not only is it the Fourth of July here in the States, but it's also three months exactly from the debut of Phase II of the High Republic project. Here's hoping we get some new powers and what not with it. In the meantime, to tide you all over until then, here's an update to my work.

The Force Compendium

I am planning to post another update around Christmas again, regardless of how Phase II turns out. I can definitely say that there will be more powers in that update because I realized in the past few days that I missed one. That got me doing some backtracking, and combined with the Obi-Wan series, there are three entries I missed. Putting these in wouldn't be just slipping in an entry. It would also mean redoing the table of contents and appendix, and given the size of my work, I don't look forward to doing them. Especially if the entries are at the beginning of the work.

Here are some hints on the powers I'll be adding soon:

A Legends Power only Palpatine used.

When WotC took over the RPG, they made a whole bunch of powers. Some were converted here on the forums. Some were linked to established WEG d6 powers. I looked at the description between a d20 power and it's established d6 counterpart, and I can't say they match exactly. So I'm making a distinct power to cover this. It's akin to my belief that create Force storms doesn't serve as a conversion for the Summon Storm feat, so I created the control weather power in response.

An article I found on the internet linking a scene in the final part of the Obi-Wan series to what I believe to be is a meditation practice.

Now if I can get my finances straightened out and get access to Disney+, I think there's finally enough references for me to try and deal with another power. One that we've seen in The Empire Strikes Back, Revenge of the Sith, the Clone Wars series, and Obi-Wan series. Here's a hint - Yoda referred to them while talking to Obi-Wan about his training on Tatooine. One already has stats, but given what happened in The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker, I'm going to add an appendage to it in the next update.

I'm thinking about including sections dealing with the construction of lightsabers, Jedi holocrons, and Sith holocrons. There's very little information about the latter two, with the Sith having slightly more info than the Jedi counterpart. Question for you: should I do this or not?

I once again ask this - should I put up a section about the powers used by the Ones from Mortis? The powers they used seem to be unique, with the exception of red Force lightning. And speaking of that power, I'm not including it's appearance from the Visions anime. Like I said before, for one to use red Force lightning, they must be exceptionally power and steeped in the Dark Side, or at a site like Mortis or the World Between Worlds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: