The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Character Creation & Discussion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A -> Character Creation & Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I havent been around to answer much. I've been pretty busy the last couple of days. If time allows, I'll be on some time later today to address the recent posts.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't been around much the last few days. I hurt my shoulder and have been dealing with it.

I'm calling one of the Force users. I haven't had the opportunity to work on my character yet, but with the freedom for our characters to not be lost due to gaining Dark Side points, I am altering my thoughts a little to include the possibility of a character like Starkiller from The Force Unleashed. Meaning, basically, that even though he was brought up Sith, he turns out working for the good guys...but still gets to use cool powers like Force Lightning and such.

I would like to know if 'light side' usage of such powers would still give a DSP, or if those are going to be done away with for this campaign, or at least for certain aspects of it.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaloth Varsk,

Your character sounds fine. Should make an interesting addition to the group. Also, more than one "pilot" character shouldnt hurt anything.

Companion droid. I think we can make that work.

Jedi Skyler,

Given the nature of the story, it would be counterproductive to add a DSP for every use of a Dark Side power. I'm going to be looking at the frequency of use and the intent behind such use.

In Episode III, Anikin used Dark Side powers as he went down the path of vengience. Starkiller used those powers as he went down the path of redemption. If one or more characters go down the dark path, those character(s) will become the "Villan(s)" of the story. While any characters who go down the path of redemption will be the "Heroe(s)" of the story. If everyone goes down one path of the other, great! If not, it will be interesting to see how the story progresses!
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like "pilot" in quotes. Dar would tell you he's one of the finest freighter pilots in the sector. However, there is a good reason he got shot down.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I was hoping you would say something like that. I will work on mine in the next day or two.
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Character Creation & Discussion Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Characters will be allowed to add up to 3D in any single skill.

So das this mean we can put up to 4D into a force skill? (normally id would be 3D but since you already increased the maximum, it would be nice to know if the maximum is also increased for the force skills).
Currently working on the second draft that will be more completed... will probably post it tomorrow (or, given that it's 00:18 here, today ^^).

Btw. Congratz regarding the twins! Hope you won't get too much sleep depriven ^^
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Character Creation & Discussion Reply with quote

Yinan wrote:
Guardian_A wrote:

So das this mean we can put up to 4D into a force skill? (normally id would be 3D but since you already increased the maximum, it would be nice to know if the maximum is also increased for the force skills).
Currently working on the second draft that will be more completed... will probably post it tomorrow (or, given that it's 00:18 here, today ^^).

Btw. Congratz regarding the twins! Hope you won't get too much sleep depriven ^^

I think 3D will still be the cut off for Force Skills. The additional Skill Dice is to help reflect that the characters have had real world experience in their chosen fields.

Sleep? Whats sleep? Zzzzzzz, . . . Shocked
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So thats what i thought up so far:

John Damek
Player: Yinan
Template: Demolition Expert / Force-User
Species: Human
Sex: Male Age: 30
Height: 1.70 m Weight: 71 k
Physical Description: Very short black hair, gray/green eyes, thin mustache. Wears some casual but dark cloth.
Background: Joined a Mercenary Group with age 16. Since he always played with explosive chemicals at home (that, of course, tend to blow up most of the time) he was pretty good with handling of explosives of any kind, which soon made him the demolition-guy of the group. He fell in love with one of the female mercs in the group, but never got the chance to confess, since on one mission, everyone except him died, because his love interest protected him. This event left him emotionally scarred and being the only person surviving the mission, he blamed himself for everything that happened. Since he couldn't cope with this self inflicted guilt, he sealed away all of his emotions and suppresed the memorys of this event.
Since he was force-sensitive, he soon caught the interest of the Sith and was trained in their way. But since he sealed away his emotions, he was unable to use his rage and anger, upsetting his Sith Master. He was put to use by making him join one of the mercenary groups the Sith hired and send him to Ruusan, to join the (more or less already lost) war.

Personality: He's usually quite and analytic, always trying to find the best Solution for the current Problem, no matter the cost. He only speaks as little as necessary and never joins any Recreational activities, always preparing for any event, that might occur.
Objective: None.
A Quote: "You can blow up everything. You only need enough explosives."

DEX 3D
Lightsaber 4D
Grenade 5D

KNO 2D
Survival 3D

MEC 2D

PER 3D
Bargain 4D
Hide 4D
Sneak 4D

STR 3D

TEC 3D
Demolition 6D
Explosives Engineering 5D

Control 2D

Alter 3D

Equipment:
TBA

Any thoughts so far? ^^

Last edited by Yinan on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is explosives engineering meant to be 5D (3D+2D)?
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah dammit, the only thing i forgot to change ^^ gonna edit that

I wrote it down with the D i put in the skill and not the resulting D to see much easier how much D i have left for the skills -.-
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinan wrote:
ah dammit, the only thing i forgot to change ^^ gonna edit that

I wrote it down with the D i put in the skill and not the resulting D to see much easier how much D i have left for the skills -.-

That's exactly what I thought it looked like.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Character Creation & Discussion Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Yinan wrote:
Guardian_A wrote:

I think 3D will still be the cut off for Force Skills. The additional Skill Dice is to help reflect that the characters have had real world experience in their chosen fields.

Sleep? Whats sleep? Zzzzzzz, . . . Shocked

Meaning you only want us to have Force skills no higher than 3D, correct? Can only add 2D to each?
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, do you want to stick to the normal process of allowing only one die to be broken up into specializations, or will you allow 2D to be used in this manner, since you want our characters to have a good deal of real-world experience? Is that something you would consider if we include a bit about how they came by this experience in the backstory we write, say, as a prerequisite to using the second die in this fashion?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Force Skills: Yes, max is 3D.

Specialties: 2D for specializations should be fine, and putting up to 2D in a single specialty should be ok to, so long as your back story explains how the character has come across such a specialized skill set.

PS: I'll be starting a new thread called "The Cantina" when I have a little time. This will be an In Character / Outside of story roleplay area for anyone who wants to get a feel for their characters before the game starts.

PSS: Finally made it home with the twins today, so dont be alarmed if I'm a little slow to respond to questions over the next few days.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and foremost, congratulations on the new arrivals! You're in for quite a ride, my friend.

Second, thanks for the answers. I have been working on my character sheet, and arrived at a standstill until I got these answers. Back to the sheet for me!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: