The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

1E, anyone play it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG -> 1E, anyone play it? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheEvilDM
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: 1E, anyone play it? Reply with quote

Hey guys new here... Been lurking for a bit.. Anyhow.. Couple friends and I decided to find a new game to play.. So I opened up my bookcases... They decided star wars d6... I'm excited.. So been reading up on things and such.. Question is does anyone play 1e of this game? And is all the fan material easy to use with 1E?

Lord Nikon
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1E, anyone play it? Reply with quote

Lord Nikon wrote:
Hey guys new here... Been lurking for a bit.. Anyhow.. Couple friends and I decided to find a new game to play.. So I opened up my bookcases... They decided star wars d6... I'm excited.. So been reading up on things and such.. Question is does anyone play 1e of this game? And is all the fan material easy to use with 1E?

I'd love to still be playing. Unfortunately, D6 Star Wars doesn't have anything like the following that it used to have. For nostalgia's sake, I used Amazon and eBay to find used copies of all the old D6 books, including the adventure journals, plus I've downloaded everything I can get my hands on from off-line. One of the guys on here has an account on 4shared that has all the old D6 books available for download. Can't remember who, though.

Plus, if you are looking for fan material, a lot of people on this list have collaborated to produce D6 conversion material for WOTC's Saga Edition books, so if you can get copies of those <cough4sharedcough> you can use the adventure material found in the WOTC material alongside the D6 stat conversions.
TheEvilDM
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow really? These forums seem to show tons play it.. And the system is so much nicer the any d20 system.

I have almost all the books.. Just nice to pick them up and play something fun.

I know there is tons of fan stuff but my question asked if that stuff was compatible with the 1E stuff... I know all stuff was designed for 2E
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Nikon wrote:
Wow really? These forums seem to show tons play it.. And the system is so much nicer the any d20 system.

I have almost all the books.. Just nice to pick them up and play something fun.

I know there is tons of fan stuff but my question asked if that stuff was compatible with the 1E stuff... I know all stuff was designed for 2E

I meant that nobody where I live plays it.

As for 1E conversions? Most of the stats are present in the 2E stats; you just throw out the stuff that you don't need. The only exception is the speed conversion, but the 2E Core Sourcebook had a section for converting 1E Speed Code to 2E Space and Atmosphere Speeds. I would just take the listed speed on a 2E stat and reverse it on the conversion chart. With weapons, all you have to do is throw out everything but Fire Control and Damage and you have a 1E stat.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll mostly work for 1e. There are some rather key differences between 1e and 2e or 2r&e. Speed on vehicles. Scales. Some skills. The Force. For the most part, you can use 2e stuff while using 1e to play it, you'll just have to know that some things won't be used (1e was more trimmed down and therefore most added things from 2e or 2r&e will just be discarded).

There are still some who play 1e. Not very many, but some. Most players of D6 Star Wars tend to lean towards 2r&e. The differences between 2e and 2r&e are very minor...much less than between 2e and 1e, but what works for one should be fairly close to working for any of them. Minor tweaking, at worst, to get them to work. It's not like trying to get D20 stuff converted to D6.

How much stuff do you have, and is it mostly 1e stuff?
I know there are others that are out there that would suggest you upgrade to 2r&e, but I won't do that. I'm more of a 2e player myself, so I don't try to get people to go up to 2r&e if they don't want to. If you don't have much stuff, though, I might suggest seeing about picking some of the 2e and/or 2r&e stuff up just to have the stuff available to you. Great stuff!

Hope this helps.
TheEvilDM
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input and advice. I have all 4 books (I think it was 4) that came out in 1E... and I have the 2E Corebook and 2e R&E book. We (my group) picked 1E, because I have played it, and another person has played it. I have never played the 2E stuff. I bought the books a long time ago, in hopes my group would return to SW after we did the 1E stuff... but my hopes died.
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you Smile Welcome!

I agree with Grimace, use what you have. I personally like the 2E book layout; I'm fairly sure that you'll be able to switch between 1 and 2 with no big problems as I think you're already fairly comfortable ruling on the fly.
TheEvilDM
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrataria wrote:
I know you Smile Welcome!

I agree with Grimace, use what you have. I personally like the 2E book layout; I'm fairly sure that you'll be able to switch between 1 and 2 with no big problems as I think you're already fairly comfortable ruling on the fly.

Hey Barrataria, you hang around here too! Awesome. I'd like to see what things you'd design for SW, you design some good stuff.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play a b@st@rd* of 1st and 2nd Revised edition.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Nikon wrote:
Thanks for the input and advice. I have all 4 books (I think it was 4) that came out in 1E... and I have the 2E Corebook and 2e R&E book. We (my group) picked 1E, because I have played it, and another person has played it. I have never played the 2E stuff. I bought the books a long time ago, in hopes my group would return to SW after we did the 1E stuff... but my hopes died.

Actually, it was a lot more than that. Everything up to the Heir To The Empire Sourcebook was released in 1E, so that includes a whole slew of adventures, Galaxy Guides 1 -6, Cracken's Rebel Field Guide, and the first two volumes of planets of the galaxy, along with some Gamemaster supplements.
Liquidsabre
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious, what aspects of 1e do you guys like to use in your 2e? I have the 1e core book sitting on my shelf. Maybe I'll just mosey on over and peruse it to see if there is anything I'd like to use for my 2e games.
TheEvilDM
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Lord Nikon wrote:

Actually, it was a lot more than that. Everything up to the Heir To The Empire Sourcebook was released in 1E, so that includes a whole slew of adventures, Galaxy Guides 1 -6, Cracken's Rebel Field Guide, and the first two volumes of planets of the galaxy, along with some Gamemaster supplements.

Really? Is there list somewhere I can find that shows what books came out exactly for 1E?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Nikon wrote:
Really? Is there list somewhere I can find that shows what books came out exactly for 1E?

I have a pdf file that lists all the books, complete with cover shots, ISBN numbers and release dates. I can't remember where I found it, but if you PM me your e-mail address, I can send you a copy.
TheEvilDM
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Lord Nikon wrote:

I have a pdf file that lists all the books, complete with cover shots, ISBN numbers and release dates. I can't remember where I found it, but if you PM me your e-mail address, I can send you a copy.

Sent! ty!
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liquidsabre wrote:
I'm curious, what aspects of 1e do you guys like to use in your 2e? I have the 1e core book sitting on my shelf. Maybe I'll just mosey on over and peruse it to see if there is anything I'd like to use for my 2e games.

I actually like the 1E initiative system and have modified it slightly for my home games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: