The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars D6 - WEG on Facebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> Star Wars D6 - WEG on Facebook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Star Wars D6 - WEG on Facebook Reply with quote

I created a facebook group for WEG Star Wars, called Star Wars D6 - WEG. It's open to everybody, so join up if you're so inclined.

Vong also added a link on the group to here.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... what's facebook?
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like Myspace, only different...
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a network of people who waste much time there. you create a profile, and people find you and can send you messages. there are also many time wasting games and things that you can use Smile fun little website.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, I pass then. Tks.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamfke wrote:
Something like Myspace, only different...

Yeah, it's not nearly so gaudy and terrible... though with all the damn applications that have been made for it, they're trying to make it just as bad Razz
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It originally started as a "college only" thing.... so that you could keep up with your friends around campus.

Then they let high school kids in, and now it's pretty much open to anyone... I actually preferred it to myspace... but, like Ankhanu pointed out... it's slowly becoming as bad... or worse...
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you can minimize most of the BS on someone's profile so you don't have to see it.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook's really gone downhill since I joined. It used to be really clean and functional... now it's overrun with gaudy applications and BS, much like Myspace has been for a long time.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
TrueGrit
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
Facebook's really gone downhill since I joined. It used to be really clean and functional... now it's overrun with gaudy applications and BS, much like Myspace has been for a long time.

I hear people say this a lot but it surprises me. I have only basic applications installed (videos, notes, groups, etc.) but none of the others. You can block any application you want and you'll never see it again, nor get any messages pertaining to it (either from you or your friends who use it). "Block This Application" is the best link on the site! Try it! Very Happy
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueGrit wrote:
I hear people say this a lot but it surprises me. I have only basic applications installed (videos, notes, groups, etc.) but none of the others. You can block any application you want and you'll never see it again, nor get any messages pertaining to it (either from you or your friends who use it). "Block This Application" is the best link on the site! Try it! Very Happy

Oh yeah, I use it Smile
I have two or three small apps installed; everything else I come across gets blocked...

Of course, that only works for my own profile; I still get to see/minimize all the BS on other people's profiles when I visit them. It's not my profile I have to worry about Wink

With MySpace, the issue wasn't applications, it was more so the level of customizability people have... and the fact that 99% of users have no taste, common sense, or ability to properly customize their space Razz
Animated gifs, embedded (bad) music, gaudy colour schemes and bad layouts are rampant on that site, it's pretty painful to experience usually. The fact that you couldn't screw around with and clutter Facebook (at first) was a factor that made it tolerable... now, though you still can't change the basic layout, it's just as cluttered and painful as MySpace has been.

And yet... I still use it Razz

Donate to Ankhanu Press
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried MySpace years ago, hated the interface, and deleted my account. I just set up a Facebook account, and I'm not impressed with it, either. It's old, but I still prefer LiveJournal, nice, simple, clean interface.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, don't like anything like that. So now Facespace, My book or blogs or journals for me. If I want my friends to know what's going on. I tell them via email the phone or in person.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Star Wars D6 - WEG on Facebook Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
I created a facebook group for WEG Star Wars, called Star Wars D6 - WEG. It's open to everybody, so join up if you're so inclined.

Vong also added a link on the group to here.

So I heard from vong yesterday on Facebook. He hasn't posted on the Pit since Sep 04, 2014 (which is the same last post day of fellow top five post count member Hellcat; their last posts are literally one on top of the other in an abandoned pbp game). vong was a moderator here until he left.

Ankhanu (last post here 2016) had deleted his Facebook account at some point without a word, leaving vong as the sole admin/moderator of the Facebook group. vong said that he only visits Facebook fours times a year, so he made me an admin of the Facebook group. I asked vong to appoint another guy (who actually wanted to be an admin), and he did make him one too. I told the other admin I would be happy to just be an emergency backup admin and leave it to him to run the show.

As a group admin/moderator it now shows me all posts and replies in the group, so now I can see posts from someone who blocked me on Facebook. When the other admin announced that he and I were now admins, the guy who blocked me replied, "Personally I’m a little disappointed to hear that. Whill is already the iron hand over at the Rancor Pit, it’s a shame this place will face the same." Since he can't see my replies, I can't reassure him he has nothing to worry about because I have no interest in bringing my "iron hand" to the Facebook group.

And I am a little disappointed that he wasn't a little more colorful with his idiom. "The Iron Fist of the Rancor Pit" has a better ring to it, don't you think?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: