The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Element of Fire - IC- Episode III The Hunt
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat -> Element of Fire - IC- Episode III The Hunt Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 187, 188, 189  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KAWD readies it's rifle and gets into a semi-crouched position that offers cover and visibility on the speeder. It uses it's photoreceptors and braid to constantly sweep the area in an attempt to look everywhere at once.

"Scans detect nothing approaching. This unit is unable to utilize Force, the so information received may be incomplete. Setting prejudice to maximum."

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan

Reylan looks to the sky but sees no sign of a threat. His gaze drops back to the cave, feeling a dark forebodding eminating from within. The skin on the back of his neck stiffens as a subtle odor wafts out. It smells like decay, and it's coming closer.

KAWD

The KAWD looks around, find absolutely no threat it can detect until.... The droid looks into the mouth of the cave but something seems wrong. Using infrared and ultraviolet spectrums it should be able to penetrate a little deeper into the cave than it can with normal human range. But something seems to be swallowing it's vision, preventing it from seeing very far into the cave.

It does, however, pick up the sound of footsteps in the sand approaching.

Daevon

Daevon stares at the gave, a sense of forebodding washing over him. His nostrils fill with the stench of decay very similar to what he smelled in the tomb beneath the temple on the last planet they visited. Only the stench seems to be moving closer, as if it were walking towards them. He senses hostility directed towards them coming out of the cave and something else, something he can just barely detect but can't tell exactly what it is.

Ali

Ali looks around, seeing no threats. But when she looks into the mouth of the cave she is shocked when her vision seems to be swallowed up. Even when she tries switching to night vision mode her vision doesn't penetrate very deep into the cave.

Roth

A faint hint of decay wafts out of the cave, making Roth slightly gag. The hairs on the back of his head stand up as whatever it is seems to be coming closer.

Ailyn

Ailyn looks up at where the Kandosii is quickly disappearing. She can't believe the others could possibly leave without even attempting to rescue her.

Her attention slowly turns to the cave and the same forebodding she's always felt within returns. She's never liked it in there, always a sense of dread inside. Not that she's easily scared, she's been in more terrifying places which have had little effect on her. But the cave seems different.

(OOC: Reylan and Roth both detect an immediate attack about to happen. Reylan failed the control roll to bring up lightsaber combat)

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensors/photoreceptors unable to detect within normal ranges when directed at cave. Audio sensors working normally. Footfalls detected. Force, the using unscientifically verifible communication with Jedi to indicate danger. Creative Cognitive Matrix engaged. Unpenitratable darkness indicates camoflage or some form of sight masking technology attack is likely to come from that direction. Adjusting behavior to compensate.

The KAWD alters it stance (if nessesary) so that it has the most cover possible in relation to the cave entrance. It also points it's rifle in that direction, targeting the footfalls as best it can.

OOC: If anything that acting hostile exits the cave the KAWD will attempt to shoot it.

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan looks toward the cave and says "The Cave." He senses the dark side coming, and actively remembers his teachings. He centres himself creating a calm centre of the turmoil of emotions raging in his direction.

He takes a deep breath, and faces the cave, standing his ground.

ooc: lets get that control roll up Very Happy

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daevon whines, pulss back slightly, his forepaw burying itself in his mane grasping the unseen lightsabre.

ooc: LSC

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"DIE!" a pair of gravelly sounding voices say, throaty with a combination of air and fluid to them. A pair of creatures erupt from the cave, the flesh seeming to be falling from their bones. Eyes stare ahead vacantly, devoid of any life. All look from them to Giric and back, noting they look much like him. They shuffle forward, swords gleaming in the sunlight. There voices radiate a sense of dread into the team.

"Jel, Helax," Giric whispers, disbelief in his voice. "Not possible."

(OOC: Reylan has lightsaber combat up. The creatures are trying to intimidate the team)

Wanted Poster
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOC: Daevon has lightsaber combat up)

Wanted Poster
Mandalore
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ailyn's jaw drops as the Kandosii takes off without her, even her normal list of expletives aren't enough for this. She stares after the retreating ship until she hears the voice from within the cavern, at which she whips around and pulls out her sword.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hostility detected, engaging target.

The KAWD fires at the nearest creature as soon as it is visible.

OOC: Not sure how intimidation works on droids. I know Giric has succeeded in getting the KAWD to reconsider it's actions before but the KAWD was just waiting for an opportunity to shoot so I figure it'll shoot first and deal with the intimidation later.

OOC2: 3D + 1D to hit, not trying anything fancy.

Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daevon looks at the creatures, stunned by their appearance. His race maybe predators, apex preadtors on their planet, but they have a respect for the dead. Covallons may not have much respect for personal posseions, (if you're dead you have no need for anything), but they try to be respectful of resting places.

There is a snap-hiss as Daevons lightsabre ignites, and he raises to his full height.

ooc: I know it won't work very well, but Daevon will try not to destroy the bodies too much, so mainly stabbing attacks and avoiding attacks instead of parrying.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAWD

The KAWD finds itself getting out of the speeder truck and running from the creatures.

Ailyn

Ailyn draws her sword but then she hops out of the drivers side door and runs after the droid

(OOC: I'd have to say intimidation works the same way it does against a normal character. Remember the scene in ANH where Han and Luke are "taking" Chewie to his cell? Cheiwe intimidated the mouse droid and it went scurrying the other way)

Wanted Poster
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daevon hops out of the speeder and stands up, lightsaber blazing. Somehow he manages to resist the initial onslaught of the creatures.

(OOC: The first one will be in Daevon's reach in the next round. Daevon makes the willpower check by one point)

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error...Error...Error Necrotic Yegoglar not possible. Impossible being cannot be engaged, odds of successfully surviving encounter cannot be calculated. Must obey acting primary role: Protect own existance. Creative Cognitive Matrix override in progress.

The KAWD will attempt to reach a safe distance as it's Creative Cognitive Matrix attempts to override it's logic circuits that demand it falls back from an impossible encounter.

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan steels himself for the onslaught, trying to stand steady in the face of the thread "Stand together!" he says.

ooc: Full Defensive this round - assuming i make my willpower roll Wink

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan finds himself turning and fleeing from the creatures.

(OOC: Reylan runs for the rest of the round and the next)

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 187, 188, 189  Next
Page 130 of 189

Jump to: