The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New group, new DSP conundrum...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> New group, new DSP conundrum... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killed them all, and due to his being in a rage, HE described then stomping them into pulp.
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSP
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost universally: Force Sensitive + Berserker Rage + Force Point = DSP
As mentioned, when in a berserker rage, a Wookiee is acting on passion/emotion... even if the reasons for succumbing to rage are noble, they're still acting on their hatred and, well, rage... hence it being called a rage Wink There would have to be some pretty serious circumstances for a DSP to not be appropriate for a raging force sensitive character. That's the drawback of being force sensitive and gaining that second FP.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only gave him the one... for now.
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, he would definitely have a dark side hangover after that one!
Draylo Star
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
There's really no misconception. The rules are pretty clear in the main book.
Page 29:
Quote:
Force-sensitive characters feel the pull of both the light and the dark. They must be careful not to do evil or they risk being forever corrupted by the dark side.
Force-sensitive characters can't be as mercenary as Han Solo is at the beginning of A New Hope. They must be moral, honest and honorable, like Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, or the dark side will dominate them.

Page 137:
Quote:
Those who are sensitive to the Force soon learn that there is no middle ground between the dark and the light. For most beings -- unaware of the power of the Force -- the struggle between good and evil is not as powerful, not as compelling. For those who are attuned to the Force, the struggle of good versus evil, life versus death, is of the utmost importance.

Neither of those say anything about having to be trained. It's one of the drawbacks of being sensitive. You feel the pull, whether you fully understand it or not. Unfortunately, there is no gray area when it comes to it. If you do evil, you are more compelled than the average person to continue doing it. Hence, the darkside point.

The problem I have with this is now that alot more stuff has been released about the Star Wars Universe I dont think Darkside points are as black and white as they use to be just my 2 cents

But yeah the Wookie gets a DSP for stomping them into a pulp
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is when you're force sensitive.
That whole intent thing gets thrown out the window when the ones using "dark side" powers for good become Sith. Sorry, that's just the way the force works, it's not like Knights of the Old republic, where you only get Dark Side points for saying mean things in social interactions. It's not like force unleashed where you get to make one choice throughout the game to be a good guy. I'm not saying that non-trainees have to adhere to the Jedi code or anything like that. What I am saying is won ton acts of violence, twisting reality to throw lightning, or choking someone with telekinesis grant Dark Side points. I'm also of the opinion, that walking up and cutting an unarmed opponent, or killing someone because it's easier than having to deal with them again grants a DSP, even accidentally killing someone isn't an excuse any longer.

Pg. 98 Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised & Expanded wrote:

Game Option: Severe Injuries. As an optional rule, a
character who causes enough damage to kill another character
has the option of causing a serious, permanent injury
instead. (For example, a limb could be severed or a body part
injured so badly that it could never be used again.)
This is not necessarily an evil action — some would say
this is more merciful than killing someone (although that's
up for debate). In addition to the severe injury, the target
character is wounded, wounded twice or incapacitated
(gamemaster's option).

They even give the player the option after the fact to not kill. How about that? In my opinion, for a force sensitive, there are no excuses. None.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one reason why the rules almost always say a character should get a warning before he does something that will earn him a DSP. DSPs are very nasty in d6.

In my current campaign (set during the Clone Wars) one of my PCs is a force sensitive who was somehow "missed" by the Jedi. He is now grown up, and the Jedi are somewhat concerned/worried about him. They want to give him the basic training that younglings get, and prep him for a career in one of the JediCorps, but have this war going on. They won't force him to train, and realize just throwing him in with the younglings won't work. so the situation is tricky. Yoda keeps giving the PC warnings and the PC is just getting annoyed with Yoda.

Said PC also has a fondness for the toys, a tendency to get angry with and lecture to the bad guys for attacking him, and fails into a "it's okay to do that 'cuz we're the good guys" mentality.

I've been giving him warnings and trying to clue him in, but there is every possibility of him developing into the prototype for the Emperor's Hand.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good point on the maim rule, bt that is also only if the gm is even using it. And with a beserked wookie, i would say he could NOT chose to use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: