The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Best fight ever!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Best fight ever! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My rebel group usd to work in a forest somewhere on a planet and as soon as we got there we set up our forces in this perfect vally with some bushes and a lot of trees. Imidiately we ddecided to attack some impirials, we went to a small impiraly controlled bar, and our ridar went in and said "alright, those d@mn impirals have been in control for far too long! We need to take a stand and force them off our planet! Who's with me?!?!". One impiral said "yeah lets do it" and shot another one in the chest, then realized what he'd done and said to attack us and they did. The ridar ran out to our waiting speeder, and we drove away while shooting out a good deal of speeders that were following us. Eventually they called for backup and we had to drive back to our little valley. They followed us there, and our fifteeen ground troops, and two A-Wings shot the crap out of every single stormtrooper. Even though our ships could not stun, all our ground troops did, and we got a lot of ammo, guns and armor!
After we did this, we realized that we still had not scouted out the area sorounding our base, and did so. The two groups took two of the speeders, and mine ended up running into a temporary Impirial setup that looked like it was set up after the previous days events. We fought some stormcommando type troops, then saw that there were a lot more of them, they ran awayand we saw that they had been planting big bombs, and were planning to burn down the forest. When we got back to base, we learned that they were putting bombs all around the woods, and were going to set them all off with one big bomb. We set up a force that had two groups, one with big non-stealthy guys, who would start off by attacking individual groups of impirials around the small bombs. The big group would be hitting the big bomb, and after truning off their lights, kill the officers and large groups of stormtroopers by catching them off gaurd, then move along to the smaller bombs. The previous day we had met a tribe of herglics in the woods who studied the force, and woud not join us and the agreed to help us fight them if they came into the forest. After taking out all the bombs, we got attacked by a massive force, and ran into the forset. They got jumped on by the Herglics, we went back and stole their speeders, guns, ammo, armor and bombs , Went back to base and partied! Later we determened that we had killed over 150 troops, and taken no casualties!
What do you think?
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
roguesquad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your gamemaster likes you!
Brandon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one from a session I ran last Thursday. I wrote this based on my notes during the combat. Orygen is a young Jedi and is fighting off a pair of would-be hijackers on board his ship, unassumingly named the Mind Trick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orygen opened himself up to the Force as he ignited his lightsaber, preparing for combat. Standing in front of the hatch, he opened it and stared at the pair of intruders who stood ready with their fireblade swords held in front of them. They seemed undaunted at the sight of his glowing lightsaber.

"Are ye the pilot of this spacegoing vessel?" one of the masked men asked.

"Yes, this is my ship. What do you want?" Orygen asked.

"Put that overgrown lamp away, put your hands in the air and take us to the bridge." the intruder responded, pointing the tip of his sword at Orygen's weapon.

"You want to go to the bridge? Sure, you can go on ahead of me, I'll be right behind you." Orygen said sarcastically.

"This is no laughing matter. You will take this ship to the coordinates of our choosing if you know what's good for you." The second intruder snapped.

Orygen raised his lightsaber. "I'm afraid not," he said, and swung into action. He engaged the first intruder. There was a flash of sparks as the first swordsman attempted to parry the lightsaber, but energy blades are stronger than reinforced ceramic, and the sword was cut in two. The second swordsman swung his blade in a high arc, and Orygen barely got out of the way.

Orygen let the Force flow through him as he brought his lightsaber around to the first intruder, who was still weilding the broken shaft of his blade. Orygen took the man's arm off with one deft swing. With a sizzle of burned flesh, the black-clad man crumpled.

The second swordsman wasted no time. He slashed violently at Orygen who was only barely able to parry. Orygen whirled about and using his telekinetic powers, knocked the man to the ground. Orygen swung his lightsaber, and there was another snap as the man's sword was cleaved in two by Orygen's green lightsaber blade.

Immediately the swordfighter abandoned his sword and grabbed for a pair of knives secured to his catsuit's webbing. Drawing the balanced ceramic blade, he flicked it underhanded, and it tore a chunk out of Orygen's shoulder.

The gash began bleeding profusely. Using the Force to crush the pain, Orygen ignored the blood that splashed down from his damaged arm, closing in on the prone figure. The swordsman flicked a second throwing blade, but the knife went wide and sparked off a nearby bulkhead.

Orygen slashed downward at the fighter, who, amazingly, was able to use a crossed wrist blocking maneuver against the lightsaber hilt, stopping Orygen's blade in mid-swing. With a deft kick, the fighter sent Orygen reeling back.

The fighter started to get to his feet, reaching for his holstered energy weapon, and Orygen caught him with the lightsaber. The man again tried to block, and as lightsaber blades are more powerful than human flesh, he lost a few fingers in the attempt, and Orygen scored a strike that burned a shallow wound across the man's midsection. The masked fighter went down, the fight spilling out of him. As his own blood pooled on the floor, Orygen stood over the fallen intruder, pointing the lightsaber at the man's pain-contorted features.

"Now, who are you exactly and what did you want with my ship?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool Brandon! 8)

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightsabers are tons of fun as long as you can use the thing Smile
which is something my players need to work on in my jedi game hehe Laughing
very cool combat scene brandon Smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Brandon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the mistake the player made (Orygen) was dropping his lightsaber combat power after knocking the first guy out of the fight. With multiple action penalties he figured it wasn't worth it, but it made things a lot harder when squaring off against an NPC with high melee and brawling parry skills. I was rolling obscenely well that night too, which helps.

The end result was the same, but had the player kept lightsaber combat up, he probably could have avoided getting wounded.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many D control and sense does Orygen have?

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Brandon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to check his stats when I get home, but somewhere in the 3-4D range.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked it out:

Orygen Calixstus

Control - 4D+1
Alter - 4D+1
Sense - 3D+2

Lightsaber - 6D
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to have my jedi characters trick my opponents into thinking they are unarmed. I use things like enhance attribute so that my skill with a blaster and my dodges are better, and if that does not work, I can always slice them into tiny little bits of sushi Twisted Evil (otherwise they would be stunned by my blaster).
Listen to the madman!'
Djas Puhr
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best fight we ever had was with a rival group of bounty hunters out in the wastelands of Tatooine. Our group was after the leader of a swoop gang that supposedly had a hideout somewhere in the Jundland wastes. Jabba had sent out his own group of bounty hunters to bring the guy in too. The adventure was basically a race between the two groups of bounty hunters, seeing who could find the guy first. Jabba's bounty hunters out-numbered us, so we were trying to avoid direct conflict with them. Our group was cruising across the sand dunes in a small skiff, heading toward the suspected location of the swoop gang's hideout when one of our guys spotted another skiff on the horizon. It was Jabba's goons trying to head us off. We realized that it was finally time to take these guys out if we ever wanted to capture this bounty. The ensuing battle was the best we've ever been involved in. The two skiffs were speeding across the desert, the occupants of each blasting away at the other skiff. Our skiff got taken out and we crashed into the sand. We took cover behind the disabled skiff and continued to fire at the other skiff that was now circling our group, trying to get a good shot at us. We finally managed to disable their skiff and they crashed to the sand about 50 meters from our position. Our groups continued to fire back and forth from the cover of our crashed skiffs. Then our GM decided to make things really interesting. Three Krayt dragons appeared from behind some rocks and proceeded to attack both of our groups. Our two groups were suddenly united with the common goal of defeating the Krayt dragons. After a long and arduous battle, we managed to defeat the Krayt dragons. We also managed to take out Jabba's thugs in the process. Our entire group was in desperate need of medical attention. Our medic had been incapacitated in the battle and couldn't apply first aid to anyone. We managed to get our skiff repaired just enough to allow us to limp back into Mos Eisley. Our group suffered some pretty heavy losses, but it was probably the most fun we've had in a single gaming session.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just so you know Djas... with the bounty hunter's code, if a bounty hunter kills another bounty hunter over a mark... then he becomes wanted by other bounty hunters... there's a professional courtesy that all bounty hunters extend to one another (although it's true that not all follow it.) that every hunter no matter how new, is respected (to some degree).

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Djas Puhr
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Crell. In this case though, I would say that the bounty hunters (maybe they should be referred to more as thugs than bounty hunters) that Jabba hired broke this code, not us.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not questioning your bounty hunters... just stating something interesting I read in the bounty hunter galaxy guide...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deffinately a cool adventure! I don't think they did the right thing though, they could have smashed your skiff, and left you for dead. Oh, and I'm afraid I don't know the stats for a Krayt Dragon, do they have natural armor and weapons?
Listen to the madman!'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: