The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Damage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sepherin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Damage Reply with quote

could someone help me with the damage system in the game...me and my friends play but aren't sure how it works still.

I understand how to get damaged/deal damage...it is the wound levels thing that confuses me for example.

if i deal 3 damage to npc 'x', then x is stunned...then say next turn i deal 2 damage to npc 'x'...is he stunned again? since 0-3 is stunned? or is he wounded since he has taken a total of 5 damage...I would think that he is wounded, but, it says in the rule book that when a character takes a level of stuns equal to his str. he is knocked unconscious...well if my char would have a str of say 5, that would mean he could never be knocked unconscious by stunning blows. Also what would happen if someone is wounded once, then gets hit for 1 damage? is he wounded twice? or is he wounded once and stunned?. If he is wounded twice, then what happens when if he takes another 1 damage? is he immediatly incapacitated? or , since he isn't out of the wounded levels yet, does nothing happen?...

this is very confusing to me because this is the first solely d6 based game i have ever played, i am more used to DnD, and Whitewolf...
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A. if you deal 3 damage to npc 'x' and then 2 he's stunned twice, which would be -2d from all checks for 2 rounds, unless he only has a 2D strength in which case he's knocked out.

as for the character with 5d str, he can be knocked unconcious from stuns, but it'll take 5 before he's KOd

you never add up the actual damage that you do to a person, you simple add up wounds... see the penalties from wounds and stuns and what not also play a part in the next time a character is attacked and damaged, that's why they worked it that way... i think i explained it as best as i can, but if you need me to explain it further, then just ask Smile maybe the other guys can help out
sepherin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thank you this is actually helping very much Very Happy. I only have a few more questions then.

A character can be stunned as many times as you get a stun roll for his damage, I understand that now (thanks again)

What happens if a character is wounded and then stunned? Does he get a -1 from the wounded, then another -1 from being stunned, but only for 2 turns?

What happens if a character is already wounded twice and get 'wounded' again? Does he get an effective wounded 3x and a -3 to all action?

If a char is stunned, and then stunned again the following round is he at -2 for that round?

I thank you so much for your helpful replies, this is going to make gaming with my friends so much easier when it comes to damage.
sepherin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, sorry another question.

I know that if you take stun damage equal to your str you are knocked unconscious. But say you have a str of 2 and are wounded twice passing the stun level. Does your character go unconscious? or do you only go unconscious from stun damage?
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an excerpt from the free "Star Wars Roleplaying Game, Second Edition Revised and Expanded" pamphlet:

"A wounded character who's wounded a second time is 'wounded twice'. A character who's wounded twice falls prone and can take no actions for the rest of the round. The character suffers a penalty of -2D to all skill and attribute rolls until he is healed. A wounded twice character who is wounded again is incapacitated."

The rules don't specifically state what happens when a character is wounded and then stunned. I guess it's open to interpretation. I think that the character would suffer the additional penalty (-2D total penalty: -1D from the wound and -1D from being stunned) for 2 rounds. When the two rounds are up, the affects of being stunned would go away but he would still be wounded (-1D total penalty from the wound). I think if a character with 2D strength is wounded and then stunned, they would be knocked unconscious for the 2D minutes.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly, that was what i was trying to say
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree exactly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: