The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Spacetrooper Armor (Updated)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Spacetrooper Armor (Updated) Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
The atmosphere is not as much an issue with my disbelief suspension as the gravity. The heavy spacetrooper armor is just so massive. But I agree that it should have a limited number of jumps to transition to and from artificial gravity environments.

The mass as such doesn’t hugely concern me in a setting where repulsorlifts negate with relative ease, but it would certainly break with the feel of Spacetroopers being ponderous, walking juggernauts. I certainly don’t want them flying around as fast as swoops (which is roughly what a Space of 1 converts to in Atmosphere). I don’t know if I’d put a limit on the number of jumps, though, since the Armor itself has a hard cap of four hours of power before it has to recharge.

I wonder if Assault Shuttles could also carry a “Space Gonk Droid” that can fly out to deployed Spacetroopers to charge them up if they have to stay deployed longer…

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: