The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Republic Military post-Jakku the largest fleet ever?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> New Republic Military post-Jakku the largest fleet ever?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:59 am    Post subject: New Republic Military post-Jakku the largest fleet ever? Reply with quote

Now we know from madalorian that factions of the empire are still around.
The "mop up" times as to the timeline and ending the war.

However it made me think, the battle of jakku while a large scale battle it did not incluse more than a mere fraction of the imperial wardships that at the time would still be out there.

We know that not all the "moffs" and faction leaders joined with Rax' forces over jakku. and of course some of these surrendered and many fought on.

now to the big question I suppose; Given the enormous size of the Imperial fleet and with the republic siezing control of more and more territory formerly imperial, then would not the fleet increase as well, with thousands of warships from corvettes to destroyers and dreadnaughts?

And if so what happened to the largest fleet ever in the galaxy, imperial fleet plus rebel fleet.......and yet we had but what 2 warships total by the sequals?

What governement other than a purely evil and dark one, and one making Palpatine seem like the shining beacon of virtue and goodness, that decomissions several 1000s warships when a galaxy is unstable and still recovering from war with all the conflicts that entails, with criminals, warlords etc.....

So to me it stands to reason that by as early as 10-11 ABY the Imperial Losses would not be greater than that the republic would sieze control of at least 50% of the assests left, this I think would be again in the several 1000s of warships and thus have a fleet alone signifcantly larger than the "citizen fleet" and maybe at par with the actual sith fleet.

I can imagine the empire in the last year alone loosing "all" ships....
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to take ANY numbers of any kind in star wars lore with a big grain of salt (I feel like I just wrote this comment...) - as authors who are trying to write a story (or worse, retcon one) - are focused more on a story or justification than on anything logistically accurate.

This goes for everything from ship counts, crew counts to hyperspace travel times - they were not written by gamers who were trying to come up with consistent structures to recreate adventures in - often it was "what is a cool big number!" or such.

Quote:
What governement other than a purely evil and dark one, and one making Palpatine seem like the shining beacon of virtue and goodness, that decomissions several 1000s warships when a galaxy is unstable and still recovering from war with all the conflicts that entails, with criminals, warlords etc.....

None - see above - just bad writing.

Writer: "oh, we want the heroes to be underdogs, and fighting against overwhelming odds..."
actual sw fan: "um...where are their ships?" -
writer: "what? what ships? whatever - they lost them ...somehow"
actual sw fan: "um..all their fleets, etc. Even with just one cruiser per sector to keep an eye out for pirates, they would have tons of them..."
writer: "what is a sector? who cares, I want a scene where they are the underdogs..."

yeah, that is how writing goes sometimes.

Each campaign has to decide what is in and out for their game, or even how much. Do what makes sense for your game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: