The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Visions [Spoilers Allowed]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Star Wars Visions [Spoilers Allowed]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Visions [Spoilers Allowed] Reply with quote

Is anyone else watching this? I've caught the first three or four episodes, and so far I'm really loving most of the art styles. I feel like Disney approached these anime studios and said, "Yeah, none of it is canon, so just go nuts." Some of it is pretty out there, but I'm enjoying it.

https://www.disneyplus.com/series/star-wars-visions/5AiiTRJ7OaKg
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Star Wars Visions Reply with quote

My 12-year-old is going through them. I watched the first episode with him. I'm taking it that anime is an acquired taste? I've never acquired the taste. My son apparently hasn't either.

We just watched the first few videos of the anime-inspired Galaxy of Adventure (on the Star Wars Kids channel of YouTube). It just takes scenes from the films and makes exaggerated cartoons out of them while using film music, sound effects, and audio dialogue, as a gateway into SW. My son had never heard of their existence until just now, and he said, "What?! That's nuts. Little kids watching those before the live action films will find them boring in comparison" which was almost my exact sentiment when I watched the trailer years ago.

I actively dislike Galaxy of Adventure because I feel they ruin kids on the films. From what I gather, Visions is completely independent of the films. They are just original stories that don't effect the films at all. I wasn't into it, but Visions' existence doesn't seem to do any harm to fan appreciation of the films, so I have no issue with it. From social media it seems that Visions seems to be extremely popular among middle aged SW fans, so it is yet another thing I am jealous of those fans about.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say, having watched most of them, that they do a variety of different styles of anime... the first one was a fairly "dirty" style, more common in adult anime and manga (it reminded me specifically of Lone Wolf & Cub, Samurai Executioner, and Path of the Assassin), while others were a lot more the familiar anime styles... one reminded me specifically of AstroBoy, while the twins was a pretty standard epic hero anime.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone cares, Star Wars: Visions was nominated for an Emmy: Outstanding Short Form Animated Program.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Star Wars Visions [Spoilers Allowed] Reply with quote

Today, Disney+ and Lucasfilm announced that the second volume of the animated anthology series will premiere May 4, 2023
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SQUEE!
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Star Wars Visions [Spoilers Allowed] Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Today, Disney+ and Lucasfilm announced that the second volume of the animated anthology series will premiere May 4, 2023

The studios involved look really good - I'm looking forward to this one.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:45 pm    Post subject: Visions - Season 2 Reply with quote

Oops. I forgot about Visions dropping a Season 2 on May 4th. Has anyone seen any of it? Like it? Anything to share about it?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: