The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force User's Handbook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Force User's Handbook Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until just now, I had an old version of the pdf that was only(!) 117 pages or so. (I had downloaded it back in 2017.) Seeing the page count jump to 348 pages(!!!) tells me that you did an amazing amount of work on this, Forceally. No doubt that some tweaks and edits are forthcoming, but I await the final version with baited breath. Very Happy
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp, you're going to need to let out that baited breath and continue breathing. As long as they continue to release novels, comics, TV shows, cartoons, and movies, the possibility of new powers and new Force traditions exist. And I'll continue to gather them, research, create new powers and now new skills, and post updates accordingly.

Phase III is coming out in October. So there will be an update in July - three months ahead of Phase III release. Then another on Christmas.

Once you're done reading, can you give me your opinion on the questions I posted here on the threads?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is going to be continually updated? That's what I call a good problem!

I'll review this thread as soon as I can; I'll try to answer whatever questions I can. I'm not competent enough in the D6 rules to give playability or stats recommendations; the best I can do would be language/text/diction edits.

But I'll do what I can.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No edits or anything along those lines.

Stat recommendations - if you mean along the lines of converting stuff from FFG to d6, then you can read one question, but choose to ignore it.

The other questions deal with whether or not I should include something, change something, or how I should present something. The questions are on this page and the last post of the previous page.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Whill, can you post a link to the area on Facebook where people are complimenting my work?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6056506469/permalink/10158773767361470

You have to have a Facebook account and be a member of the group to see it. If you have an Fb account but aren't a member of the group, requesting membership is easy. There are just a few questions to answer.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a status update.

I came across some stubs for Force powers on the Wook, so I decided to deal with them first. I have 5 more to go, but one of them is tied in to a question I previously asked on these forums, so I consider it 4 to go. As for those 4, 2 are connected to that section I didn't get to add in the last update - the unique locations and individuals section. I think when I get done with these 4, I can get to that section next. I'll still be faced with the same problem with this section - just how detailed should I be about the locations? Just a brief summation of the planet? Like for example, Lothal was one of the worlds the Empire set their sights on for mining, and served as the site for Thrawn's TIE Defender program. It was also one of the main planets where the Specters operated in their campaign against the Empire. Will that be enough, or should I do a "planet gazeteer" approach before talking about the Jedi Temple, the Loth-wolves, their means of traveling, the portal to the World Between Worlds, and the World Between Worlds. If you want to know what I mean by "planet gazeteer" approach, look at the various WEG sourcebooks and adventure guides and see how they go about introducing new planets. Also look at the books like Operation: Elrood and see how the new planets were described and stated out. That may be more detailed than what would be sufficient for my work, but then again, look at what I did with the lightsabers and holocrons.

I also found what I was looking for in the Aphra comics. Or at least one of the things I was looking for. It was enough to warrant a new section. This section has been added to the file, and several powers that have already been listed in the work has been relocated to this new section.

So far, the page count has increased from 349 to 356.

Here are the questions and my request for help again:

First question - when I did the lightsaber crystals and the benefits from them, I combined the article that was here on the boards with a page on GameFaqs.com that listed from the KOTOR Player's Guide what benefits the crystals had, along with how the benefits changed when adding Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force. In doing this, did I make the benefits of these crystals unbalancing? Perhaps overpowering?

Request for help - I know there have been conversions of the ships listed in the FFG books. There haven't been any conversions of the crystals that were introduced in any of the FFG books. If anyone wishes to tackle them, please do and let me know what the results are.

Second question - Should I include the DarkStryder artifacts in the Ta-Ree spells section? There were only three of them - the mindwarping module, the flame module, and the lightning module. They weren't Force powers, but devices that mimicked them.

Third question - The RPGGamer.org site listed two fan-made Force skills and powers associated with them. I wanted to contact the people who came up with them, but they're terra incognito. While I considered them to be overpowered and unbalancing, I was inspired to create several Force powers, like maximize Force on another, and the two Force skills I created - Cosmic Sense and Vongsense. I asked this question before, but I never got an answer. So I'll ask again - should I keep stonepower as a Force power, or make it a Force skill instead. I'm inclined to make it a skill because from the Wook entry, it seems it's a skill that can only be used under certain circumstances. Basically, I don't think Yoda can use stonepower and the sense skill simultaneously any more than Jacen Solo can have use Vongsense and sense simultaneously. It has to be one or the other.

Anyone want to let me know how you felt about the new additions in this update? I'm especially interested in my take on how the Jedi and Sith became spirits, and the inclusion of the new Force skill Cosmic Sense and the new powers associated with them. And what about my take on Vongsense? If anyone wants to comment or possibly answer my questions, I'd appreciate it. That especially goes for the stonepower question.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Status update.

1 Force stubs still remain.

I'm still waiting for a response for my question about the Unique locations and individuals section, I'll be getting to one of them soon enough. Still waiting on how detailed I should be about the locations? Just a brief summation of the planet? Like for example, Lothal was one of the worlds the Empire set their sights on for mining, and served as the site for Thrawn's TIE Defender program. It was also one of the main planets where the Specters operated in their campaign against the Empire. Will that be enough, or should I do a "planet gazeteer" approach before talking about the Jedi Temple, the Loth-wolves, their means of traveling, the portal to the World Between Worlds, and the World Between Worlds. If you want to know what I mean by "planet gazeteer" approach, look at the various WEG sourcebooks and adventure guides and see how they go about introducing new planets. Also look at the books like Operation: Elrood and see how the new planets were described and stated out. That may be more detailed than what would be sufficient for my work, but then again, look at what I did with the lightsabers and holocrons. This section has 25 entries in it, and I completed 11 of them.

I added a new Force tradition section based on an episode of the Visions series.

Page count is now 358.

There are a lot of forthcoming books, comics, and games that could be sources for new information. Rather than doing the progress listing like I did last time, I'll list the sources and have the following statuses assigned to them: To be ordered, to be shipped, en route, received, processing, done - no contribution, or done - new information. As for Jedi: Survivor - I will wait until GameFaqs comes up with a guide and someone posts a walkthrough on YouTube.

As Phase III seems to be scheduled to begin in September, I will be posting an update in June, three months before Phase III begins. If the timing changes, I will change things accordingly. So the first list will comprise of sources that will be available before June.

Jedi: Battle Scars - to be shipped
Star Wars Hunters: Battle Arena - to be shipped
Jedi: Survivor - waiting
High Republic: Cataclysm - to be ordered
High Republic: Quest for Planet X - to be ordered
High Republic: Path of Vengeance - to be ordered
High Republic: Balance of the Force TPB - to be ordered
High Republic: Edge of Balance: Precendent TPB - to be ordered

The second list will comprise of sources that will be available between June and Christmas.

High Republic: The Blade TPB - to be ordered
Inquisitor: Rise of the Red Blade - to be ordered
High Republic: The Nameless Terror TPB - to be ordered
High Republic Adventures: Volume 1 - to be ordered
High Republic: Battle for the Force TPB - to be ordered

Here are the questions and my request for help again:

First question - when I did the lightsaber crystals and the benefits from them, I combined the article that was here on the boards with a page on GameFaqs.com that listed from the KOTOR Player's Guide what benefits the crystals had, along with how the benefits changed when adding Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force. In doing this, did I make the benefits of these crystals unbalancing? Perhaps overpowering?

Request for help - I know there have been conversions of the ships listed in the FFG books. There haven't been any conversions of the crystals that were introduced in any of the FFG books. If anyone wishes to tackle them, please do and let me know what the results are.

Second question - Should I include the DarkStryder artifacts in the Ta-Ree spells section? There were only three of them - the mindwarping module, the flame module, and the lightning module. They weren't Force powers, but devices that mimicked them.

Third question - The RPGGamer.org site listed two fan-made Force skills and powers associated with them. I wanted to contact the people who came up with them, but they're terra incognito. While I considered them to be overpowered and unbalancing, I was inspired to create several Force powers, like maximize Force on another, and the two Force skills I created - Cosmic Sense and Vongsense. I asked this question before, but I never got an answer. So I'll ask again - should I keep stonepower as a Force power, or make it a Force skill instead. I'm inclined to make it a skill because from the Wook entry, it seems it's a skill that can only be used under certain circumstances. Basically, I don't think Yoda can use stonepower and the sense skill simultaneously any more than Jacen Solo can have use Vongsense and sense simultaneously. It has to be one or the other.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Status update.

I completed the Unique Locations and Entities section and added it to the main work. Page count is now 375 or 376. The Table of Contents have spilled over to another page. So now I have to repaginate the entire work rather than starting somewhere in the middle. We need an emoticon of a face bashing itself into a wall, because that's how I feel about that prospect.

I've made my decisions on two of my previous questions. Stonepower is still a Force power, and I've added the DarkStryder artifacts to the Ta-Ree section.

Thanks to the Aphra comics and an old Hyperspace article, I've added a new section that I believe you'll find interesting.

I got Jedi: Battle Scars, Hunters: Battle Arena, High Republic: Cataclysm, and High Republic: Quest for Planet X. Haven't read them yet, but from what I saw on the Wook, there's nothing from the first two sources to add. I'll wait another week before making a decision about the latter two. As for Balance of the Force TPB, I referred to the Wook for the individual issues. I found it to be somewhat disappointing. Yes, they mentioned some new traditions, but that's it. Hardly any information about powers unique to them. Same thing with the Matukai and the Fallanassi. I did find an article on ScreenRant about one of these new traditions, so I did add another section for that tradition.

As Phase III seems to be scheduled to begin in September, I will be posting an update in June, three months before Phase III begins. If the timing changes, I will change things accordingly. So the first list will comprise of sources that will be available before June.

Jedi: Survivor - waiting
High Republic: Cataclysm - received and processing
High Republic: Quest for Planet X - received and processing
High Republic: Path of Vengeance - ordered
High Republic: Edge of Balance: Precendent TPB - ordered

The second list will comprise of sources that will be available between June and Christmas.

High Republic: The Blade TPB - to be ordered

Here's my remaining question and my request for help again:

Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Status update.

I was thinking of posting an update on Thursday, since it'll be May 4. But I saw the video gameplay of Jedi: Survivor on YouTube and started working on it. So the update is still scheduled for June.

But we still got a lot over this coming week coming out - Jedi: Survivor, the Young Jedi Adventures show, and the second season of Visions. I already have some things to add from Jedi: Survivor, and I'm expecting the same from the second season of Visions. As for the future, the reveal of the two "Jedi" with orange lightsabers in Ahsoka - a potential new Force tradition from the Unknown Regions? Something Thrawn created after studying the Jedi? Can't wait to see. I'm also salivating at the reports of a Dawn of the Jedi movie being planned. As for the "New Jedi Order" movies with Rey as Jedi Master - interested, but with some caution.

Got the Table of Contents sorted out. Page count is now 377. During the final week this month, need to go through my work and deal with proper spacing and so forth to get the Table of Contents and Appendix numbered properly.

I first thought Phase III was going to go back even further in history, occurring before Phase II. But now it seems Phase III will occur chronologically after Phase I. Maybe we'll see how the Jedi Order changed from how it was in Phase I and Phase II to how it was during the Prequel trilogy.

Status of research on sources available before June:

Jedi: Survivor - processing
Young Jedi Adventures - processed 0/9 sources
High Republic: Path of Vengeance - shipped, waiting to receive

Status of sources available between June and Christmas.

High Republic: Edge of Balance: Precendent TPB - ordered
High Republic: The Blade TPB - ordered
Young Jedi Adventures: 2 sources to be ordered
Ahsoka - to be viewed
From a Certain Point of View - Return of the Jedi (mainly for the story on how Anakin became a Force ghost) - to be ordered
High Republic Character Encyclopedia - to be ordered
High Republic: The Eye of Darkness - to be ordered
Tales of Light and Life - to be ordered

I'll ask my remaining question and my request for help again:

I'm also considering adding two new sections after posting the update in June. One will deal with the various animals that can use the Force, like the ysalamiri and vornskrs. The other will deal with the various artifacts associated with the Force. This will include Jedi and Sith artifacts, like the Jedi compass, the wayfinders, the Muur Talisman, and etc. I'd like your opinion on that before I start.

And this makes my 1,000th post in the forums.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Status update.

Like I said before, I was going to post an update on May 4, but I saw the video gameplay of Jedi: Survivor on YouTube. It wasn't a 100% walkthrough, so I decided to try and post an update on May 4. But getting the entry spacing sorted out and then updating the table of content was taking too long, so I was forced to cancel the plan for a May 4 update.

Anyway, here's the link to the update: The Force Compendium

Got nothing from the Young Jedi Adventures show and the second season of Visions. The Path of Vengeance provided no new powers or Force traditions, but it may provide info on something else. I'll get back to that later. I managed to find a complete walkthrough of the game on YouTube, and it's still being uploaded on YouTube. The videos are at the point where Cal defeated Rayvis and is heading back to Koboh. Does anyone else think the way Cal moves around in that teleportation tunnel Merrin created to escape the Trident drill on Jedha one of the coolest things you've ever seen? I can definitely say I've gotten a good deal of info from the game, and once I've seen all the videos, I'll be able to integrate them into my work.

And of course, we have the forthcoming shows and movies that I mentioned last time, though it'll be a while before the movies come out. Plenty of time to get the other research material out of the way.

Status of research on sources.

Jedi: Survivor - according to latest video, 72% of the game is complete. Will know how many tidbits of information to add to work after watching all the videos.
High Republic: Edge of Balance: Precedent TPB - ordered
High Republic: The Blade TPB - ordered
Inquisitor: Rise of the Red Blade - ordered
High Republic: The Nameless Terror TPB - ordered
High Republic: Battle for the Force TPB - ordered
Young Jedi Adventures: 1 source ordered, 1 source to be ordered
From a Certain Point of View - Return of the Jedi (mainly for the story on how Anakin became a Force ghost) - ordered
Ahsoka - to be viewed

I'll ask my remaining question and my request for help again:

Like I said in my previous post, I'm considering two new sections. One will deal with the various animals that can use the Force, like the ysalamiri and vornskrs. The other will deal with the various artifacts associated with the Force. This will include Jedi and Sith artifacts, like the Jedi compass, the Wayfinders, the Muur Talisman, and etc. I may be breaking up the artifacts section into two or more parts. I want to put the artifact section after the Hiolocron section. But should I put the Sith artifacts in their own section after the Sith Sorcery section? While that makes some sense, I put the Jedi holocrons and Sith holocrons together in one section. So what's your opinion on this? Also, where should I put the creatures section? That might come at the very end after all the Force traditions, but I'd like your opinions.

Oops, forgot to make this accessible for everyone who wants it. Just did that.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much of an update this month. I don't know if the set of Jedi: Survivor videos I'm watching is the same as the one I mentioned last month or not, but it's definitely a complete walkthrough. Still waiting for more videos, but they're at the point in the game where Rayvis is dead, and Cal's heading to face Dagan Gera. Need to see what's left in the videos, but I believe there are at most 5 new Force powers and one more Nightsister power left to be made. For the record, I've already made another 20 Force Powers and 3 Nightsister spells from these videos.

Once I'm finished with the videos, I'll be going over them again for information on Koboh, the Shattered Moon, Jedha, Tanalorr, and the various temples on those worlds. I'll probably going back over the Jedi: Fallen Order videos for info on the Zeffo Temples and add entries for Bogano and maybe Dathomir and Kashyyyk.

I've also been going through the Force traditions listed on the Wookiepedia. Want to see if there are any other Force traditions that I can add. Not a full section like the Baran Do, but at least enough to know how to play a member of these traditions like the Dagoyan Order.

Looking at the Wook, I don't believe Edge of Balance: Precendent TPB has anything to contribute.

Status of research on sources.

Jedi: Survivor - 82% of the game is complete in regards to Force powers, Nightsister spells, and lightsaber powers/techniques. Will watch again for info on the Temples.
Jedi: Fallen Order - Will need to watch again in regards to the Temples.
High Republic: The Blade TPB - shipped
Inquisitor: Rise of the Red Blade - ordered
High Republic: The Nameless Terror TPB - ordered
High Republic: Battle for the Force TPB - ordered
Young Jedi Adventures: 1 source ordered, 2 sources to be ordered
From a Certain Point of View - Return of the Jedi (mainly for the story on how Anakin became a Force ghost) - ordered
Ahsoka - to be viewed
High Republic Adventures: Volume 2 - to be ordered
Star Wars Vol. 6: Quests of the Force TPB (mainly for Issue #35 for information about the lightsabers, the bleeding and cleansing powers, and the apparent connection between the cleansing power and the Fallanassi) - to be ordered
High Republic: Escape from Valo - to be ordered

I'll ask my question and my request for help again:

I'll try to get started on the creature section once I've gone through the videos for the first time, and maybe the artifact section as well. I'm certain that the artifact section will be larger, but I believe many of the entries in these sections already have entries in the Wook, which will cut down on the time to create these sections.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's been a while since I posted here. Real life and being fixated on certain things kept me away and from doing more of what I would like for the next edition. I found that making a post 3 months in advance to a new major release, like the various phases of the High Republic, and then updating with new info for the Christmas release is too demanding at the moment. Thankfully, the various phases are over with, so I'll be back to doing an annual update unless something major is revealed.

In the polishing phase right now. And one major addition in this version are pictures. But now I've come across a problem. Nearly all the pictures are from the Wook, but I found that the Wook doesn't contain several pictures. Specifically, the Beastwarden, Mystic Agent, and Telepath which appeared in the Ultimate Alien Anthology. I don't have a hard-bound copy of the book.

Does anyone have these pictures? By that, I mean just the picture of the individual. No captions. None of the text that's on the page.
I would like them gone. Does anyone know how I might be able to edit the pictures so I can get what I want?
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@forceally Pinterest has a tone of star wars pictures, I am sure some of them include a beast of sorts for the beast master, the mystic agent and the telepath as well.
Just a suggestion
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
@forceally Pinterest has a tone of star wars pictures, I am sure some of them include a beast of sorts for the beast master, the mystic agent and the telepath as well.
Just a suggestion

I did a search, but I couldn't find what I wanted.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Specifically, the Beastwarden, Mystic Agent, and Telepath which appeared in the Ultimate Alien Anthology.

I believe I can come up with these three images on a white background, with no text. Give me a couple days.

You can shrink them to whatever size you need, right? Is .jpg ok?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: