The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Medical Updates
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Medical Updates Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay.. mom's back home. Got a hole in her stomach where they operated and removed the cist and puss.. Gotta spend the next few weeks packing the wound till it closes... Had to get her one of those walkers to help her move around the house though..
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Yay.. mom's back home. Got a hole in her stomach where they operated and removed the cist and puss.. Gotta spend the next few weeks packing the wound till it closes... Had to get her one of those walkers to help her move around the house though..

Not fun. I hope for her to have as much comfort as possible and a quick recovery.

My mom's ankle is a lot better and she no longer wears the boot around the house (only when going out). Unfortunately, the walker is probably going to be permanent for my mom, with back problems she already had before this fall.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's hoping my mom only needs to walker for a few more weeks... till her belly heals.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your mom better?

Unfortunately my mom lost her ability to walk with the walker and they had to do another spinal surgery on her a couple months ago. Although it seemed successful at first, she is still basically paralyzed. She can't move one leg at all and can barely move the other. She has been in medical facilities all this time.

Now for a bit of good news... I've had two different kidney operations on the same kidney since November 2020. I'm happy to report that the annual x-ray came back negative this time, so no surgery for me this go around.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about ailing mothers; i'll be wishing & praying for you & yours for recovery & best health!

Glad to hear you're doing better Whill!
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have issues, & i may rant & ramble at times.

i may have to have an unpleasant conversation with my mother in the near future; her 'furniture solution' to a chair she perceives as a problem, is itself a problem that contributes to my legs & feet swelling up like balloons.
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own health is not so good. I have been in the ER 3 times in as many weeks, and am in need of multiple surgeries in the immediate future. Getting these surgeries set up is proving problematic. I am not enthusiastic about outcomes either.

I am going to try to finish a few things before the first surgery. Sadly I have been and will be unable to clean up and share most of my D6 notes and Star Wars campaign notes as I had wanted because I can not locate the books containing them. Just some of so many things thrown into chaos and/or lost following my fathers death and my move.

I have not gotten much done in the last few days due to pain levels.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope the surgery's go well Kage..
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
My own health is not so good. I have been in the ER 3 times in as many weeks, and am in need of multiple surgeries in the immediate future. Getting these surgeries set up is proving problematic. I am not enthusiastic about outcomes either.

I am going to try to finish a few things before the first surgery. Sadly I have been and will be unable to clean up and share most of my D6 notes and Star Wars campaign notes as I had wanted because I can not locate the books containing them. Just some of so many things thrown into chaos and/or lost following my fathers death and my move.

I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers, that the surgeries will go well & you'll have a complete recovery.
Campaign notes can wait; take care of yourself.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be praying for you as well, KageRyu. Hoping everything goes well and that the pain goes away, too.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:

We're pulling for you. I pray for the best possible outcomes of all medical situations. Healing and comfort to you. Take care.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are not going well. I was essentially told when last in the ER about 3 weeks ago I was on borrowed time unless I get kidney surgery immediately. I have been trying to get said surgery for more than 10 years now while condition worsens. For many, many reasons I will not go into, I will not allow them to forcibly admit me for "emergency surgery" as I have not trust or faith in this hospital because of repeated abuses. Was supposed to have the surgery set up within a week through local Urology (who once before dropped the ball) who, again, have dropped the ball. Due to the ridiculous state of medical bureaucracy and red tape in Massachusetts I am without adequate medical care, without hope to rectify this situation, and have no one to turn to or complain to because frankly, no one cares. Basically, the attitude permeating all of the so called agencies to help people in exactly my position is that I should be willing to subject myself to abusive and unethical conduct and have my rights violated if I want medical care.

In short - I am not.

So, not sure how much longer I will be around. I will still try to contribute here and there as I can, but all of this has greatly enhanced the depression for which I was originally considered disabled, so motivation is lacking.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
Things are not going well. I was essentially told when last in the ER about 3 weeks ago I was on borrowed time unless I get kidney surgery immediately. I have been trying to get said surgery for more than 10 years now while condition worsens... So, not sure how much longer I will be around. I will still try to contribute here and there as I can, but all of this has greatly enhanced the depression for which I was originally considered disabled, so motivation is lacking.

I'm saddened by your plight and hope the kidney surgery can get lined up. We appreciate any contributions you can make but please don't worry about us. Take care of yourself any way you can. Please feel free to message me privately for any reason.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
KageRyu wrote:
Things are not going well. I was essentially told when last in the ER about 3 weeks ago I was on borrowed time unless I get kidney surgery immediately. I have been trying to get said surgery for more than 10 years now while condition worsens... So, not sure how much longer I will be around. I will still try to contribute here and there as I can, but all of this has greatly enhanced the depression for which I was originally considered disabled, so motivation is lacking.

I'm saddened by your plight and hope the kidney surgery can get lined up. We appreciate any contributions you can make but please don't worry about us. Take care of yourself any way you can.

+1.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: