The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Mandalorian [Spoilers Allowed]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> The Mandalorian [Spoilers Allowed] Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThrorII wrote:
Whill wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odnRRZKhNPk

Season 3 trailer

I'll be honest, after Book of Boba Fett and Obi-Wan Kenobi, I'm not excited about Mandolorian Season 3.

The stuff shown in the trailer looks cool, but I am not very excited about about s3 either.

Quote:
I feel that the entire arc of season 2 was crapped away with the final two episodes of BoBF. Working to get Grogu to a Jedi, only to have Luke Freaking Skywalker give him the 'pick me or your dad' choice, and Grogu immediately coming back, killed the weight of season 2's finally. Disney just couldn't let their little green money maker go, even if it served the plot.

I wish I could disagree with this, but I can't.

But I feel the show jumped the shark at the end of the first episode of s2. Bringing Boba Fett back was a mistake and tainted the integrity of this show, and s2 was a thinly disguised back door pilot for launching multiple shows set in this timeframe. Earlier in this thread I still looked forward to TM s3 because Boba Fett was successfully spun-off to his own show, and Grogu was now out of the way. Oops. They just undid all that by further intertwining the narratives of Mando and Boba, and sending Grogu back to Mando.

What's ironic is, the fact that Grogu went with Luke and got some training temporarily is actually the result of Lucas telling Favreau they need to show Grogu getting some Jedi training. It would seem that Lucas doesn't care for anyone demonstrating Jedi powers (other than increased reaction time, oops kinda luck, and feeling their brother's presence in the Force) without seeing a training sequence. So while Mando getting Grogu to Luke felt like the culmination of his arc with Grogu at the time, it was really all bs and really just to check the box on Lucas' training standard.

They could have instead just flashed back to Grogu's time in the Jedi temple under the Republic to show training sequences. But this would further open things to more scrutiny because it doesn't really make sense that Grogu doesn't talk yet. The Jedi never trained babies. They raised them to toddler stage, where children can talk, before even starting to train them. So we have this artificial, forced set of character traits to just literally have a "Baby Yoda," regardless if it doesn't actually make any sense.

But he sure is cute though, and the masses love him.

Sure, they could create some as-yet-unrevealed explanation showing that he could talk during the Republic but why he doesn't now, but I doubt they will bother.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

I don't. I have grown to hate him. Baby Groot too. It was cute briefly, but has overstayed it's welcome. I feel it is now just a cash cow to appeal to kids. If they need something cute in SW bring in Jaxor.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Jaxor?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CommanderFocs
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:19 pm    Post subject: Baby Characters Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
Whill wrote:

I don't. I have grown to hate him. Baby Groot too. It was cute briefly, but has overstayed it's welcome. I feel it is now just a cash cow to appeal to kids. If they need something cute in SW bring in Jaxor.

I personally never understood the appeal of Baby Groot. He just seems like Groot but smaller to me.

I don't mind Baby Yoda/Grogu though. Although the initial hype and energy has died down, I still enjoy watching Grogu waddle around.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Who is Jaxor?

Sorry, I meant Jaxxon. Green Rabbit from old Star Wars comics.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't find anything cute about this anthropomorphic green rabbit, but to each their own. I'm definitely going to use him as a comedic rival/antagonist some day though.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new trailer for The Mandalorian Season 3 will reported drop during half-time of the Cowboys-Buccaneers game tonight (that's NFL American Football). The game will start around 8:15 PM (eastern) and be aired on your local ABC.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I don't find anything cute about this anthropomorphic green rabbit, but to each their own. I'm definitely going to use him as a comedic rival/antagonist some day though.

Whill, if you do this, please find some way of recording it or at least take notes about it. I'm not at all enamored with the anthropomorphic green rabbit either and would love to see him get his proper comeuppance.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concept is that he will be annoying reoccurring rival who, sometimes comically, one-ups the PCs time and time again. I will delay the eventual comeuppance as long as possible so it will be that much sweeter.

I did something like this before in a campaign but the reoccurring antagonist was Dr. Evazan. IIRC, a PC had killed Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan wanted revenge. Dr. Evazan was a wanted man with several bounties on his head, by 12 planetary systems, the Empire, and the underworld. But he was down on his luck without his parter, forced to be transient and take odd jobs on various planets. So every few adventures, Dr Evazan would just happen to be working on the planet the adventure takes place on. It was quite entertaining.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:27 am    Post subject: Mando S3 Trailer Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
The new trailer for The Mandalorian Season 3 will reported drop during half-time of the Cowboys-Buccaneers game tonight (that's NFL American Football). The game will start around 8:15 PM (eastern) and be aired on your local ABC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znsa4Deavgg
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome! Cool
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
Looks awesome! Cool

+1.
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, they had purgill (from Rebels).
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see the episode, but I read an article on my smartphone about a new character that was introduced - a pirate leader. I looked at the picture of this individual. What did they do - base the guy's appearance after The Grinch?
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the episode overall was good, but there were moments that were quite campy.

The fight with the crocodile monster was really cool. Cool

I do get why some say that casual fans who didn't watch Book of Boba Fett might be a bit confused by a number of things (like why is Grogo back with Mando and where did he get this cool new ship?).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 30 of 33

Jump to: