The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Legacy of Collecting (My SW Stuff)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Commerce and Collections -> Legacy of Collecting (My SW Stuff)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:31 pm    Post subject: Legacy of Collecting (My SW Stuff) Reply with quote

I had wanted to wait to take some photos before posting anything of my collection, but that might still be a while (still looking for a good image host that supports hot linking). So instead I figured I would list some of what once was. That is Star Wars Toys I once had that have either been destroyed, lost, stolen, or sold (I have sold many things from my collections in the past 3 years and need to sell many more). When I say collections, let's be honest, I am mostly talking about toys I had growing up except for those post 1992 really (yes I still was buying action figures through high school and into college...I still play with legos now and then too).

Long, Long ago...
Kenner Series Toys (1978-1985)

• Action Display Stand (destroyed)
• X-Wing Fighter (destroyed)
• Millennium Falcon (sold)
• Tyderium Shuttle (Sold)
• Jawa Droid Factory (lost)
• Death Star Playset (sold)
• Rebel Snow Speeder (lost)
• Slave 1 (stolen)
• Turret/Probot Playset (lost)
• Tauntaun (lost)
• Imperial Attack Base (lost)
• Dagobah Playset (sold)
• Darth Vader's Star Destroyer (sold)
• Jabba the Hut Playset (sold)
• Jabba Dungeon Playset (eve 9d9 version, lost except for figures)
• ROTJ Ewok Village Playset (sold)
• Imperial Speeder Bike and Bikerscout (bought separately sold as set)
• Sidegunner (sold)
• One Man Sand Skimmer (sold)
• "The Force" Lightsaber - Green (sold)
• Security Scout (sold)

I would need to take appraisal of my surviving figures to make a list. I had almost all of the original figures, and most of the Droids/Ewoks line. Some were lost, damaged, or stolen, others I sold recently.

Current Collection (Vehicles/Large Creatures)
• Landspeeder
• Y-Wing
• Tie Fighter (white)
• Tie Fighter (grey)
• B-Wing
• Tie Interceptor
• Rebel Transport
• Rancor
• Wampa
• AT-AT (missing Guns)
• Scout Walker AT-ST (complete with beat up box)
• E-Web
• Radar Laser Cannons (2 maybe 3)
• Speeder Bike
• Twin Pod Cloud Car
• MLC-3 Mobile Laser Cannon

That is from memory. I am not intending to part with the vehicles listed above currently, though given the right incentives I might. I will post pictures when I get a chance to take some. Most of these are in excellent condition, though the MLC long ago lost it's dome, and recently the legs on the AT-AT started to show severe discoloration.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testing an image host called Postimage. They had a light TOS and offer hotlinking, so I will see how this works out.

Here is a shot of a small gathering of my 3.75" figure collection. This is a mixed batch I am preparing to offer off for sale. Has Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and other 70's-80's Icons.
I am using this image because it is one I happen to have handy on my HD of figures I own.

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! Thanks for posting this. You had a motherload of playsets and vehicles!

In the image I see Clash of the Titans, DC Comics, Star Trek TMP, and Battlestar Galactica.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Very cool! Thanks for posting this. You had a motherload of playsets and vehicles!

In the image I see Clash of the Titans, DC Comics, Star Trek TMP, and Battlestar Galactica.

Yup. I had a lot of toys growing up. Lots of 3.75" figures too: Micronauts, G.I. Joe, Chips, Mash, Dukes of Hazard, Dungeons and Dragons, Riders of the Styx, Crystar, Clash of the Titans, Black Hole, Battlestar Galactica, Pocket Super Heros, D.C. Super Powers, D.C. Super Friends, Marvel Secret Wars, Robotech, Sgt. Rock, A Team, Fisher Price Adventure People, Metal Men... so many more, and that's just the 3.75 figures. I was very lucky when it came to toys. Sadly a lot of them did not survive. Sadly I have been forced to sell off many too. Trying to sell the things I wont miss as much first but it's funny how once it's gone you often regret it. Star Wars, G.I. Joe, and Transformers were my biggest collections though... MTU was fourth but all of those except the castle vanished when I moved to Ohio.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
Whill wrote:

Yup. I had a lot of toys growing up. Lots of 3.75" figures too: Micronauts, G.I. Joe, Chips, Mash, Dukes of Hazard, Dungeons and Dragons, Riders of the Styx, Crystar, Clash of the Titans, Black Hole, Battlestar Galactica, Pocket Super Heros, D.C. Super Powers, D.C. Super Friends, Marvel Secret Wars, Robotech, Sgt. Rock, A Team, Fisher Price Adventure People, Metal Men... so many more, and that's just the 3.75 figures. I was very lucky when it came to toys. Sadly a lot of them did not survive. Sadly I have been forced to sell off many too. Trying to sell the things I wont miss as much first but it's funny how once it's gone you often regret it. Star Wars, G.I. Joe, and Transformers were my biggest collections though... MTU was fourth but all of those except the castle vanished when I moved to Ohio.

You have some very valuable figures in that pic.

I too was very lucky when it came to toys but time was a **** to them. Sold most to collectors (relatively recently) simply to ensure they had a good second chapter in life.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:

You have some very valuable figures in that pic.

I too was very lucky when it came to toys but time was a **** to them. Sold most to collectors (relatively recently) simply to ensure they had a good second chapter in life.

Sadly I am having to sell off a lot of my collections, and I don't have the time or patience to try to get top value. I am going through a broker. Though based on the few items I last sold on Ebay, I am still seeing about the same I was getting after Ebay and Paypal took their fees and surcharges.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Commerce and Collections All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: