The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

THE FORCE IS WITH ME!! I FOUND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG -> THE FORCE IS WITH ME!! I FOUND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT!! Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Narmer
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: THE FORCE IS WITH ME!! I FOUND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT!! Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Narmer wrote:
This is the first time I've read this story. Wow! Just...Wow!

I swear that is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me Force. Including the description of the odd feelings that compelled me to do something for no clear reason, which lead my to the book. Those intuitions have occurred on other occasions in my life, but they certainly do not happen to me every day. This appeared to be textbook Jungian descriptions of synchronicity.

The one that happens most often is the connection my wife and I seem to have. Things like, I will often look down at my cell phone to see if I missed any calls or texts (I keep the volume down very low due to my job). As soon as I confirm that I did not miss any calls or texts, my phone will suddenly ring and it is my wife calling. This started happening after my wife and I moved into together, before we even got married. It still happens and my son has often been a witness to it, amazing him. Sometimes when she is later than expected getting home, it just pops into my head to say to him, "Mom should be home soon" right before she walks in the door (when the furnace is running, and my son is playing video games or we are down in the basement, so I couldn't have possibly heard her coming). Sometimes I will just absentmindedly walk to the door and open it, to see her driving into the neighborhood. It seems uncanny to others, but those are more common experiences that happen to us about every week. We are quite used to it after all these years so it doesn't seem extraordinary to us anymore.

However, me just happening to find my copy of my book, over 100 miles away and 22 years later, that I just happen to notice out of the corner of my eye in the wrong place of a bookstore I had only gone to after a sequence of unexplainable feelings, is truly special!

I wasn't doubting your story, it's really amazing and very, very cool. I was just stunned by it.

And that's a nice connection to have with your wife, also.
Narmer
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
This honestly belongs on something like Ripley's Believe it or Not! Shocked

It does!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: THE FORCE IS WITH ME!! I FOUND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT!! Reply with quote

Narmer wrote:
I wasn't doubting your story, it's really amazing and very, very cool. I was just stunned by it.

Sure, but no way as stunned as I was. Over 100 miles away and 22 years later, the Force reunited me with my book.

Narmer wrote:
DougRed4 wrote:
This honestly belongs on something like Ripley's Believe it or Not! Shocked

It does!

If I had any documentation to back it up, it could be. I'll never forget the moment of opening that book to look inside the cover to see my name that I had printed with my mom's pen as a teenager. It happened, believe it or not!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: