The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Terminator Crossover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Terminator Crossover Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:

Though usually founf in various esoteric medicne and martial arts, we do have sever points on the huma body that when manipulated will make people fall immiately uncoscous, immiate parazysi of the limb etc etc, I would argue no matter how we twist and turn dice that it is fair to have bonus to damages, status, or otherwise effects, like temporary blinding etc, now I would argue that it is harder to consitantly target these points, be them exposed or even worse under armor and clothing.

However, I would argue that a shooter that knows the anatomy of the human target well enough would try to go for a shot at one of these points.
the one that comest to mind is the shot to the armpit and the like.

In melee I would argue that there is absultely a value to anatomy and it will make you much much deadlier, becuse where I who does not know anything about anatomy attack you and "randmly" hits, you, you can make one strike to one part of the body and the fight is over........some of those points can be used with armed melee, where knowing where to cut with the knife to most effectively dispatch the enemy is anatomy dependent, the sentry enven if attacked from behind and muffled by a hand, will fight back, the knife stab must not do one thing, but three things at onece, silence, imobilize and kill, all this depending on anatomy.

I know exatly where to cut you to imobilize you, where as others can imobilize you by brutr force, and luck.

so I would say the one that knows exatly where on the body to strik for the most effective kill/Stun/Status, is a deadlier warrier than one who don't, an knowing this is more than fighting, is anatomy.

I would disagree and I have already explained why both here and in other threads related to the function of Die Codes and skill levels in D6. Knowing where a vital point is and delivering a crippling strike to one are different in form and function. Just as having read a book on removing a Gall Bladder will not translate to allowing you to actually remove one unless already having skill and experience in surgery. In your games though, feel free to do as you wish. Shot grouping and aiming for head and heart are commonly taught shooting tactics but still require practice and experience to be useful in a non-target shooting environment, knowing why those are ideal targets from anatomical knowledge will not make your shooting more effective. In any event, skill dice in a non-combat skill should never be trade off for increased damage, its just not how the D6 rules were intended to work.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
Mamatried wrote:

Though usually founf in various esoteric medicne and martial arts, we do have sever points on the huma body that when manipulated will make people fall immiately uncoscous, immiate parazysi of the limb etc etc, I would argue no matter how we twist and turn dice that it is fair to have bonus to damages, status, or otherwise effects, like temporary blinding etc, now I would argue that it is harder to consitantly target these points, be them exposed or even worse under armor and clothing.

However, I would argue that a shooter that knows the anatomy of the human target well enough would try to go for a shot at one of these points.
the one that comest to mind is the shot to the armpit and the like.

In melee I would argue that there is absultely a value to anatomy and it will make you much much deadlier, becuse where I who does not know anything about anatomy attack you and "randmly" hits, you, you can make one strike to one part of the body and the fight is over........some of those points can be used with armed melee, where knowing where to cut with the knife to most effectively dispatch the enemy is anatomy dependent, the sentry enven if attacked from behind and muffled by a hand, will fight back, the knife stab must not do one thing, but three things at onece, silence, imobilize and kill, all this depending on anatomy.

I know exatly where to cut you to imobilize you, where as others can imobilize you by brutr force, and luck.

so I would say the one that knows exatly where on the body to strik for the most effective kill/Stun/Status, is a deadlier warrier than one who don't, an knowing this is more than fighting, is anatomy.

I would disagree and I have already explained why both here and in other threads related to the function of Die Codes and skill levels in D6. Knowing where a vital point is and delivering a crippling strike to one are different in form and function. Just as having read a book on removing a Gall Bladder will not translate to allowing you to actually remove one unless already having skill and experience in surgery. In your games though, feel free to do as you wish. Shot grouping and aiming for head and heart are commonly taught shooting tactics but still require practice and experience to be useful in a non-target shooting environment, knowing why those are ideal targets from anatomical knowledge will not make your shooting more effective. In any event, skill dice in a non-combat skill should never be trade off for increased damage, its just not how the D6 rules were intended to work.

the OP is about a crossover, so lets keep the rules a little vague in that context.

As to knowing or not knowing anatomy.

i know where to inflict the most pain, where to strike to instantly knock you out, how to take you down silently.
ALL commado, tier 2 and tier 1 special and special oeration forces learn this.

theu are not given a knif3e and thought to close and just stab, hoping for the best, becuse they MAT MISS the target points?

how is the fact that you may miss these points even relevant?

I know where to make the most effective strike on the body, I do not ever indicate or say this is automatc sucess , I say it is a roll and a result, the result like other skill may reduce the roll or increase the roll vale, this is called a bonus, they come usually in +1 and +2 these are called pip, and +1D and +12D etc for bonuse Dice.

You as I read this argue that when you do not need to know where to hit a person becuse you might miss that spot........wow how do you do combat in your coampaigns, how do you deal with a missed roll, does it beak your game completely?

The OP is about a trrminator crossover, we have this in star wars, GURI is one such "terminator" look at the stat for crying out loud.

what is NOT described or shown with GURI but is with t-800 is the inners, the visoon for the drpid POW.

I don't see T-800 looking down at the car, seeing how to use this , and having this ability becuse car operations were part of his database. same was other things.

as to anaotomy knowledge, in star wars we have this skill called alien species.........becuse I will asure you anaotomoy on a Gendai and a Hutt is far different then on a human.

Now how to add/substract and giv e "flawor" like bonues and penalties, well again lets look to counterparts, becuse there are.

There are plenty of oton there, and yes applying some echanical bous if neede dis there.,

but ti say that knoing where to hit is not relevant becuse you can miss is just dumb
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
...but ti say that knoing where to hit is not relevant becuse you can miss is just dumb

This is against the forum guidelines and will not be tolerated here.

Also, your posts are continually not being run through a spell checker as you said they would be.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mamatried,
I have not been disrespectful or insulting of you, yet you have with me now twice. As you have done many times you have tried to twist the words in my post to claim they say what they do not.
Quote:
the OP is about a crossover, so lets keep the rules a little vague in that context.

Adapting the D6 rules for the crossover is the heart of the question is it not? Or creating rules to translate the concept of the Terminator in to D6? That is what I am making suggestions on.
Quote:
theu are not given a knif3e and thought to close and just stab, hoping for the best, becuse they MAT MISS the target points?

The exact opposite of the points I was making, but nice try. In fact, my analogy of firearm training says the exact opposite of this.
Quote:

Already explained in detail both here and as I recall in another thread of your own creation regarding how skills work in D6 and what Die codes reflect.
Quote:
but ti say that knoing where to hit is not relevant becuse you can miss is just dumb

This is Not what I said at all and it is clear you not only missed my point but do not understand how the skills in D6 interact or what they represent.

You also point out the Alien Species skill being relevant, which I already mentioned in two separate posts and ways I think it should apply. I also directly referenced some official post SW WEG rules that could be used following successful skill rolls to know where to hit. Regardless, translating skill Die Code of skills such as Alien Species, First Aide, Medicine, etc... to bonus damage is a way to unbalance the system. It also opens a can of worms for abuse:
"Can't I use my Starship Repair skill to know where to hit the star destroyer to inflict more damage?"
"I can fix droids, so I should know where to inflict the most damage, can't I get bonus damage dice because my Droid Repair is so high?"
etc...

Applying or using this sort of mechanic to rules leads to ever escalating stat bloat to offset the bonus damage, then more bonus damage to hurt the now unhurtable creations, etc... I have seen this many times over the life of D6, especially back in the WEG forums. None of your arguments are new.
Additionally, regarding knowing where to hit, if you do indeed have the training you claim you should understand that just knowing where to hit is not the same as landing a hit when an opponent is moving, dodging, running, fighting back, etc... The more you limit the target of your strikes, the more difficult it is initially to land them in such circumstances. In real life regarding melee, how skilled your opponent is will be a direct factor, and this is represented in D6 rules by Die Codes and Difficulty numbers. This is why a damage bonus should be based on an increased difficulty to hit (as many other RPGs have and later D6 books have). The using medical knowledge aspect should be used as a skill check to insure that it is known where to hit first.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
@Mamatried,
I have not been disrespectful or insulting of you, yet you have with me now twice. As you have done many times you have tried to twist the words in my post to claim they say what they do not.
Quote:

Adapting the D6 rules for the crossover is the heart of the question is it not? Or creating rules to translate the concept of the Terminator in to D6? That is what I am making suggestions on.
Quote:

The exact opposite of the points I was making, but nice try. In fact, my analogy of firearm training says the exact opposite of this.
Quote:

Already explained in detail both here and as I recall in another thread of your own creation regarding how skills work in D6 and what Die codes reflect.
Quote:

This is Not what I said at all and it is clear you not only missed my point but do not understand how the skills in D6 interact or what they represent.

You also point out the Alien Species skill being relevant, which I already mentioned in two separate posts and ways I think it should apply. I also directly referenced some official post SW WEG rules that could be used following successful skill rolls to know where to hit. Regardless, translating skill Die Code of skills such as Alien Species, First Aide, Medicine, etc... to bonus damage is a way to unbalance the system. It also opens a can of worms for abuse:
"Can't I use my Starship Repair skill to know where to hit the star destroyer to inflict more damage?"
"I can fix droids, so I should know where to inflict the most damage, can't I get bonus damage dice because my Droid Repair is so high?"
etc...

Applying or using this sort of mechanic to rules leads to ever escalating stat bloat to offset the bonus damage, then more bonus damage to hurt the now unhurtable creations, etc... I have seen this many times over the life of D6, especially back in the WEG forums. None of your arguments are new.
Additionally, regarding knowing where to hit, if you do indeed have the training you claim you should understand that just knowing where to hit is not the same as landing a hit when an opponent is moving, dodging, running, fighting back, etc... The more you limit the target of your strikes, the more difficult it is initially to land them in such circumstances. In real life regarding melee, how skilled your opponent is will be a direct factor, and this is represented in D6 rules by Die Codes and Difficulty numbers. This is why a damage bonus should be based on an increased difficulty to hit (as many other RPGs have and later D6 books have). The using medical knowledge aspect should be used as a skill check to insure that it is known where to hit first.

I appologise for being rude this was not the intention.

My intetion with the spesific sub topic of relevance of anatomy and how I may have misunderstood, or you may have.

I seperate medical study of the body and a martial arts study of the body.

I am not a black blet, but I was thought pressure points and other spots to "TRY" to target when possible, and many of these are the calssical "chi points" and all that.

Now this is not the anatomical knowledge of how to even locate some organs, or how they interact and work, it is not medical.

it is MArtial, a boxer learns to both hit at body and head, and at certial places, be this places he sees a weakness during the fight, or places that is a general weakeness.

and I seperate the two forms of anatomical knowledge, now how to even adapt this to the ruleset is another question and we can all make suggestions, all being good ones.

However to say that becuse a skill is called the same in a medical sense it caan not be used to boost combat is a falacy when they fact is that it is in fact different skills sharing "sphere" if you will.

Aikido, a martial art with a focus on locks and throws and using the opponents power against him, in redirects.....well this requires anatomy, you havd to know what a joint does, what a lock of that joint does and when you do you are more effective than the one that do not.

As to the OP topic and the if you will "vulnerability" databse that would be "anatomony traning" is as you and others and I have stated easy to cover under alien species and the like.

My point and why I argued was that anatomu\y and the knowledge of this is part od combat, and if you do not know the body works and what is where you can not be as effective as when you do know.

so there is a dfference between first aid anatomy knowing where to apply presure, and the like and comabt anatomy where you know the nody's most vulnerable points.

how easy it to always targe these, it is not easy at all, but so is the rule for all other skills , you roll and succeed or fail....and this would imo be a hard roll
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
T-800

I can see different grades of droids being used, depending on their mission. The Terminator films hint at various Types and Models (the T2 Terminator describes himself as a T-800 Model 101, for example). My thinking is that many of the droids will have basic-level programming, enough to perform adequately in combat and the like, while the infiltrator models seen in the films would get the full up data package with a heuristic processor for improved independent operation capability.

Quote:
Durability

My only disagreement here is that I'm picturing a Terminator crossover as an Imperial experiment in droid troops, mainly occurring post-Endor, by an Imperial faction with a strong tech base, but lacking in manpower. Because of human prejudice against droids, the idea would be to keep the Terminator endoskeleton out of sight, either by a human-appearing disguise or by simply putting it in a suit of stormtrooper armor (likely with a lot of the electronics like MFTAS removed as a cost-saving measure), so that the armor provides both protection and disguise.

From there, having an AI mainframe as an ultra-Tactical Droid that usurps and eliminates its human creators as a SkyNet analog would be an interesting twist...

Quote:
Anatomy Training

I posted a house rule for my thoughts on this a while back, and will respond in greater detail in that thread.

Quote:
Camouflage

Some good concepts here. I think I'd want to brush up on how the RAW handles disguises and tailor any Disguise rules to fit that, then give a bonus to spotting the disguise to characters who have better nonvisual senses than humans. Wookiees, for example, have a stronger sense of smell than humans (see RotJ), and it's noted in SotE that Guri gave Chewbacca a weird/eerie feeling, even if he couldn't tell exactly what she was, and that with Guri being essentially a bio-construct with a droid brain.

There is mention in the first Terminator of the earlier model T-600s have plastic or rubber skin, making them easier to spot than the later T-800s, so varying levels of disguise is definitely a thing.

Quote:
There is no need the droid even be human, it could be camouflaged as any sentient species.

The only caveat here would be that the canon Terminators are designed to mimic a human skeleton, which facilitates the application of a human integumentary system as a disguise. I'd suggest that a Terminator designed to infiltrate a different species would have an endoskeleton shaped to mimic that species' skeletal structure, for the same reasons.

IIRC, this was actually part of the back story for the Trade Federation's B-1 Battle Droids, that the head was shaped to resemble the skull of a Neimoidian, mainly for the psychological effect.

Quote:
Ion Weapons

It's my understanding that organic tissue has a shielding effect against EMP, and any pulse strong enough to get through would cause physical damage, as well. My general thinking w/r/t this is to allow ion cannon to inflict both Ionization and Normal Damage, but with Normal at 2D below the listed Ionization Damage, to represent the sheer impact of a mass of ionized particles if nothing else. The cloned human integumentary system would, IMO, provide a counterbalancing defense against EMP or ionization (+2D is my initial thought).

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Quick Suggestion on the crossover.
All features found in the DROID STARS book in our library.
Some are slightly tweaked for concept but retains balance.
No Skills are added, becuse I feel the Ability Scores and features adds ip to
the allocated 2D for a droind character.

This is an attempt to have baked in the various aspects of combat protocols, and anatomy etc etc.

T-800 Combat Inflitration HRD

DEXTERITY 5D
KNOWLEDGE 2D
MECHANICAL 2D
PERCETION 4D
STRENGTH 5D
TECHNICAL 2D

-Highly modified AA-1 Verbo-brain
-Human bio-fibers
-Clone vat-grown skin
-Heuristic processor (the droid is able to learn by experience)
-Light armor (+2 to Strength to resist damage)
-FullSpec sensor package (passive: 25/0D, scan: 35/1D, search: 40/1D+2, focus: 3/2D+2)
-Emergency System Diagnosis & Self Repair Package, including infrared receptor, sonar, X-ray and spectrometer equipment (+2 to system diagnosis, +2 droid repair)
Special Abilities:
Human Replica: Human replica droids are designed to pass for humans in every aspect, including behavior and biology.
A Very Difficult sensors roll is needed to notice “something odd” about a human replica droid masquerading as a human.
Weapons Database: The T-800 has a detailed database containing specifics on most known personal weapons,
including blasters and other energy weapons, as well as melee, projectile and archaic weapons.
Backup Memory: A combination of backup battery and memory storage units allows
T-800 to retain certain information even through routine memory wipes.
Repair Advice: Although the T-800 can repair itself, it can also advise anyone attempting to fix it, using the combined actions rules.
Assassination Protocols: Assassination protocols grant T-800 an additional +2 bonus on
attack rolls and a +2 bonus to dodge and parry rolls when in combat against his target or targets.

Move: 12
Size: 2.0 meters tall

Note: did not add skills, spent 20/25D on attributes
I would rate the addons, and the special abilites to be worth the last 5D for a full 25D
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:

However to say that becuse a skill is called the same in a medical sense it caan not be used to boost combat is a falacy when they fact is that it is in fact different skills sharing "sphere" if you will.

Again, this is not what I said or am saying. What I am saying is regarding the method of trading Skill Die Code for damage die code. Clearly there is a breakdown in understanding, and in part it is due to lack of experience with the D6 rules.
Skill Die Code is not Damage Die Code and should never be traded for it, especially from non combat skills. This opens up unbalancing problems in the rules that will escalate. It is better to make a required skill check to first insure the right knowledge, then allow an aimed or called attack at higher difficulty with a damage bonus. What I am saying about the called shots is actual WEG official from the later D6 books (non-SW). This is also common practice in other RPGs (Champions, Mekton, DC Heros by Mayfair games, GURPS, Palladium, Cthulhu, Runequest, Elric, Pendragon, Ringworld, etc...) Many games have a Critical Hit rule that gives bonus damage for a good attack roll that D6 did not have, and in those systems it was often described as a lucky hit to a vital location. I had toyed with Critical Hits in D6 using the following formula (and keep in mind I use 1E for wound and damage scaling...everything is in multiples).

Critical Hits
If an attack roll exceeds the difficulty by 2x or more, then +1D to roled damage for each multiple of the difficulty (3x is +2D, 4x is +3D, etc...)
For less crunchy you could change it to a 6 on the wild die for an attack getting a Bonus Die for every consecutive 6 rolled.

*Both of these were tested in my D6 development group that ran 2005 through 2007 and both were well received and kept bonus damage rare but rewarding. I remember One specific instance using the Wild Die method where a lot of subsequent 6s were rolled and we added a note that Criticals should not be allowed to more than double the base weapon Die Code.

I would still recommend the called shot rules with a prerequisite skill roll first to know where to hit. I.e. after a successful Alien Species or First Aide roll of Easy or moderate difficulty may declare a called shot to a vital (+10 to difficulty +2D damage) or Critical (+15 to difficulty +3D damage) hit location. These aren't hard numbers, just my suggestion from memory (I believe the D6 books had 4 levels of called attacks from +1D to +4D and I can not remember the specific difficulty modifiers for them all offhand).

I am going to go peruse CRMcNeill's thread regarding damage bonuses too though, to keep an open mind.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

My only disagreement here is that I'm picturing a Terminator crossover as an Imperial experiment in droid troops, mainly occurring post-Endor, by an Imperial faction with a strong tech base, but lacking in manpower. Because of human prejudice against droids, the idea would be to keep the Terminator endoskeleton out of sight, either by a human-appearing disguise or by simply putting it in a suit of stormtrooper armor (likely with a lot of the electronics like MFTAS removed as a cost-saving measure), so that the armor provides both protection and disguise.

From there, having an AI mainframe as an ultra-Tactical Droid that usurps and eliminates its human creators as a SkyNet analog would be an interesting twist...

Quote:

The only caveat here would be that the canon Terminators are designed to mimic a human skeleton, which facilitates the application of a human integumentary system as a disguise. I'd suggest that a Terminator designed to infiltrate a different species would have an endoskeleton shaped to mimic that species' skeletal structure, for the same reasons.

IIRC, this was actually part of the back story for the Trade Federation's B-1 Battle Droids, that the head was shaped to resemble the skull of a Neimoidian, mainly for the psychological effect.

Interesting points and take on it, and I don't disagree about the needed difference for different species. I was going with a much broader take on SW Terminator Crossover and thought of how interesting it would be to learn that Mon Cal taking shots at you is not really a Mon Cal but an imposter. I could almost imagine ISB trying to use droid assassins disguised as specific sentients to help promote distrust and chaos. Imagine if the imperials were to capture and replace a mid to high level actor in the alliance with such a droid and it laid low and played along just to get closer to Mon Mothma or Admiral Akbar? So many possibilities.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
I could almost imagine ISB trying to use droid assassins disguised as specific sentients to help promote distrust and chaos. Imagine if the imperials were to capture and replace a mid to high level actor in the alliance with such a droid and it laid low and played along just to get closer to Mon Mothma or Admiral Akbar? So many possibilities.

That would be getting into something like the TS-300 that willg mentioned earlier. The T-800 series seemed more designed to blend into a general populace; their emotionless demeanor would almost certainly read as "off" to most people for anything beyond casual interaction.

Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
KageRyu wrote:
I could almost imagine ISB trying to use droid assassins disguised as specific sentients to help promote distrust and chaos. Imagine if the imperials were to capture and replace a mid to high level actor in the alliance with such a droid and it laid low and played along just to get closer to Mon Mothma or Admiral Akbar? So many possibilities.

That would be getting into something like the TS-300 that willg mentioned earlier. The T-800 series seemed more designed to blend into a general populace; their emotionless demeanor would almost certainly read as "off" to most people for anything beyond casual interaction.

I am getting a Starkiller and the force unleashed vibe from this.
I remember that Starkiller had a droid that sort of did this, it had the ability to mimic many different opponents, ranging form himself to vader and others, I am sure that such a droid program could also incluse species of similar brad shape, meaning humanoid, to inclused twi lek, mon cal and even quarrens, basically most with head, torso and limbs and within a general size range.

And again I belive we have all that we need for the T-800 of the movies fit into star wars, and I think if we use GURI and the Human Replic Droid as a start, then maybe remove the cone vatted skin in facor of a disguise system much like that starkiller droid.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps that could be the basis for a long running mission. Several mid-high level rebels WERE captured, and replaced by these dopplegangers, with instructions to get into place and sow chaos, AND THEN assassinate XYZ..

The pcs are recruited, as one OF those folks narrowly missed being killed BY said assassination, and the party is needed to figure out who it was, why, and where the real guy is..
Maybe even find out where those new infiltrators are being made at..
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
I am getting a Starkiller and the force unleashed vibe from this.
I remember that Starkiller had a droid that sort of did this, it had the ability to mimic many different opponents, ranging form himself to vader and others, I am sure that such a droid program could also incluse species of similar brad shape, meaning humanoid, to inclused twi lek, mon cal and even quarrens, basically most with head, torso and limbs and within a general size range.

And again I belive we have all that we need for the T-800 of the movies fit into star wars, and I think if we use GURI and the Human Replic Droid as a start, then maybe remove the cone vatted skin in facor of a disguise system much like that starkiller droid.

You forgot to spellcheck again.

PROXY's disguises were holograms, and Guri was almost entirely biological apart from a droid brain. Both were expensive one-offs, not mass-produced. While both concepts may work as stand-alones, they are not in the same spirit as a Terminator crossover.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Perhaps that could be the basis for a long running mission. Several mid-high level rebels WERE captured, and replaced by these dopplegangers, with instructions to get into place and sow chaos, AND THEN assassinate XYZ..

The pcs are recruited, as one OF those folks narrowly missed being killed BY said assassination, and the party is needed to figure out who it was, why, and where the real guy is..
Maybe even find out where those new infiltrators are being made at..

Exactly. A campaign setting allows for encounters with a plethora of different Terminator types, from endoskeletons in stormtrooper armor, the various HK types, varying degrees of Infiltrator models, and maybe finally an encounter with a SkyNet type AI who has usurped the leadership of an Imperial Remnant Faction, replacing all / most of the higher-ups with doppelgänger types. Lots of potential there for a multi-session campaign.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder, what skynet's (or an AI like that) Computer prog/repair and (A) computer engineering skill level would be!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: