The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

GAR Marines = Better EVO Troops?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> GAR Marines = Better EVO Troops?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject: GAR Marines = Better EVO Troops? Reply with quote

21st Nova Corps is the most famous GAR Marine unit.
reading about the unit capabilities it is stated that they have extensive traning in operating in various hostile environments, and the "marine" name indicates
both the classical "boarding operation" capabilities, making them perhaps even better trained than the "elite" EVO troopers of both the GAR and the later Empire.

I have also not seen any armor stats particular to the GAR Marines (21st)
with the Imperial Cold Assault Trooper being the closest mostly due to the face
"veil", however even seeing the armor without you have visible desig differences in the helmets cheek region, IMO additions to the armor adapted to the Marines operational verisitilty.

I also wonder about the general composition of a GAR corps, and I do not think they are so specialized that they have one trooper type, but rather the standard 16 regiments consisting of both combat and support elements, and even some fire and possible air support with repulsorlift vehicles.

So to me these other troopers, like the corps' scouts, drivers, pilots, etc are all somewhat EVO trained being part of the coprs that can operate in so many environments and with no comments that only some of the units can do this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: