The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rabbit walker?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Rabbit walker?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maximum7
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:53 am    Post subject: Rabbit walker? Reply with quote

I had a crazy dream about a strange vehicle in Star Wars. It was the in between the size of an AT-RT and an AT-ST. It kinda looked like a rabbit and it hopped from place to place. It intrigued me and I wonder; would a hopping walker be practical or is it ridiculous. Honest opinions.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Rabbit walker? Reply with quote

Maximum7 wrote:
I had a crazy dream about a strange vehicle in Star Wars. It was the in between the size of an AT-RT and an AT-ST. It kinda looked like a rabbit and it hopped from place to place. It intrigued me and I wonder; would a hopping walker be practical or is it ridiculous. Honest opinions.

Honestly, even filmic walkers are kinda ridiculous as is, so a "hopper" does seem absurd at my first attempt to imagine it. I love to see even a crude image of what you saw in your dream though.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, it’s possible; just give the walker enough repulsor assist to counter most of the weight, and probably a droid brain to handle the mechanics of jumping.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Rabbit walker? Reply with quote

Maximum7 wrote:

I absolutely love this idea. I have no idea how it would work or look, but its a big galaxy and there is no way you can have space monks, trillions of alien races, hyperspace, etc and NOT have hopping mechs. Please, stats something and some kinda picture. Even if just a stick figure drawing.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Maximum7
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Rabbit walker? Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Maximum7 wrote:

I absolutely love this idea. I have no idea how it would work or look, but its a big galaxy and there is no way you can have space monks, trillions of alien races, hyperspace, etc and NOT have hopping mechs. Please, stats something and some kinda picture. Even if just a stick figure drawing.

Thanks for the positive response! I will try and draw it.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this would be positive, but I do think it would be funny. Remember the Dark Forces: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast game? On Bespin, after you face your first Reborn, there's a gap you need to cross that's too wide even with Force jump. But there's an updraft that'll give you the added lift to cross the chasm. When you approach that location, ordinary enemies with blasters start firing at you. On occasions, they attempt to cross the chasm by jumping on the updraft to reach the platform you're on. Sometimes, I time it that I unleash a Force push just as they're coming down. It knocks them off their trajectory enough that they fall down the chasm instead of landing on the platform. I can imagine their reaction:

"I'm flying. I'M FLYING!!! I BELIEVE I CAN FLY-AAAHHH!!!"

I can imagine something like that happening to the pilot of the rabbit walker. The walker is making its way up the mountain. A Jedi times it so that when the rabbit walker is at the peak of its jump, the Jedi unleashes a Force push that knocks it backwards. The rabbit walker doesn't land right, and down the mountain it goes.

Pilot of the rabbit walker is counting the distance to the mountain peak as the walker jumps up the mountainside like Q-Bert does in the arcade game. "Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One." He gets pushed back while in mid-leap. "No, no, no, no, NO!" Lands wrong and starts falling down the mountain. Pilot starts cursing like Q-Bert after Q-Bert loses a life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: