The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Another Sabbatical
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Another Sabbatical Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
We'll keep the fires burning as long as I have something to do with it.

Keep up the good fight!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmanski wrote:
Whill wrote:
We'll keep the fires burning as long as I have something to do with it.

Keep up the good fight!

Duel
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am passing through. I have not been able to stop in as often as I would like, things are still very rough with no real sign of it improving soon. The situation with the pandemic has made the move I was undertaking, as well as clearing up my father's estate difficult to say the least. I am at a point where I need to sell some of my collectibles and such to make room so I can get things I want to use out of storage.

It is good to see the Rancorpit still here, and discussions still ongoing. I really do miss gaming, but fear I am now getting top old. I had hoped to at least have my D6 and BFG stuff out of storage by now and gaming again.

I liked Whill's April Fool's post, but couldn't figure out what was negative about Polyhedral? Just trying to get some Dark Side Points here... loved that idea (except the fines part, I have no money...I am so poor I can bounce a $20 bill).
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
I am passing through. I have not been able to stop in as often as I would like, things are still very rough with no real sign of it improving soon. The situation with the pandemic has made the move I was undertaking, as well as clearing up my father's estate difficult to say the least. I am at a point where I need to sell some of my collectibles and such to make room so I can get things I want to use out of storage.

It is good to see the Rancorpit still here, and discussions still ongoing. I really do miss gaming, but fear I am now getting top old. I had hoped to at least have my D6 and BFG stuff out of storage by now and gaming again.

I liked Whill's April Fool's post, but couldn't figure out what was negative about Polyhedral? Just trying to get some Dark Side Points here... loved that idea (except the fines part, I have no money...I am so poor I can bounce a $20 bill).

I still don't believe that there is such a thing as too old to have fun. Hang in there!
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:

LOL, polyhedral as in "polyhedral dice" — dice with multiple shapes, such as d4s, d8s, d10s, d12s, and d20s. What I sometimes call "D&D dice." All these heathen dice are inferior to our perfect chance cubes (d6s).

Cool
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
KageRyu wrote:

LOL, polyhedral as in "polyhedral dice" — dice with multiple shapes, such as d4s, d8s, d10s, d12s, and d20s. What I sometimes call "D&D dice." All these heathen dice are inferior to our perfect chance cubes (d6s).

Cool

Ok, I get it now.
While it is true that the D6 system overall is one of my favorites, I sometimes find areas it lacks that I enjoy. I did get my start, however, in Paladium's Robotech RPG and later various Heroes Unlimited and spinoffs (Ninjas and Superspies, TMNT and the supplements, and early Rifts) and yes even AD&D (1st and 2nd edition only). Every now and then I miss some of those...and every now and then I feel the urge to dust of my extensive AD&D library... then I stare at myself long and hard in the mirror, splash some cold water on my face, and call my sponsor.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. I make no secret of the fact that I am an old Star Wars D6 grognard. I have lots of other games but I don't hardly ever play them. If I ever run them or play as a player in them, they are one-shot adventures. I'm a Star Wars D6 GM through and through, and Star Wars doesn't need any other dice.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
LOL. I make no secret of the fact that I am an old Star Wars D6 grognard. I have lots of other games but I don't hardly ever play them. If I ever run them or play as a player in them, they are one-shot adventures. I'm a Star Wars D6 GM through and through, and Star Wars doesn't need any other dice.

I, too, have been playing D6 for a very long time myself (well, I haven't played in the last 14 years sadly), since around Mid 80's somewhere. I played something at a convention in New York. Still, being a huge fan of giant transforming robot mecha suit anime of the 80's, sometimes I just can't get that feel out of D6. I had been working on improved vehicle and mecha style rules inspired by Jovian Chronicles, but never saw it completed. Sadly the game I loved for this feel (not Jovian Chronicles - too much math there) went through 2 horrible edition changes from the version I loved...so that left D6.
The last campaign I ran was a home D6 Sci-Fi western loosely inspired by Firefly and an old cartoon called Galaxy Rangers. It ran from 2005 - 2008 and served as a test bed for rules I had been developing to publish under the D6 license.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to see you back, KageRyu!

I don't know if I ever mentioned this to you before, but one of my long-time friends (who was also part of all my gaming groups, including D6 SW) had a PC in our long-running supers game named Kageryu (she changed her name from Dai Oni after a change in super powers). So every time I see your avatar I think of my old buddy (who passed away around two years ago from cancer).
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear about your friends parting DougRed4. Shortly after I made that last post life got in the way again and I haven't been able to get online much. Things are not going well for me. I had to stop in here though and bring back fond memories of when I used to play SW.

Incidentally, I started going by KageRyu way back in the 90's on Battlenet when I played Starcraft. I was trying to teach myself Japanese, and have a love for Retro Sci-Fi Mecha and Space Battleships... I have also always loved Black/Shadow Dragons... so I pieced together Kage(Shadow) and Ryu(Dragon). I have used it in so many forums and sites, but sadly it is getting harder because there is now apparently a popular anime character with that name, and more and more people are taking it as a screen name.

It's been a long time since I played a Supers game. I am curious which rules set you used?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: