The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

So Who Has an Active SW D6 Game Going On Right Now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> So Who Has an Active SW D6 Game Going On Right Now? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antilles
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Bidlo wrote:
How does the Black Ice adventure translate to second edition? Any problems with it?

Well. For the moment I find no problems with adapting it to 2R&E. When an special skill should be used by enemies, I roll attribute.
I must say that we use a "simplified" version of skills (easier for my players). For example: we only use bureaucracy skill instead of using bureaucracy and law enforcement. (I know that they are different, but my players came originally from 1E, so we stay somewhere in the middle).

I don't know how the adaptation will work with space combat yet. When we get to that chapter I will let you know. Very Happy

garhkal wrote:

What are the die skills of that jedi, to have been able to successfully kick in receptive telepathy??

He has 4D in Sense and Control. He succeed in passing the difficulty that I found in "Tales of the Jedi Companion". (The characters are close friends and they were between the range of 100m). So I think I used the right difficulty...

Did I set the difficulty too low? Crying or Very sad
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antilles wrote:
I must say that we use a "simplified" version of skills (easier for my players). For example: we only use bureaucracy skill instead of using bureaucracy and law enforcement. (I know that they are different, but my players came originally from 1E, so we stay somewhere in the middle).

I combined those two skills for my game too.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Antilles
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

I combined those two skills for my game too.

Ah! Pure gold I see here!

I'm taking notes on your skill list. Very useful.

Very Happy

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one!
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dredwulf60 wrote:
Nope.
My group is in D&D mode at the moment.
A b@st@rd* hybrid of heavily house-ruled Shadowrun and Cyberpunk before that.
And Star Wars D6 before that.

But we'll rotate back around eventually.

Reading through this thread again, I notice a lot of people playing D&D (I'm a big fan of 5E myself).

Thought you might get a chuckle out of this (quite clever) entry for a game being run three times at Gary Con this year:

Crit Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (D&D 5e)
A long time ago in a kingdom far, far away....

It is a period of civil war. Rebel monsters, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Empire.

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal the secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, Death Star Castle, an armored fortress with enough power to destroy an entire dungeon.

Character sheets will be provided.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Bidlo wrote:
Has anyone run Starfall? It seems really cool. I am contemplating trying to run it from the Imperials' perspective with a jacked up Victory and limited troops, failing infrastructure, and time running out to try to capture the rebels aboard their ship.

Just in case you never saw it, here's a thread that tells some of what happened when I ran Starfall for my kids years ago.
Hellbent
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently started a game with a friend of mine, his son and my eldest. It’s been going pretty well so far! We’ve incorporated house rules found on this forum, and are toying with a few of our own. Good times!
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
Dr. Bidlo wrote:
Has anyone run Starfall? It seems really cool. I am contemplating trying to run it from the Imperials' perspective with a jacked up Victory and limited troops, failing infrastructure, and time running out to try to capture the rebels aboard their ship.

Just in case you never saw it, here's a thread that tells some of what happened when I ran Starfall for my kids years ago.

Thanks, I'll check this out.
Ten-20-Three
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am currently running campaign with team of 3 players using Let's Role.
We are playign homemade campaign. We did play in the past some number of original supplements but usually more as a source of inspiration than following it page by page.

If you are looking for a free platform to run your online sessions, check fan made version of WEG Star Wars on Let's Role. It follows 2ed. Revised with some small changes. It has not much automation but it is possible to introduce it using scripts. You can chat about it with the author (Lunart) but you will need to provide the scripts.
You will probably need to run sessions using some meeting tool like discord or google meet.

Link to Star Wars d6 - you can check the template there, it is available in 3 languages.
https://lets-role.com/system/star-wars-d6-6364
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Friday I began a new D6 Star Wars game with 3 players. We're doing the "Dawn of Defiance" game, but converted to D6.

So far so good with the players. One is new to RPGs, and she is playing a Curious Explorer. Another is playing a Twi'Lek Tech, and my buddy is playing a Sullustan Thief.

It's a very interesting collection of characters, and oddly the Curious Explorer is the "tank" of the group. But the "brains" of the group has thus far been the Thief.

It was a good first session, and we will be continuing the game on the 30th of this month.
Antilles
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Let us know how it goes.

Well... It has been a while, but my players have made it through the Imperial Research Base in Lotide. Now they are on the run with the speeders.
They had troubles with splitting the group in two. They always do this because they think it will be quicker, but then their characters get in troubles and need to find creative solutions for a priori easy problems. Laughing Laughing (Sometimes I wished I had not, as GM, to improvise so much times). But we are having a lot of fun. No doubt of it.

Last edited by Antilles on Sat May 21, 2022 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't, but my mum does with some of her work friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: