The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rogue Two?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Rogue Two?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject: Rogue Two? Reply with quote

So every year we have a small, local convention. It's usually pretty small (like 20 people), and for a number of years now we have just had it take place at my house (we've done other venues like game stores before). This year will be our 20th, and we discourage playing active campaigns (so that it is more friendly to those not in those games), and a few days ago it occurred to me that I could still do a fun d6 SW one-off game.

I decided to use the material from the fan-made Galaxy Guide 13: Rogue One, which gives me a ready-made six different PCs that people could play, and will run a sort-of 'What If' scenario: what would have happened had the main characters from the movie (SPOILER ALERT...)

not perished. Apparently, Gareth Edwards says that in the original script, the characters survived. So for my adventure, I'll have a mission that takes place right after, where they do some op for the Rebellion. I haven't decided yet what sort of adventure that will be, so feel free to throw out cool ideas for what you think would make a fun continuation of the story.

Last edited by DougRed4 on Thu May 05, 2022 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With how much destruction was going on, how could any HAVE survived? Plus weren't three of the main group already dead (Base, the pilot and Chirrut)??
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story could have gone differently, such that all six survived. The power of the pen is mightier than the sword. Cool
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An alternaitive is an "in the spirit of" basically even with the canon ending, some other rebels, maybe even a relitve of someone from the battle could take up the mantle and the name and become rouge two.
Ziz
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
An alternaitive is an "in the spirit of" basically even with the canon ending, some other rebels, maybe even a relitve of someone from the battle could take up the mantle and the name and become rouge two.

Seconded. No need to have them play the characters from the films. Just form a new team and have some NPC commander designate them Rogue Two -
posthumous tribute of the crew/mission in the film.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big reason for doing this is the chance to have fun playing the characters from the film.

GG13 already statted them out (with gorgeous artwork), so it saves me having to make any pregen characters for this game.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"What If" storylines do have precedent in the EU (see Star Wars Infinities), so I don't see anything particularly wrong with it.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a "Rogue-2" campaign, it's set during Ep-4.

the last ships to flee Scarif thought they picked up transmissions from the suffuse on Rebellion frequencies. a group including some of the survivors of Blue Squadron stole some X-Wings and hijacked a Bulk transport the Rebellion was trying to turn in to support carrier (it wasn't in any shape to make the battle) to go find out if their where any survivors and to rescue them if their was.

they called their operation "Rogue-2"
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Rogue Two? Reply with quote

The What If scenario sounds fun. Here is an actual game play podcast of a Rogue One sequel adventure. The GM was our very own cheshire. It has original rebels who get stuck on Scarif and try to find a way to escape, but it still may give you some ideas.

DougRed4 wrote:
...(SPOILER ALERT...)

That's very kind of you but there is no need for spoiler considerations for a movie that came out in 2016. I mean, if the Star Wars fans that hate Disney still watch every movie when it comes out, then all Star Wars fans have seen by now.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: