The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

[What NOT to do here]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> [What NOT to do here] Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the back up whill. I was trying to be polite to him, and even explained that what to YOU may seem obvious, but to others it may not, and thus asked for clarifications.. BUT it seemed he just got preturbed with me asking... Hope it doesn't put him off staying here. BUT if so.. Oh well.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Thanks for the back up whill. I was trying to be polite to him, and even explained that what to YOU may seem obvious, but to others it may not, and thus asked for clarifications.. BUT it seemed he just got preturbed with me asking...

You were completely polite with him. It wasn't you.

Quote:
Hope it doesn't put him off staying here. BUT if so.. Oh well.

Oh, he totally flamed out in a single thread and asked for his account to be deactivated. That's good enough for me to comply with his request and send him to the garbage masher. He is banned from returning because I don't want him to be able to do this again if he ever changes his mind in the future. He said that he respects the users here but he definitely had no respect for me and didn't bother to read the forum guidelines. If he had, he would have known that behavior is not gonna fly here.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why folks like that, think they can come on sites, and get away with that sort of broojah...
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It very well could be differences in cultural, familial, or cognitive norms or expectations... who knows. I reread the thread several times and don't know how it escalated so quickly. Sadly, interactions like this are becoming more commonplace.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, sorry to necropost - I just saw this thread while perusing house rules for ideas.

It is really a shame the OP responded so poorly to discussion and questions. The initial idea in the first post I think has some merit and would be well worth further exploration. I still use 1e rules with a few mods primarily for force use in my games (I feel it handled better and felt more organic to what I saw on screen in many ways) but this idea could be more effective with some additional experimentation and development.

Still, there are some clear confusing aspects that were not well explained despite claims to the contrary. There are aspects I do not like (the 1D above force attribute cap... I would likely change it so that up to this skill cost to improve is normal then that x2 cost without a teacher kicks in - because needing to increase the attribute to increase the skills is worse). Also, how do you place and improve those force powers using more than one force attribute? is it an either/or, or is it an all?

I may play around with it in my head and post results... especially as I have always felt the Force could have been handled better (especially lightsaber combat)
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing he also never mentioned, is if they are 'treated like advanced skills', what are their prerequisites if any?

Also, do they still suffer MAPS like normal skills do?
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
One thing he also never mentioned, is if they are 'treated like advanced skills', what are their prerequisites if any?

Also, do they still suffer MAPS like normal skills do?

I think I would not treat them like advanced skills, but regular skills under the governing force attribute. Yes, this means you would technically have all of the "skills" under each force attribute at the base level (which is how 1E did it and I still sort of do). I would keep Maps if using multiple force skills and other skills in combination, yes.

Perhaps, certain problematic skills that required two force attributes I might make as "Advanced" skills that required any of the previously listed required powers in 2E at a certain level before they could be learned?

The way I was handling the Force the last time I ran a D6 SW games was essentially as described in 1E. That is that a force user could describe any effect they wished to try to achieve that a given power was capable of and I would hand them a difficulty. This did sometimes get problematic as it relied on the imagination and memory of players and GM alike. To offset this I added a House Rule where a player could "master" a given power by spending nominal CP on it (I think I set it at 5) and would then write it on his sheet - all future attempts to use it were then 1 difficulty lower. This worked ok for the most part, but I still was not happy with it. I was never a huge fan of the limited force powers learned in 2e - but that's my preferences and not for everyone.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see using an attribute like that, for force powers, but i'd still have you LEARN powers (write the skill on your sheet), and so there wouldn't be a defaulting for unlearned powers, just using the attribute. IN GENERAL.
You could pop off a force point, to TRY an unlearned power..
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is relevant to ask, is a roll = an action. or can you take and action that requires multiple rolls.

As to a focepower like Lightsaber combat, which uses rolls for both sense and control, I have seen several ways to go about them, one is to make any power activation "one action" regardless of 2 or 3 rolls.

the second method and the one I personally favor is to have one roll, be this at the force attribute if used, or any of the the force skills used, and often the one you have the best chance in. then roll One time vs the "table average" of the skills dice.

so a jedi with 3D in both control and sense, rolls 1 time for the average of 3D ( can't remeber by heart what that is but should be about 11)
and the skill is actvivated.

on a roll where there are different difficulties for the various skills ( alter control sense) then the highest one is rolled against.

this too applies to the force powers needing a roll for all there skills, like affect mind or telekinetic kill.

here is either the highest average of the skills , or the roll is vs the highest difficulty given by the power, if these are differn for the skills.
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...
i hope he never gets into politics...
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: