The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

COVID/Pandemic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> COVID/Pandemic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I can't imagine the stress for those with younger kids right now, especially when some states/counties are pushing for all back to school, when most are not of age to be vaccinated.

Mine are 23 and almost 21, moved out, headstrong and independent, and neither wanted to move back in during the pandemic, the younger got fully vaccinated though, the older was more stubborn but finally is.

But the older is about as idiotic in his practices as the in-laws....

But anyway, here's hoping you and yours remain safe and healthy!
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyCaine wrote:
Yeah I can't imagine the stress for those with younger kids right now, especially when some states/counties are pushing for all back to school, when most are not of age to be vaccinated.

Mine are 23 and almost 21, moved out, headstrong and independent, and neither wanted to move back in during the pandemic, the younger got fully vaccinated though, the older was more stubborn but finally is.

But the older is about as idiotic in his practices as the in-laws....

But anyway, here's hoping you and yours remain safe and healthy!

Mine are 4 and 6, and in school. It is... not ideal. Tuesday morning, the younger had croup, which the older never did, so we were unfamiliar with it.

I tell you, waking up to her crying, with a horrid croak in her voice and a hacking cough, was stressful af in a pandemic of a respiratory disease.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! I hope she gets better soon!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Oh no! I hope she gets better soon!

She was fine by that afternoon. Just a scary morning.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A first cousin of my father-in-law died of complications from covid today. Before the pandemic, my wife and I normally only saw him once or twice a year, but he was a real nice guy.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son has been sick since Tuesday afternoon, when he had a runny nose and sneezing fits at school. At home he has had an off and on low grade temperature, so we kept him home from school the last two days. Today the school sent an email with a list of covid symptoms that if a child has to stay home for five days. This week my son has had three of the symptoms on the list: fatigue, headaches, and a sore throat (his temperature never quite got high enough to hit the threshold for "fever"). We can't get a hold of covid test so we are just going to keep him home from school tomorrow too, and that way when he returns to school on Monday he will have been out for five days. We are all vaccinated so it is possible we all have had covid and been largely asymptomatic. I did have some unusual sinus drainage Monday and Tuesday this week. I work from home, and this whole week my wife has worked from home. My wife went shopping for groceries this past weekend so we haven't gone anywhere this week.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess it's my turn with the Coof. Tested positive yesterday, and currently exhibiting most of the minor symptoms and a few of the less-common ones. No difficulty breathing or anything (beyond a cough and a slightly runny nose), and my mom is a nurse who regularly checks in on me, so things are going well at the moment. Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long; everyone else in my family has already had it months ago.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son was back to normal over the weekend. My wife gets pool tested at work weekly on Mondays except there were no tests last week. We heard yesterday that her pool all tested negative this week.

CRMcNeill wrote:
Well, I guess it's my turn with the Coof. Tested positive yesterday, and currently exhibiting most of the minor symptoms and a few of the less-common ones. No difficulty breathing or anything (beyond a cough and a slightly runny nose), and my mom is a nurse who regularly checks in on me, so things are going well at the moment. Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long; everyone else in my family has already had it months ago.

Hang in there, buddy. I hope you feel better soon.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's an experience I'd rather not go through again. The first week was deceptively mild, just flu/cold symptoms and sitting around chafing at quarantine restrictions. At about day five, it kicked into high gear, with a persistent cough, shortness of breath and loss of stamina from even the simplest of physical activities. My appetite was greatly reduced (down to 1/2 - 1/3 normal) and I couldn't even stomach coffee until today. Fortunately, I have two family members who are nurses who told me what to keep an eye on, as well as providing me with a Pulse-02 monitor and educating me as to what to look out for. If it had gotten any worse than it did, I probably would've gone to the hospital. However, today (Day 12) marks a turning point. I'm still weak and still have the cough, but both have reduced to the point where I actually felt normal enough that I was able to go out to breakfast and drink coffee.

So, in conclusion, COVID-19 is an awful product, 10/10 would not recommend.

Whill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forums were eerily quiet without you. I am glad to hear you are on the road to recovery now though!
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2022/s0328-covid-19-boosters.html

A couple weeks ago, the CDC approved a second covid booster shot for those 50 and over, and I qualify for that now so I got one tonight.

In other news, my mom came home from the hospital tonight. Thankfully her pain is less than when she came home from her back surgery a couple years ago. My step-dad and I had to make the bed and bedroom wheelchair-able and my shot-arm soreness is just now kicking in.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats and good health to your mom. My step-dad had foot surgery today, so he can't walk on that foot for ~3 weeks or so, which means the rest of us are going to have to step in ( Laughing ) and help out.

Whill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
My step-dad had foot surgery today, so he can't walk on that foot for ~3 weeks or so, which means the rest of us are going to have to step in ( Laughing ) and help out.

I see what you did there. I wish him comfort and healing too. My parents live in the next county, and we just got back from spending the whole day there.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son sits in the front row of his band class. The teacher doesn't wear a mask. My son wears a mask at school, but can't play the clarinet wearing a mask so doesn't wear it in that class.

Last Monday, my son's band teacher was at school. Monday night, she sent an email that she had tested positive for Covid and would be out the rest of the week.

This morning my son woke up feeling ill so stayed home from school. Tonight we tested him for Covid. The results were very boldly positive. According to protocol, he won't be able to go back to school until next week.

For the first time as far as we know, Covid has entered our household. Thankfully we are all vaccinated and boosted here. If my wife and/or I develop symptoms in the next week, we will test.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: