The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Avatars Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:33 am    Post subject: Avatars Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
You're doing a great job, Whill. And it sucks that so much of your time has to be devoted to dealing with this garbage.

I'll be watching your always changing avatar as a clue to monitor whether you've completely slipped over to the Dark side. Laughing

Thanks for your support, Doug. And funny that you mention changing avatars. In 2008 when I registered here, my original avatar was Emperor Palpatine on the left, the same player-facing image that I had on my GM screen in 1988. It was my destiny to use that avatar. Then in 2011, a discussion occurred where a forum user mentioned that he visualized other users as looking like their avatars, which may color how he reads their posts. I thought I should put on a more friendly face here so changed to Smiling Senator Palpatine on the right, which has been my primary avatar since. In my recent years, I have only temporally changed it to a few other avatars, but always back to the smiling senator.

ThrorII wrote:
I think it is both perfectly fine to have the extensive forum guidelines, and be an evil dictator to those who exploit loopholes.

Twisted Evil

Thanks for your support, Thror. My first choice is to be the friendly neighborhood supreme chancellor, but if people really deserve the Emperor, they'll get it.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject: Clear your Cache Reply with quote

This is a friendly reminder that, to have the best possible experience at the Rancor Pit, you should periodically go into your browser Settings and clear your Cache of images and files.

And for those who have not chosen an avatar, please add an avatar by going to Profile -> Show gallery -> Select category. The Mandalorian avatars are located in the _Other category, starting the fourth row down from the top.

Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
This is a friendly reminder that, to have the best possible experience at the Rancor Pit, you should periodically go into your browser Settings and clear your Cache of images and files.

And for those who have not chosen an avatar, please add an avatar by going to Profile -> Show gallery -> Select category. The Mandalorian avatars are located in the _Other category, starting the fourth row down from the top.

If you haven't chosen an avatar yet, please do! Also, we have some new Star Wars themed Emoticons, available for posts and PMs.

Thumbs Up Boba Hologram Sidious Ani Amidala Threepio Artoo Yoda Fett Thrawn Palpatine Vader Gungan Mon Cal Gonk Stormtrooper Trooper Helmet Hutt Twi'lek Gamorrean Rodian Tusken
Jawa Ithorian Duel Ewok Ewok with Spear Pilot AT-AT Pilot TIE Pilot TIE Smiley Star Destroyer Rolling AT-ST N-1 X-wing AT-AT Death Star Death Star Boom

To access the Star Wars emoticons when writing a post, click "View more emoticons" on the left of the post text window. It will pop up a new window, but clicking on one puts the code for it in the bottom of your open post text window. Like with PM notifications, your browser has to allow pop-up windows for this website to have this functionality.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject: Avatars Reply with quote

This is to announce that all users who don't have an avatar will have one selected for you. Of course, you can go to your profile and change it to one you like better at any time.

I'm not going to bother with the lurkers who just create accounts but never post anything. This is just for people who post without ever selecting an avatar.

And I know I am way behind on live-action avatars. I still need to add avatars for TBoBF, OWK, and Andor. Not sure when I'll get to it. Sorry!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the addition of those emoticons.. Palpatine
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Emoticons!
Can we use some in our sigs?

I have been thinking of making a gallery of my SW-themed avatars, as well as images i have considered for avatars...
also planning to search "Christmas Astromech" for festive droids that can be avatars...

i'm a gonna leave these here...

Dark Sam Sarvour
Dark Sam Sarvour

TX-1118_Assassin_Droid
Makezhcodex

Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.

Last edited by Inquisitor1138 on Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
Sweet Emoticons!

Sure, I'd be ok with a couple non-moving emoticons in your sig. I wouldn't want any bigger images in sigs than that.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:
Sweet Emoticons!

Sure, I'd be ok with a couple non-moving emoticons in your sig. I wouldn't want any bigger images in sigs than that.

Thanks, Whill!
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bigger than 750px, so i'll leave the link; i think it'll make a nice avatar!
https://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2019/01/c13e8b59c7763074f7483c5a4f26fdc7.jpg
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any Photoshop skillz, so I don't know how to make my own avatar, but I'd love a headshot pic of this image of Carth Onasi to serve as my avatar.

EDIT (Jan 15, 7:15pm): Thank you for my new avatar, Whill!

Last edited by Sutehp on Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I don't have any Photoshop skillz, so I don't know how to make my own avatar, but I'd love a headshot pic of this image of Carth Onasi to serve as my avatar.

https://rancorpit.com/forums/profile.php?mode=editprofile
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How hard would it be, to implement User Avatar Galleries as a drop-down list of all the avatars a User has uploaded/used? That is what the Vast Empire site does instead of loading a bunch of images.

Am i correct in presuming all Pit avatars are 100x100 pixels or less? As in 100x100 pixels is the cap for size?

Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
How hard would it be, to implement User Avatar Galleries as a drop-down list of all the avatars a User has uploaded/used?

It looks like it would be as easy as the flick of a switch. User avatar upload was intentionally disabled by the Pit's original admin in 2003, a few months after the forums were created. His announcement gave no reason and the thread was locked. I can think of a few possible reasons, which I don't want to go into.

I trust that it was disabled for a good reason, and I have uploaded tons of avatars from all 11 SW films and more. We don't have a lot of people wanting custom avatars, so it doesn't seem like a really important feature to risk re-enabling it. I'm sorry.

Quote:
Am i correct in presuming all Pit avatars are 100x100 pixels or less? As in 100x100 pixels is the cap for size?

You are correct, but there is no need to presume. That is explicitly stated in the first reply of the below thread. 100 pixels is the max in both dimensions.

Welcome to The Pit (Read This First!)

Under the original admin there was also an avatar file size limit (10 kb), but I stopped enforcing that sometime after I took over because internet speeds have improved since 2003. When the Pit as created, some people were still using dial-up.

Although, just like with my recent allowance of you putting emoticons in your signature, I would not want moving gifs as avatars. Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: