The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

D6 Stats for Fractalsponge Projects
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> D6 Stats for Fractalsponge Projects Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gigas-Class Combat Landing Barge

Images

The Gigas-Class is the Imperial Navy's primary medium-duty combat landing barge. While larger ships like the Y-85 Titan and Chi-Class Heavy Landing Craft are in service, the Gigas is just barely able to be carried and launched from an Imperator-Class Star Destroyer. While it has roughly the same cargo capacity as Incom's civilian X-23 Space Barge, the Gigas is larger and more heavily armed and armored, equipped with combat shields and multiple laser cannon that allow the barge to both defend itself and provide a degree of fire support during troop landings. When not in use in combat, the Gigas is also used as an intra-fleet transport, cross-decking supplies, passengers and other equipment between ships as needed.

Craft: Incom's Y-8 Gigas-Class
Type: Combat Landing Barge
Scale: Starship (+6D)
Length: 54 meters
Skill: Starship Piloting: Gigas-Class
Crew: 7 (3 @ +10) & 3 Gunners
Crew Skill:
Piloting 3D+2
Gunnery 3D
Transport Capacity:
-5,000 metric tons or...
-1,000 passengers or...
-1 AT-AT or similar vehicle or...
-Multiple smaller vehicles (depending on dimensions).
Consumables: 1 day
Maneuverability: 0D
Space: 2 (1D)
Atmosphere: 225; 650 kph
Hull: 5D
Shields: 2D
Sensors:
Passive 5/0D
Scan 10/1D
Search 15/2D
Weapons:
2 Dual Heavy Laser Cannon (Fire-linked)
Fire Arc: Front/Rear (one per round)
Scale: Walker (+8D)
Crew: 1
Skill: Starship Gunnery
Fire Control: 2D
Range:
--Space: 1-3/12/25
--Orbital: 2km-6km/24km/50km
--Atmosphere: 100m-300m/1.2km/2.5km
Damage: 6D
2 Dual Laser Cannon
Fire Arc: Front
Range:
Damage: 5D
1 Tractor Beam Projector
Fire Arc: Turret
Crew: 1 (Pilot or Co-Pilot)
Range:
--Space: 1-2/5/10
--Atmosphere: 100m-200m/500m/1km

House Rule Notes:
    COMMAND DIFFICULTY MODIFIER: +1
    SHIELD & SHIELD CONTROL: 2D @ 2D
    VELOCITY MODIFIER: 0D+2 Flight

NOTE: I'm aware that this ship is officially the Theta-Class, but it's my take that the Greek Alphabet designations are reserved for hyperspace-capable ships like Lambdas and the Thetas from RotS. I had originally decided to call it the Atlas-Class, but Whill's alternate suggestion below got my mind looking in other directions, and I settled on the Gigas (singular for Gigantes), the Giants of Greek mythology. There were sufficient themes that I found appropriate for a combat landing barge that it seemed a good fit, so Gigas-Class it is.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
NOTE: I'm aware that this ship is officially the Theta-Class, but it's my take that the Greek Alphabet designations are reserved for hyperspace-capable ships like Lambdas and the Thetas from RotS. As such, since this ship is basically a smaller cousin on the Y-85 Titan Landing Barge (which also does not have a hyperdrive), I decided to co-opt another name from Greek mythology and call this platform the Atlas-Class. YMMV.

Instead of the titan Atlas, how about Theia-class? Theia is also a titan, and that name is literally only one letter off from theta so it includes a strong vestige of the canon name for this ship. Plus, this ship is a drop barge and Theia is the name of the planet that "dropped" to proto-Earth in the early solar system.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice imagery there, but after some quick research, I'm wondering if Gigantes would be a more apt choice. In Greek mythology, the Giants (Gigantes) were created when the blood of Uranus fell to earth, creating creatures who resembled Titans (in much the same way that the Theta and Titan have very similar design, but are quite different in size), but were their own separate race. And while Theia would be an apt choice if the ship were named after the planet, Theia the goddess was the goddess of sight, which isn't particularly on point. The Gigantes, on the other hand, were known for the strength and aggression, and were said to have been imprisoned in volcanos, thus being the cause of volcanic eruptions. That sounds much more martial in nature than Theia...

EDIT: Actually, per Wikipedia, the singular for Gigantes would be Gigas, which is less of a mouthful.

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, since Theta is the eighth letter of the Greek alphabet, it would be a subtle homage to call it the Y-8 Gigas, which is more in keeping with other Incom landing craft like the Y-4 Raptor and the Y-85 Titan.

EDIT: Name changed to the Y-8 Gigas-Class Combat Landing Barge.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
As an added bonus, he included a glimpse of an early Imperial in Republic stripes.

Actually, I spoke too soon here. What I thought was an early Imperial is actually Fractal's Tector-Class, which has very similar lines to the Imperator but is optimized as a big-gun ship, sacrificing most of its hangar capacity to move the reactor fully under the outer hull for better protection in a gunnery duel.

Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Also, since Theta is the eighth letter of the Greek alphabet, it would be a subtle homage to call it the Y-8 Gigas, which is more in keeping with other Incom landing craft like the Y-4 Raptor and the Y-85 Titan.

EDIT: Name changed to the Y-8 Gigas-Class Combat Landing Barge.

I like that. And glad I could help in a small way.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I like that. And glad I could help in a small way.

You certainly provided the initial impetus. Thank you.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've steered clear of Fractal's version of the Victory Star Destroyer for a while because I couldn't really fit it into my headcanon for the Victory I & II as delineated by WEG. Fractal's version is very obviously a heavy warhead launch platform, but the size of the tubes places a limit on the capacity of its magazines. A launch platform of this size could function well as an anti-ship platform, but that sort of mission generally requires the speed to close with / keep up with enemy capital ships in a battle of maneuver, and the missile-armed Victory I is slower than pretty much any ship it's likely to face.

In addition, the EU version of the Victory I is pretty heavily slanted toward planetary attack / bombard; the SW: Rebellion variant has a higher Bombardment rating than the Super Star Destroyer. I'm not sure I agree with that, but the concept of the Victory I being a relatively slow platform optimized to put a heavy battalion on the ground and provide them with fire support is well established.

The faster Victory II is a better candidate, and is explicitly more space superiority oriented, but its armament is more energy cannon oriented. I've actually taken the step of reducing the Victory II's troop complement so that it can carry a full fighter wing of six squadrons, which is better suited to the space superiority role the ship is supposed to play. However, while it does check some of the boxes, it's even less of a fit for Fractal's missile heavy variant.

What I have in mind is to retire my home-brewed Victory III Star Carrier (the Venator does everything my Victory III does, except better) and make a new Victory III that's combines the most appropriate features of the Victory I and II that make a good space superiority missile platform. In general, I'm thinking the Victory II's speed and troop capacity, but with only two squadrons of fighters for defense and no ion cannon. In their place, it'll have a massive battery of heavy missile tubes (40 to a side). The main weakness there is that it won't have much available in the way of reloads, so it won't be as useful in a sustained battle.

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just modified the Chariot Command Speeder in line with Fractal's version. There are now two versions: a light APC with a dorsal blaster and room for a squad of troops, and the command version as seen in the ImpSB.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed recently that a lot of Fractal's TIE models go a slightly different route insofar as missile / torpedo launch tubes. Rather than going with multi-round internal launchers (as is commonly found on most Rebel fighters), Fractal goes with single-shot missile tubes mounted semi-externally. I'm not sure that's the route I want to go for everything (the X-Wing games are pretty specific about the Avenger and Defender having multi-shot internal launchers), but I figured I'd at least put the option out there for GMs who want to make their "standard" TIEs and Interceptors a bit tougher.

TIE Ordnance Launcher (Upgrade)

The TIE Ordnance Launcher is an optional upgrade that can be applied to any 2nd-generation standard TIE model (seen here on a TIE Interceptor). The modification rearranges the components inside the standard TIE wing roots to make room for a pair of single-shot ordnance tubes, able to fire all types of standard or light ordnance. This option may be selected during the TIE's construction or in a subsequent factory upgrade, and has greatly enhanced the superiority and strike capability of the TIE models to which it is equipped. While it does slightly degrade maneuverability, the addition of guided ordnance more than makes up for it. To aid in this, the Ordnance variant is also equipped with a droid copilot module to assist the pilot with targeting and other duties. This modification has proved so successful that it was integrated into later generation TIE models such as the Avenger, Defender and Hunter.

Model: TIE Ordnance Launcher Variant.
Crew: As Base Model, plus one Imperial Copilot Droid
Cost (Availability): 10% of base TIE model
Maneuverability: -1
Weapons:
4 Warhead Launch Tubes (Fire-Linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Fire Control: 3D
All Other Stats vary by Weapon Type
Capacity: 1 per Launcher. May select any Weapons from this list, depending on Availability.

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Sun May 14, 2023 11:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victory III-Class Light Star Destroyer

Images

The Victory III is a less common variant of the Victory family. Based on the Victory II's hull, it sacrifices the II's carrying capacity and endurance in favor of massive port and starboard arrays of warhead launchers, which are its primary weapons. However, this awesome striking power comes at a cost, as the Victory III can only manage a handful of salvoes before its magazines are exhausted. Thus, the ship is much more closely tied to its supporting ordnance tenders, and is less capable of long-term independent operations than its older siblings.

Additionally, the warhead launchers themselves have proven vulnerable to attack. While the array of launchers is normally concealed by a pair of clamshell armor panels, these panels must be opened in order to launch ordnance, and are in turn vulnerable to attack. More than one Victory III has been lost to a single turbolaser strike that caused catastrophic damage when multiple missiles cascade-detonated while still in their launch tubes.

Some Victory III's have found their way into the hands of the Alliance, but are mostly held in reserve as the Alliance is unable to keep up production or acquisition of sufficient heavy ordnance to sustain a Victory III's normal operating tempo.

Craft: Rendili Star Drive's Victory III-Class
Type: Assault Star Destroyer
Scale: Destroyer (+12D)
Length: 900 meters
Skill: Capital Ship Piloting: Victory III
Crew: 5,881 (2,100 @ +10) & 430 Gunners
Crew Skill:
Astrogation 3D+2
Gunnery 4D+2
Piloting 5D
Shields 4D
Sensors 3D+2
Passengers: 900 (troops, generally a Stormtrooper Battalion configured for boarding and counter-boarding operations)
Small Craft Complement:
--24 Starfighters (2 Squadrons)
--Assorted Shuttles and Utility Craft
Cargo Capacity: 4,000 metric tons
Consumables: 2 years
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1
Hyperdrive Backup: x15
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 2D
Space: 6 (3D)
Atmosphere: 330; 950 kph
Hull: 4D+1
Shields: 3D
Sensors:
Passive 40/1D
Scan 70/2D
Search 150/3D
Focus 4/3D+2
Weapons:
10 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries (Fire Separately)
Fire Arc: 2 Front, 4 Left, 4 Right
Crew: 5
Skill: Capital Ship Gunnery
Fire Control: 1D
Range:
--Space: 3-15/35/75
--Orbital: 6km-30km/70km/150km
--Atmosphere: 300m-1.5km/3.5km/7.5km
Rate of Fire: 1/2
Damage: 7D
40 Turbolaser Batteries (Fire Separately)
Fire Arc: 10 Front, 10 Left, 10 Right, 10 Rear
Scale: Frigate (+10D)
Crew: 2
Range:
--Space: 2-10/25/50
--Orbital: 4km-20km/50km/100km
--Atmosphere: 200m-1km/2.5km/5km
Rate of Fire: 1
Damage: 6D
80 Heavy Warhead Launchers
Fire Arc: 40 Left, 40 Right
Crew: 3
Range:
--Space: 2-12/30/60
--Orbital: 4km-24km/60km/120km
--Atmosphere: 200m-1.2km/3km/6km
Rate of Fire: 1/3
Damage: 8D
Note: The Warhead Launcher Arrays are normally protected by clamshell armor panels that must be opened before any warheads can be launched. The panels take two rounds to open or close, and while open, the ship's Hull is reduced to 3D when resisting attacks from the left or right fire arcs.
20 Point Defense Cannon (Fire Separately)
Fire Arc: 5 Front, 5 Left, 5 Right, 5 Rear
Scale: Starship (+6D)
CANNON TYPES (Ships may have one or the other, or a mix of the two):
    Laser Cannon
    Range:
    Damage: 4D

Dual Blaster Cannon
    Range:
    --Space: 1-5/10/17
    --Atmosphere: 100m-500m/1km/1.7km
    Rate of Fire: 2D Auto-Fire
    Damage: 4D
10 Tractor Beam Projectors
Fire Arc: 4 Front, 3 Left, 3 Right
Scale: Special*
Crew: 4
Range:
--Space: 1-5/15/30
--Orbital: 2km-10km/30km/60km
--Atmosphere: 100m-500m/1.5km/3km
Rate of Fire: 1 (Full Round)
*May switch between Destroyer (+12D), Frigate (+10D) and Starship (+6D). Switch takes one round, during which the projector can not be used.

House Rule Notes:
    COMMAND DIFFICULTY MODIFIER: +13
    SHIELD & SHIELD CONTROL: 3D @ 2D
    VELOCITY MODIFIER: 1D+2 Flight
    BATTERY DICE:
      Heavy Turbolaser Batteries: 1D Front, 2D Left, 2D Right
      Turbolaser Batteries: 3D Front, 3D Left, 3D Right, 3D Rear
      Heavy Missile Launchers: 5D Left, 5D Right
      Point Defense Cannon: 2D+1 Front, 2D+1 Left, 2D+1 Right, 2D+1 Rear
      Tractor Beam Projectors: 2D Front, 1D Left, 1D Right

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should the Victory II hold six TIE squadrons, the same as an ISD? I'm thinking maybe only five.

When do you see the Victory III coming out? About 10 BBY? Ish?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Should the Victory II hold six TIE squadrons, the same as an ISD? I'm thinking maybe only five.

It has less than 10% of the troop capacity of an ISD, which leaves a lot of open space. Since it's a dedicated space superiority platform (the troops are mainly for space ops and counter-boarding), giving it a full standard TIE wing is appropriate.

Quote:
When do you see the Victory III coming out? About 10 BBY? Ish?

That's... reasonablish. It could be either an outgrowth of the Victory II or developed alongside it.

Insofar as mission profiles for the Victory Series, I see it as follows:
    Victory I: Invasion spearhead against lightly defended targets, orbital fire support and QRF base in support of deployed Imperial Army units.

Victory II: Dedicated space superiority, full TIE Wing and light stormtrooper battalion (no heavy vehicles) used primarily for boarding and (in emergencies) raids on lightly defended planetary targets.

Victory III: Capital ship killer, uses its speed to get in range then hit a target with a massive barrage of warheads. Can take down much heavier warships, but does so at the cost of staying power (low consumables and magazine capacity) and is thus more closely tied to the fleet, and less common on independent operations than the other two.

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fractal just posted his version of the Sentinel Landing Craft. I've already done stats for it elsewhere, but my God, the man has the golden touch when it comes to making Star Wars ships look sexier.

Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about sexier, but top quality without a doubt.

Is he employed by one of the big computer game producers? If he is, then he's got to be receiving a raise or a bonus each year. If he's not, then that's a mistake on a galactic scale.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 19 of 25

Jump to: