The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

System Defense Monitor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> System Defense Monitor Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject: More Monitor, the Merrier! Reply with quote

I like all these designs!
So much so, i am conceiving stories & stats for each, as well as two designs for dedicated carriers for the express purpose of transporting system defense ships. One a Rendili box/brick, the other a KSE wedge.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use the stock Quasar Fire bulk carrier; basically the same ship, minus the hangars. Assuming the carrier conversion involves adding landing bays to the front of the engine section, there's more than enough room between the bridge pod and the drive section to fit multiple Defense Monitors in between.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
I just use the stock Quasar Fire bulk carrier; basically the same ship, minus the hangars. Assuming the carrier conversion involves adding landing bays to the front of the engine section, there's more than enough room between the bridge pod and the drive section to fit multiple Defense Monitors in between.

Again, my friend, you're not wrong! That is a tempting idea; i can see it carrying 2-3 at a time, easy! Maybe more... it'll be a fun math exercise!

I have a couple ideas i'm running (flying?) with; both Star Destroyer-sized at ≈1,500 meters long.
Rendili's visually based on the Sulon Star, and an arrow/wedge derived from the Secutor. That last one i'm thinking is a rare KSE/KDY bird.
I'm thinking maybe a few turbolasers & some point-defense lasers, they're not front-line combat vessels but they carry valuable cargo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: