The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Open D6 - a bundle of questions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Open D6 - a bundle of questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthMetal
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Open D6 - a bundle of questions Reply with quote

As I really love WEG's Star Wars RPG (to me the system is timeless and still modern to this day), my interest was drawn towards the generic Open D6 version.

There are a couple of mechanics from SW D6 I miss as options in Open D6. Maybe you could point it out where to find them (apart from SW books):

1. I love how SW handles combat rounds with alternating actions rather than doing all actions at once if it's your turn.

2. I prefer dodge/parry/block to be reactions instead of actions you have to declare on your turn. Mini Six for instance calls this reflexive dodge the traditional Open D6 Combat. But I didn't find it neither in D6 Space, D6 Adventure nor D6 Fantasy as an option.

If they are not part of Open D6, would they break the game somehow if taken directly from Star Wars D6?

You can also try to sell me on how Open D6 handles both points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: