The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Grappling
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Grappling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject: Grappling Reply with quote

As I'm prepping for my game in less than two weeks, I'm throwing a krakana against the party, who will be in a Mon Cala Submersible. I'm using the krakana as shown there on the D6 Holocron, though I added the Swimming skill to the beast.

This creature's Special Ability is that it can draw its victim into it's mouth on the following turn, if more than 3 tentacles hit. I'm not sure how to even have this happen, as the monster would have a serious MAP if it attacks with 3 tentacles or more on a single round. I'm thinking of having it attack with 2 per turn, and if 3 or more (total) land a hit, then the target vehicle is grappled.

It got me to thinking about Grappling, which I don't believe is really addressed in the rules.

Outside of some martial arts moves here, I don't see it discussed here on this site, either.

Have you used any kind of grapple rule in your game?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since this will be ship/vehicle grappling. I would treat the creature's tentacles like tractor beams and just use the rules for those.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea. And for the 'Hull Roll' for the vehicle, I could substitute its Body Strength, if it chooses to do a Grab rather than outright damage.

Thanks, Raven!
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear Jeebus in Heaven, not the grappling rules!
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://bloodandhonor.fandom.com/wiki/Sanbo_Martial_Arts

Found this on "of Blood and Honor" a Star Wars D6 site.

Sanbo here is based on the martial arts ruels, and is a specialzed grappling martila arts.

Now not how these would work out with a beast or non humanoid, but is at least maybe something
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: