The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Question about the "Star Wars Classic Adventures"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG -> Question about the "Star Wars Classic Adventures"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumpy Gamorrean
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:44 pm    Post subject: Question about the "Star Wars Classic Adventures" Reply with quote

I have a question for anyone who has read the free "Star Wars Classic Adventures" https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3tO4WffOVuTMTNPTVBKcXEwc3c that I understand was put together by the now defunct SWD6 Google+ group.

That question being, is this basically the WEG Star Wars 1st Edition rules rewritten for clarity and better organization? or is it something else?

I ask as I'm not super familiar with this pdf nor the original 1E version of the WEG rules.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the REUP of 1e created by the REUP team that has completely abandoned the project and left the community for reasons unknown. I think it was created to reformat the 1e rules but honestly I haven't looked at since it first came out and only very briefly then.

I've played the three official 1e and both 2e sub-editions of the WEG SW RPG as they came out new, and in my opinion they overall got better with each version (culminating with R&E). I have a lot of nostalgia for 1e, and there are a few aspects/inspirations of it I have carried through to my modern house system, so I'm sorry I don't know more about this. It isn't talked about much here, and I feel the Introductory Adventure Game is a better game than any of the three official versions of 1e.

And the FFG-released 30th anniversary box set is a modern version of the 1e core game still for sale new in some places, so this free PDF version is somewhat competition for that, which is why I never uploaded it to the Rancor Pit Library after finding out that the project had been abandoned and there wouldn't be a second edition with the errors fixed.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Grumpy Gamorrean
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the detailed answer Supreme Chancellor, I appreciate it.

And my FFG 30th Anniversary set is in the mail so to speak as I type this Smile .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: