The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Mandalorian [Spoilers Allowed]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> The Mandalorian [Spoilers Allowed] Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
I must've watched the first episode a dozen times. He says he can only give the last 4 digits of the chain code. Mando responds by incredulously asking "You can only tell me the target's AGE?". At which point they agree, and state that the target is 50 years old.

OK, at least that would clear up my confusion. Thanks.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just rewatched that section of the episode a minute ago. It is the last 4 digits of the chain code, that target's age. 50 years old. That's not how old the information or tracking fob was, that was the age of the target.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just WOW, BOBA FETT in Live action and he IS a "mando" too-ish
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Baby Yoda just going to town on those two Stormies like it was nothing, until exhaustion hit.

'Course, how close is his pushing those DSPs for doing things like Force Choking and Force "Beat-A-Mo'Fo-With-Another-Mo'Fo!"
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Tragedy Reply with quote

Cool action, but ugh...

Mamatried wrote:
Just WOW, BOBA FETT in Live action and he IS a "mando" too-ish

I do like that Jango Fett was a Mandalorian foundling. I don't think Boba is just mando-ish. I don't think they have to be unrelated adopted children to be a part of it. I think biological children could be too. Of course Boba Fett is technically neither. He is a clone of Jango intentionally created to be raised as a son. It makes sense to me if Jango and Boba Fett are both fully Mandalorian. And after Bo-Katan, Mando already seems to accept that not all Mandalorians have to hide their face.

I think it helps justify Jango Fett even wanting to have a son in the films. In AotC, Jango was there to satisfy the previously unfulfilled fan expectations for Fett in the classic trilogy—Jango is the Fett we always wanted Boba to be. And there had been old lore that Boba had been a part of an evil group of warriors that fought against the Jedi in the Clone Wars, so maybe Lucas was still inspired by that concept. Little kid Boba really doesn't make sense being in the story, so he comes across as just there to connect prequel backstory dots (I joke that AotC also means "A to C"). You can draw parallels to Anakin's loss of his parent but nothing of that ever comes to fruition because Boba didn't end up in RotS. One could attempt to say there is some deep implicit meaning behind Vader and Boba's relationship in the TESB maybe, but that's thin. And there is really no in-universe reason in the film itself why Jango would even want a son. So the Fetts being Mandalorians actually helps justify Boba's appearance in AotC, and his existence—Jango wanted a son to pass his armor on to.

But that is the end of the this show helping the films. The Mandalorian tried to stuff all former contradictory versions of Boba Fett into that one little suit of armor, and it just doesn't work.

Boba was definitely not a perfect clone of Jango. In AotC, Jango's actor had an action villain's build. In the CT, Boba Fett has a smaller build. (In the CT Boba and the stormtroopers were played by skinny men and women because less body is less armor needed to cover them, so less material cost.) Maybe the Kaminoans told Jango that Boba was a perfect clone, but I thought they really gave him a 'dud.' Kinda like how Rey's father and the Snokes were failed attempts at cloning Palpatine. So after five years of surviving in the deserts of Tatooine, Boba is now a beefy, brawny man and a total stormtrooper-slaying badass. It's laughable that the actor could barely even fit the armor's chest plate on—They didn't even try to make it look like it fit! They should have gotten the kid Boba Fett actor (who is grown-up now) to play Boba Fett, and just had the Jango actor overdub the voice.

In the films, the cloned apple falling far from the tree didn't bother me because Boba was far from his "father" in skill too. Boba was a joke in the CT, comedy relief. How could this Boba in the show be the same character from five years earlier in the timeline who missed Luke at point blank range while he was fighting goons and then got taken out by a blind man with a boat paddle? I wonder if his "spice dream" comment in the episode was alluding to the show going with my speculation that in RotJ, maybe Boba had severe spice addiction to explain why he was nothing like his father? It still doesn't explain his completely different build, unless spice addiction also shrinks your body too and he had this problem during the entire CT.

In this episode Boba even paraphrased his father's "creed" that he said to Kenobi in AotC, that he was just man trying to make his way in the galaxy. Jango was scoundrel without a heart of gold who would do any despicable thing he was hired to do. That was consistent with Boba's appearances in the CT, where he told Vader all he cared about was his money. Chip off the old block there. But the EU, Fett was somehow this moral man with a code who actually believed the Empire was the legitimate authority in the galaxy and never broke a promise. That never jived with the films even before the PT. So in this show they are wrangling that EU Boba into this canon Boba. Here Boba had promised the child would be unharmed if Mando turned over his armor. Then during the fight, Boba gets his armor himself, so he know longer needed Mando to hand it over. His promise should be null and void, but now he feels he has to help Mando get the child back because he took the armor without Mando handing it over?

And cheshire called it that it was Boba who stood over the Fennec Shand, but somehow in the middle of the desert he saved her from dying with cybernetics, hours after she was lying there for dead? And she was an untrustworthy assassin, but now she is Boba's sidekick who helps him fulfill all his promises? And if Boba was such a badass, how the hell could he not have just taken the armor from that Cobb Vanth back on Tatooine? He had years to do it. He could have just hovered over that town in Slave-1 and said he would blow it up if they didn't hand over the armor.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boba cfett awalys honors his deals.

I now fear for the poor imperials that are just to get back all that power the rebellion took from them, they will get sohind whoop whooping
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking with one of my players and we were laughing at how much that episode was like a RPG session...and not necessarily in a good way.

It was like the GM was introducing two new PCs to the party. Their back stories have them as antagonists...but as PCs they are expected to form a party.

So we have the initial tough-talk and then they suprisingly sort out their differences with a minimum of drama (Hey...that's Bob playing Boba Fett...he's another PC.) Then the GM says "Here comes the storm troopers.

Meahwhile we have the Player who has Din Djarin saying "Is the child done yet?"

GM: "You see a pillar of energy around him. He seems entranced."

Player: "Well, we gotta jet, so...I grab him."

GM: "You get a surge of energy....and take a stun and get knocked back five meters."

Player: "Huh? Okay....well, I try again. I'll roll my strength and add a character point..."

GM: *Sigh*....

Then later:

GM: "A sudden bolt of light streaks from orbit...hitting the Razor Crest...better roll your hull..."

Player: "Okay with my shields thats..."

GM: "No, it's landed. There's no shields on..."

Player: "Can i spend character points?"

GM: "NO...you aren't even in it...just roll your hull.....aaaaand.....it's destoyed."

Player: "DAMN!! How badly damaged is it this time?!"

GM: "No...it's destroyed. Completely."

Player "What about my credits and cargo?"

GM: "All destroyed."

Player: "Aww C'mon...what about that spear?!"

GM: "Destroyed."

Player: "But it was beskar!"

GM: "Oh....right. Uh...you poke around in the fragments a bit...and find it."

Player "And the kid's ball?"

GM: "Sure...whatever...."
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far so good.

I hate every single thing about this show, on paper. In practice, it is glorious.

Makes me wish with great wistful sadness that this crew was in charge of the sequel trilogy.

The film synthesis is really strong in this show. There are some real Mad Max things being channeled, as well as the obvious things like Dune. I just can't get over how good this show is.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a friend of mine put it, "It had Boba Fett in it, and, and... I didn't hate him!"

This is a major thing considering the hate he usually had for the character and his fanbois. Laughing
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife couldn't watch it yesterday so we watched it again with her. Why did Gideon's ship not blast the Slave-1 like it had the Razor Crest? Slave-1 was flying in a straight line and got close to it, but it ignored Slave-1.

And did you see the hatred and evil glee in Boba when he was killing all those stormtroopers? Dude is Dark Side. Maybe he will betray Mando.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure. Mando brings the fighting. Boba loves him a fight. They might become bros looking for a fight.

Training young Gorgu to be a Mando as well...
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you all notice that Grogu was NOT ALONE at the seeing stone?

When we see din walk down the hill the camera background shows TWO shadows up there, TWO figures.

So Grogu did reach out and he did get a response....but from who?

I just found this out seeing a break down of the episode, but could try find where in the episode exactly this happens, but it should be about the time Din is walking down the hill to where he meets Boba Fett

Roughly 8:42 but watch closely the background and the seeingstone just before din meets boba, you see in the back two distinct figures, one on the stone being grogu and one other standing at the side.

very intetesting indeed.
Barbarossa41
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw an interesting fan theory that the Jedi Grogu reaches is Mace Windu.
If so, it would create a very interesting character dynamic with Boba, given their history...
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbarossa41 wrote:
If so, it would create a very interesting character dynamic with Boba, given their history...

It is absolutely within the realm of possibilty, as the shadowy figure that di meet grogu there seemed to be a jedi wearing the clasic robes, and if that is the case it eleminates quite a few fan favorites and makes others quite more likely, so yes, it may well be.

I am just excted to who that jedi was, since we saw him/her for several second I am sure will see him/her again
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
My wife couldn't watch it yesterday so we watched it again with her. Why did Gideon's ship not blast the Slave-1 like it had the Razor Crest? Slave-1 was flying in a straight line and got close to it, but it ignored Slave-1.

Apparently they did not want to get Fett angry as a seismic charge would split their ship pretty quick. Laughing
Seriously, I think they were preparing to jump to lightspeed as soon as dark troopers land, not to fight.

Barbarossa41 wrote:

If a team of Din Djarin, Boba Fett and Fennec Shand will be joined by Windu and go after Grogu, I doubt the Empire Remnants will be able to form the early First Order before disintegration.
Still, I wonder how Fett would feel seeing Windu, who killed Jango...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 18 of 33

Jump to: