The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Get your new TESB avatars for the 40th anniversary!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Get your new TESB avatars for the 40th anniversary!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:10 am    Post subject: Get your new TESB avatars for the 40th anniversary! Reply with quote

I like avatars and I encourage all forum users to select one. They are fun. Avatars give the pages more color and imagery that break up the walls of text. I wanted to give everyone a lot more full 100x100 options.

The Avatar Project has been a slow going process. I realized that if I moved the pre-Disney avatars around to new folders, that would remove the avatars from a lot of old posts by people no longer here to reselect it or select a new one, so I had to leave all the existing ones in the original (previously only) avatar gallery folder _StarWars. The few people who had selected Disney film-based avatars will find the files were moved so the avatar needs to be reselected.

So I've been in the process of adding avatars, focusing on film-related avatars but definitely not completely film-based. The new DT folder has all three of those films combined but it has 50 total avatars with several new ones. I added some new ones for RO and Solo too. I kinda went overboard on TMP by adding a lot of characters no one would ever choose and making them two-character avatars so the characters are smaller. I think that "bust" or headshot single-character avatars are probably the best ones.

Anyway, after TPM I skipped ahead to TESB in case anyone wanted to choose one for the 40th anniversary (May 21st). A lot of these were made from screencaps directly from the Disney+ films. If you don't want to choose TESB, there are several other news avatars. Just go the Avatar Gallery at the bottom of your profile edit page, then select an avatar gallery folder and hit Go. There are many more avatars on the way, slowly.

Just for fun I made and chose the original Emperor hologram as a temporary avatar. I have the original version of TESB in two formats but I haven't see the original version of TESB since 1996. Unlike three years ago for the Star Wars 40th, my family is not watching the original version of TESB because I want to watch the Disney 4K versions on our new 4K TV we got this year. We watched RO and ANH this past weekend, and I got a little sleepy during ANH when I was very well rested and shouldn't have been tired. After watching TESB Thursday night and RotJ on Monday (also 4K on 4K), I am giving the classic films a long break. They look better than ever and I don't love them any less, but I've just seen them well over 100 times each. That's just too much for any nerd.

I like to make new characters for my game out of the images of the original characters that were replaced in revised editions of the films. I've got the old Anakin ghost, but I've wanted to make some "Empress" out of the image of the hologram of the original Emperor which was a woman underneath the make-up and superimposed chimp eyes. Dark Side Force user? Definitely. Sith-related in some way? Maybe. Empress of what? Hmm...
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: