The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How would you handle this "Character Concept"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> How would you handle this "Character Concept"? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bissler wrote:
I wouldn't allow any more than one force user in my party after running a campaign where there were two. It was a long time before they got any decent powers (probably about 30 sessions) because it was hard to find any mentors, but once they did, they started seriously dominating play. We played over 50 sessions but I know the other players felt frustrated by how powerful the Jedis were by the end of it. After taking a break for 2 years and starting a new campaign with fresh characters, I'm quite pleased that we now have no force users!

I ran a game in college where practically everyone was a Jedi or proto-Jedi (i.e. Force Sensitive, with interest in learning). The one guy who was not? I gave him non-Jedi powers. He was a local Capo for the Hutt organization. He had two toughs who did his physical fighting for him, letting him concentrate on the less physical skills he wanted to emphasize... his character would MAP Dodge and Command, while his Gamoreans would beat down Stormtroopers.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on how you dole out XP, and keep mentors/masters in check, force using PCs shouldn't get to domination level powers that swiftly...
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Depending on how you dole out XP, and keep mentors/masters in check, force using PCs shouldn't get to domination level powers that swiftly...

Jedi starting off too weak and becoming to powerful is really the main complaint I ever hear about the SW D6 system. It has such an easy fix. Start all PCs better than RAW, and slow down advancement for all PCs.

And yes, the GM completely controls the skill level of each mentor so Force PC advancement is limited in that way.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Straxus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
garhkal wrote:

Jedi starting off too weak and becoming to powerful is really the main complaint I ever hear about the SW D6 system. It has such an easy fix. Start all PCs better than RAW, and slow down advancement for all PCs.

And yes, the GM completely controls the skill level of each mentor so Force PC advancement is limited in that way.

It's kinda been a thing from the original D&D rules, that magic users are weak and useless at first, but it's "balanced" because they get überpowered at higher levels Confused That just means the group is unbalanced except for a little bit in the middle... It was a bit of a shock to me the first time I played Shadowrun, coming from D&D... "Wait, you're a magician? And you're wearing armour? And you can shoot with a machine gun??" Shocked Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: