The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The "Aftermath"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> The "Aftermath"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: The "Aftermath" Reply with quote

Have anyone ran campaigns in the years between ROTJ and TFA?

I was a player in a campaign that began with the battle of endor and then continued in what is now legends.

we did move into the thrwan trilogy timeline, but with a custom campaign
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a few that started before hand, and continued afterwards. BUT usually they pettered out due to me (or many of my players) moving elsewhere.
Potroclo
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a 4+ year long (IRL) custom campaign set some years after RoTJ, but back then it was only "after RoTJ", not "between RoTJ and TFA" mind you... We didn't have so much material concerning EU either, but we made it fit as best we could, mainly avoiding any major events/planets/characters. It revolved around an ex-Imperial warlord we ended up defeating with our own New Republic navy (small) fleet. I ended up writing a 500 pages long novelization for all the players involved. It was great times.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potroclo wrote:
I played a 4+ year long (IRL) custom campaign set some years after RoTJ, but back then it was only "after RoTJ", not "between RoTJ and TFA" mind you... We didn't have so much material concerning EU either, but we made it fit as best we could, mainly avoiding any major events/planets/characters. It revolved around an ex-Imperial warlord we ended up defeating with our own New Republic navy (small) fleet. I ended up writing a 500 pages long novelization for all the players involved. It was great times.

Sounds awesome.

We didn't know about TFA at the time either, but I put it out there for the not 100ABY legends and the Vong stuff.

Our campaign started as a rebel attack on an imperial depot, preventing supplies to be shipped to the ongoing battle of endor. At the end of the battle the players got missions to link up with rebel cells in warlord held worlds and help them fighght and stuff, with some surprises here and there.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The "Aftermath" Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
The "Aftermath"

Have anyone ran campaigns in the years between ROTJ and TFA?

I was a player in a campaign that began with the battle of endor and then continued in what is now legends.
Mamatried wrote:
We didn't know about TFA at the time either, but I put it out there for the not 100ABY legends and the Vong stuff.

Thanks for clarifying. From your OP I thought you were specifically asking if anyone had run a campaign taking place specifically in the canon timeline post-TFA. But now it seems that you weren't trying to limit which metaplot the game takes place in for your question, but rather the time period as post-RotJ/pre-Vong. However, that is still confusing because The New Jedi Order starts in 25 ABY while TFA takes place in 34 ABY, so final 9 years of the OP timeframe are actually not pre-Vong.

So it would have been more clear to just specify, "Has anyone ran campaigns taking place from 5-24 ABY?" Or something to that effect.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did an on-line game once, as a player, where the DM ran in the era of the Vong for just over 4 months...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: