The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Movie Character Advantages & Disadvantages
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Movie Character Advantages & Disadvantages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Movie Character Advantages & Disadvantages Reply with quote

Just as a thought experiment, what sorts of Advantages & Disadvantages (from D6 Space) would the major film characters have? For the sake of argument, let's start off with just the characters from the Major NPCs section of the Star Wars Sourcebook?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the D6 Space terminology, but Shadowrun had a very similar system. Off the top of my head:

Luke: Flaw - Naive (penalties to Con, Streetwise, Gambling, etc.)
Han: Flaw or Advantage - Scoundrel (penalties when interacting with law enforcement or authority types; bonuses to Con, Streetwise, Gambling)
Han: Debt (looking up D6 Space now), Equipment (Falcon)
Leia: Wealth, Contacts
Tupteq
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vader: Davotion, Infamy, Equipment, Wealth, Authority
Chewbaca: Prejudice, Longevity, Enemy, Skill Bonus (climbing), Achilles Heel (can't speak basic)
Boba Fett: Combat Sense, Equipment, Bad Luck Smile
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tupteq wrote:
Vader: Davotion, Infamy, Equipment, Wealth, Authority
Chewbaca: Prejudice, Longevity, Enemy, Skill Bonus (climbing), Achilles Heel (can't speak basic)
Boba Fett: Combat Sense, Equipment, Bad Luck Smile

Ain't that the truth....
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Bad Luck is appropriate, though. Certainly he experiences a major personal tragedy with the death of his father, and then gets punted into the Sarlacc, but he also has a reputation as one of the galaxy's most feared bounty hunters. That doesn't come about via a slapstick comedy of errors.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject: MOVIE Character Advantages & Disadvantages Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
I don't know if Bad Luck is appropriate, though. Certainly he experiences a major personal tragedy with the death of his father, and then gets punted into the Sarlacc, but he also has a reputation as one of the galaxy's most feared bounty hunters. That doesn't come about via a slapstick comedy of errors.

That reputation is only in publication. As a movie character, Boba Fett is just the bounty hunter that tracked the Falcon to Cloud City, and then got slap-sticked into the sarlaac pit and went out with burp. Not everyone lives up to their reputation, and as a film character he certainly did not live up to his publishing reputation. But that is really putting the cart before the horse. I feel a more accurate statement would be that his publishing reputation simply contradicted the primary source material (the films). Just like a lot of other things in the EU and EU2.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: