The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Sith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Sith
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Sith Reply with quote

Any one play a Sith apprentice that ran away from his master and went light side?
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though on an indefinite hiatus I'm playing a Light Sith Cultist on the run from the empire, her Cult was wiped out, she's but an Initiate, but has potential.

Dose that count?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did she get redeemed?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the closest I ever came was: I ran a one-on-one campaign some time back that took place during the "Dark Times." The character was a newly minted Jedi Knight around the time that the Jedi Order fell. With the help of a young padawan and a couple of others, he tried to go to ground during the Purge, managing to avoid the worst of it, but still getting pulled into an occasional situation.

During this time, the character fell in love with one of his companions and married her. Over the next few small adventures, he found himself blurring the line between Light and Dark more and more, justifying it by saying that it was a selfless act because he was doing it to protect her.

It took a while, but he fell from grace, embracing his darker abilities and practices. His wife and friends were appalled by his changes, but given their desperate situation, they let it slide. The character even went so far as to seek out Sith teachings to try to "Learn new powers to help protect my loved ones."

Towards the end of the campaign, the character found out that he was going to be a father. This caused the character to begin reflecting on his choices once more, realizing just how far he had fallen.

Trying to right his wrongs and make himself a better person once more proved a difficult task, one that he never did completely accomplish.

The Empire discovered the group's whereabouts shortly before his wife gave birth. The character ended up sacrificing himself to save the others, buying them enough time to escape and cover their trail, guaranteeing their future safety.

We ended the campaign with the mother talking with her pre-teen daughter, telling her that her father was a Jedi Knight and that she was proud to have been part of his life. It turned into a really moving ending to the story.

Our intent was to pick up another campaign where the player would play their previous character's child, but we've never gotten back to it. I still hope that it happens some day, but I guess only time will tell.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

she was raised in a Light Sith Cult, they hid during the era of the Republic to avoid Jedi Prodigious and around two decades of the Empire because of the Only Two rule, then one night the Inquisitors and their black clad Storm Troopers came.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a game that started on here, but went into indefinite hiatus. Set during the end of the Sith wars, my character was an apprentice who escaped Ruusaan with several mercenaries who'd worked for one of the Sith lords, aboard the ship that belonged to my character's master.

His fate was highly up in the air, because although he'd had to masquerade as a light sider (he hadn't been very deeply steeped in the dark side yet; he'd been taught mostly abilities that are common among both groups) because they'd fled back to Republic space to avoid being possibly killed by any surviving Sith lords...but his master seemed to have seen vision's of his future, and had made some provisions to continue his training, even after his master's seeming demise during the last Battle of Ruusaan.

It'd be nice to take that game back up, because I'd like to see what happens as he progresses in a new galaxy, one without a huge Sith presence.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB 2.0 wrote:
garhkal wrote:

she was raised in a Light Sith Cult, they hid during the era of the Republic to avoid Jedi Prodigious and around two decades of the Empire because of the Only Two rule, then one night the Inquisitors and their black clad Storm Troopers came.

How can one be both a sith and in a light side cult?
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down the Millennium there have bean many Sith Lords who have realised that the Dark Side would End the Sith, a couple have even had visions, back in the days of the Sith Empire the "Grey's" could hide in plane sight or where ignored, but those who became "Light" where hunted down and distorted, some started some Light Sith Masters started Cults, things generally ended badly for them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: