The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Battletech Crossover Stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Battletech Crossover Stats Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, those are the three main ones I wanted to do for the Alliance. I have stats partially done for the Atlas, but I want to wrap my head around exactly how to write rules for walkers equipped with hands before I post it. The Atlas will be a Balmorran Arms product, basically one of their SD-Series Battle Droids on an epic scale.

And now that I'm working on it, the Atlas has overcome the mental block I was having regarding upright walkers. I'm considering making them essentially giant droids, with a single crewman who provides supervision and steps in when needed. I expect I will be concentrating on the old Robotech models, specifically the Longbow, Rifleman and Warhammer. I'll just use the in-game explanation that upright bipedal walkers are exclusive of Balmorran Arms walkers...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's what I'm thinking for Walker-Scale Brawling attacks:

Use Maneuverability + Walker Operations for Fire Control

Stomp - All Walkers may attempt to trample smaller vehicles, crushing them beneath their feet. This inflicts normal ramming damage to the target, and no damage to the Walker. However, due to size constraints, a Walker must have a Body Strength of at least 4D greater than its target to attempt a Stomp Attack. This restriction is waived if the target is another Walker that has been knocked down.

Punch - Any Walker with arms may attempt to strike an opponent with them, inflicting Walker-Scale damage equal to its own Body rating. However, on a Wild Dice failure, the weapons on that arm are damaged. Walkers with hand-actuators ignore this rule, and inflict Body + 1D damage.

Knockdown - Walkers are vulnerable to being unbalanced and knocked off their feet, especially by other walkers. To resolve knockdown attacks, add the Walker's Body to its pilot's Walker Operations skill and make an opposed roll. If the target loses, compare the result to the Vehicle Movement Mishap Chart (Core Rulebook, page 109)

Throw - Any Walker with hand-actuators may attempt to pick up and throw a smaller object. Object must be at least 4D less than the Walker's Body Strength.

Lifting - Any Walker with hand actuators may attempt to pick up an object. The Walker has a Lifting skill equal to its Body + Scale Modifier + 1D + 1 pip for every 3 points by which the Walker Pilot succeeded on an Easy Walker Operations skill roll to attempt the lift.

That's pretty much what I can think of at the moment. Let me know if you think of something I missed.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlas-Class Battle Walker
Craft: Balmorran Arms' Atlas-Class
Type: All-Terrain Assault Walker
Scale: Walker
Length: 7 meters (16 meters tall)
Skill: Walker Operation: Atlas
Crew: 1 + droid brain (can coordinate)
Crew Skill:
Sensors 4D
Vehicle Blasters 5D
Walker Operation 5D
Cargo Capacity: 1 metric ton
Cover: Full
Cost: Not Available For Sale
Maneuverability: 1D
Move: 21; 60 kph
Body: 6D
Sensors:
Passive 2km/0D
Scan 4km/1D
Search 6km/2D
Focus 300m/3D
Weapons:
1 Turbolaser Cannon
Fire Arc: Front
Skill: Vehicle Blasters
Fire Control: 3D
Range: 300m-1.5km/3.5km/7.5km
Damage: 6D
1 Missile Launcher
Skill: Missile Weapons
Fire Control: 2D
Range:: 200m-1.2km/3km/6km
Rate of Fire: Singly or in volleys of 2 to 10
Damage: 8D
Ammo: 10 missiles (50 reloads)
4 Medium Laser Cannon
Fire Arc: 1 Front/Left, 1 Front/Right, 2 Front (Can be fire-linked in Front Arc)
Range: 50m-500m/1km/2km
Damage: 4D
2 Hand Actuators (1 Front/Left, 1 Front/Right)
Note:
-The Atlas' main fuselage may rotate to face either the Left or Right Fire Arcs, but may only fire in one Fire Arc per round, and requires two rounds to move from Left to Right or Right to Left.
-In addition, if the main fuselage is angled to either the Right or Left Fire Arc, the Weapon Arm on that side may angle to fire into the Rear Fire Arc.
-The pilot suffers no penalty to Walker Operation regardless which arc the fuselage is facing.
Capsule:
While Balmorran Arms is primarily known for its SD-Series Battle Droids, its Atlas-Class Battle Walker has also proven an excellent addition to the Empire's doctrine of terror. The Atlas resembles nothing so much as a lumbering giant with a skull for a head, striking fear in the hearts of all who encounter it. Neither is fear its only weapon, as the heavily armed Atlas mounts a potent mix of both energy and projectile weaponry. In addition, Balmorran Arms has taken a novel approach to walker operation by integrating a battle droid central processor into the Atlas' command systems. This allows the pilot to concentrate on a single task while issuing verbal instructions to the droid brain, which handles all functions other than that which the pilot is operating.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Okay, here's what I'm thinking for Walker-Scale Brawling attacks:

Use Maneuverability + Walker Operations for Fire Control

Stomp - All Walkers may attempt to trample smaller vehicles, crushing them beneath their feet. This inflicts normal ramming damage to the target, and no damage to the Walker. However, due to size constraints, a Walker must have a Body Strength of at least 4D greater than its target to attempt a Stomp Attack. This restriction is waived if the target is another Walker that has been knocked down.

Punch - Any Walker with arms may attempt to strike an opponent with them, inflicting Walker-Scale damage equal to its own Body rating. However, on a Wild Dice failure, the weapons on that arm are damaged. Walkers with hand-actuators ignore this rule, and inflict Body + 1D damage.

Knockdown - Walkers are vulnerable to being unbalanced and knocked off their feet, especially by other walkers. To resolve knockdown attacks, add the Walker's Body to its pilot's Walker Operations skill and make an opposed roll. If the target loses, compare the result to the Vehicle Movement Mishap Chart (Core Rulebook, page 109)

Throw - Any Walker with hand-actuators may attempt to pick up and throw a smaller object. Object must be at least 4D less than the Walker's Body Strength.

Lifting - Any Walker with hand actuators may attempt to pick up an object. The Walker has a Lifting skill equal to its Body + Scale Modifier + 1D + 1 pip for every 3 points by which the Walker Pilot succeeded on an Easy Walker Operations skill roll to attempt the lift.

That's pretty much what I can think of at the moment. Let me know if you think of something I missed.

You also need the Iconic DFA
Death From Above
Some rare walkers have the capacity to make short "Hops" or jumps, much like characters wearing jump packs or rocket packs. These walkers can then Jump onto targets, causing 4d+ their body rating in damage +scale, but suffer in that if they miss the target roll by 4 or more, they need to make an immediate vehicle operation roll at a 20 difficulty, or fall over.

I would love to see you do a walker version of say the Archer, Battle master or Hatchetman..
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having enough trouble staying motivated for the ones I'm already working on. But if you want to use my stats as a basis for something, go right ahead.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
So what SW weapon are you going to sub in for
PPCs
Pulse lasers
Auto cannons

Incidentally, if I were...

Particle Projection Cannon - Can fire either a neutral particle beam or an ionized beam (inflicting either normal or ion damage, declared prior to the shot)

Pulse Lasers - Since these already technically exist in the SWU, I'd like to apply them to the beam weapons seen on the LAATs in AOTC, as something distinct from regular lasers or blasters

Auto-Cannons - EM or gravity based rail or coil guns

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Here goes for MY interpretation of the Archer (basing it on your stuff)..
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608000518706302236&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Archer Fire support Walker.
Craft: Balmorran Arms' Archer FCW
Length: 6 meters (14 meters tall)
Skill: Walker Operation: Archer
Crew: 2
Crew Skill:
Sensors 4D
Vehicle Blasters 5D
Missile Weapons 6D
Walker Operation 5D
Cargo Capacity: 800 kg
Maneuverability: 2D
Move: 28; 90 KPH
Body: 4D+1
Sensors:
Passive 2km/1D
Scan 4km/2D
Search 6km/3D
Focus 300m/3D+2
Weapons:
Two 10-launcher Missile systems
Fire Control: 2D, can be fired as a single 10 pack at once at 4D FC)
Rate of Fire: Singly or in volleys of 2 to 10
Damage: Depends on missile type.
Standard are 5d+2 individually, 9D if all fired at once from one launcher
Can also carry:
Vibra-bombs. Sets up a 6d damage (speeder scale) 20ft radius mine field set off by large movement in area (walkers and ground vehicles)
Inferno rounds. Causes 8d/7d/6d/5d/4d fire damage (speeder scale) in a 0-2m/4m/6m/8m/10m blast zone, drops 1d per round of burning.
Thunder rounds. Similar to Vibra-bombs, these work against Repulsorlift units and hovers.
4 Medium Laser Cannon
Fire Arc: 2 Front (can swivel 75 degrees left or right), 2 Rear (can swivel 75 degrees left or right) Can be fire linked in their pairs
Note:
-The Archer' main fuselage may rotate to face either the Left or Right Fire Arcs, but may only fire in one Fire Arc per round, and requires two rounds to move from Left to Right or Right to Left.
-The pilot suffers no penalty to Walker Operation regardless which arc the fuselage is facing.
Capsule:
While Balmorran Arms is primarily known for its SD-Series Battle Droids, its Archer-Class Fire support Walker has also proven an excellent addition to the Empire's doctrine of terror.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

How are their duties divided up? Is it 1 pilot, 1 gunner, or 2 (can coordinate)?

Quote:
Move: 28; 90 KPH

According to the BattleTech Wiki, the Archer had a top speed of 65 kph.

Quote:
Two 10-launcher Missile systems

Why not two missile launchers with Ammo: 10 each?

EDIT: According to the BattleTech Wiki, the Archer has enough ammo for "two minutes of continuous fire", however that translates over from the BattleTech rules.

Quote:
4 Medium Laser Cannon
Fire Arc: 2 Front (can swivel 75 degrees left or right), 2 Rear (can swivel 75 degrees left or right)

Since under the RAW, weapons in the Front Fire Arc can target anything in that arc, why not just say Front, then give them higher FC due to their ability to swivel and target?

Other than that, looks good.

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, this is a version of the Archer I like. They moved the lasers out to the arms, and the design just looks better (IMO).

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
garhkal wrote:

How are their duties divided up? Is it 1 pilot, 1 gunner, or 2 (can coordinate)?

Other than that, looks good.

I went with one pilot one gunner (should have clarified).

And thanks.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob.

One more thing... the Archer is supposed to have 2 LRM-20's, so shouldn't each launcher have a maximum of 20 instead of 10?

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
PPCs
Pulse lasers
Auto cannons

Just out of curiosity, how would you port the weapons over? I've gone energy-weapons-heavy on all of my stats because thats the standard for the SWU. Pulse lasers are basically the SWU's blaster cannon, and heavy repeating blasters in place of machineguns. I could see having a PPC inflict both normal and ion damage with the same shot (its description specifically mentions that multiple hits can cause electrical damage to its target). As for auto cannons, in the SWU they are either second-tier weapons or are used for delivering specific payloads, but generally lack the energy delivery capability (and ammo capacity) of blaster weapons.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
No prob.

One more thing... the Archer is supposed to have 2 LRM-20's, so shouldn't each launcher have a maximum of 20 instead of 10?

Depends on which model of archer.
You have the Archer-2K, which has a pair of LRM-15s
The 2R which has the paired LRM-20s
The 2S which has both a pair of LRM-15s and a pair of SRM-4s,
The 2W which keeps the SRM-4s but goes back up to LRM-20s, by reducing the ARMOR it has

And many other variations. SO i could see bumping them up to the LRM-15 type missile launcher system.
So here goes..

Craft: Balmorran Arms' Archer FCW 2K
Crew: 2, 1 pilot, one gunner.
Crew Skill:
Sensors 4D
Vehicle Blasters 5D
Missile Weapons 6D
Walker Operation 5D
Move: 28; 65 KPH
Body: 4D+1
Sensors:
Passive 2km/1D
Scan 4km/2D
Search 6km/3D
Focus 300m/3D+2
Weapons:
Two 15-launcher Missile systems
Fire Control: Can be fired in single/5 tube/10 tube or 15 tube configurations. FC is 1d+2/2d+2/3d+2/or 4d+2
Rate of Fire: Singly or in volleys of of 5, 10 or 15 missiles (at +1d+2/+3d or +4d+2 damage respectively)
Standard are 5d+2 individually,
Can also carry:
Vibra-bombs. Sets up a 6d damage (speeder scale) 20ft radius mine field set off by large movement in area (walkers and ground vehicles)
Inferno rounds. Causes 8d/7d/6d/5d/4d fire damage (speeder scale) in a 0-2m/4m/6m/8m/10m blast zone, drops 1d per round of burning.
Thunder rounds. Similar to Vibra-bombs, these work against Repulsorlift units and hovers.
4 Medium Laser Cannon
Fire Arc: 2 Front (can swivel 75 degrees left or right), 2 Rear (can swivel 75 degrees left or right) Can be fire linked in their pairs
Note:
-The Archer' main fuselage may rotate to face either the Left or Right Fire Arcs, but may only fire in one Fire Arc per round, and requires two rounds to move from Left to Right or Right to Left.
Capsule:
While Balmorran Arms is primarily known for its SD-Series Battle Droids, its Archer-Class Fire support Walker has also proven an excellent addition to the Empire's doctrine of terror.
This unit carries enough ammunition for 6 full volleys from each launcher (at 15 missiles as a full volley).

There exists 2 variants, one the 2R, lessens the speed and hull rating, to support the weight gain from upgrading to a pair of 20 missile tube launchers. And the 2S which lowers the hull rating a little so it can add in a pair of shorter range quad tube launchers.

Craft: Balmorran Arms' Archer FCW-2R
Crew Skill:
Sensors 4D
Vehicle Blasters 5D
Missile Weapons 6D
Walker Operation 5D
Move: 20; 50 KPH
Body: 3d+1
Sensors:
Passive 2km/1D
Scan 4km/2D
Search 6km/3D
Focus 300m/3D+2
Weapons:
Two 20-launcher Missile systems
Fire Control: Can be fired in single/5 tube/10 tube/15 tube or 20 tube configurations. FC is 1d+2/2d+2/3d+2/4d+2 or 5d+2 respectively
Rate of Fire: Singly or in volleys of of 5, 10 15 or 20 missiles (at +1d+2/+3d/+4d+2 or +6d+1 damage respectively)
Standard are 5d+2 individually, 9D if all fired at once from one launcher
Can also carry:
4 Medium Laser Cannon
Note:
Capsule:
This unit carries enough Ammunition for 5 full volleys (at 20 tubes for a full volley).

Craft: Balmorran Arms' Archer FCW 2S
Crew: 2, 1 pilot, one gunner.
Crew Skill:
Sensors 4D
Vehicle Blasters 5D
Missile Weapons 6D
Walker Operation 5D
Move: 28; 65 KPH
Body: 3D+2
Sensors:
Passive 2km/1D
Scan 4km/2D
Search 6km/3D
Focus 300m/3D+2
Weapons:
Two 15-launcher Missile systems
Fire Control: Can be fired in single/5 tube/10 tube or 15 tube configurations. FC is 1d+2/2d+2/3d+2/or 4d+2
Rate of Fire: Singly or in volleys of of 5, 10 or 15 missiles (at +1d+2/+3d or +4d+2 damage respectively)
Standard are 5d+2 individually,
Can also carry:
Two 4-tube Short range missile systems.
Fire arc: Front
Skill: Missile weapons
Fire control: 3d+1 single tube, 4d Twin, or 4d+2 for a full quad tube volley.
Range: 50-100m/300m/700m.
Rate of fire: 1 2 or 4 tube. Can be fired each round regardless of configuration.
Damage: By missile. Add 1d for twin tube firing and 2d for Quad tube firing.
Missile types:
Standard - 6d+1 damage
Tandem charges - 4d+1 damage, but also causes 5d character scale damage to those inside
Inferno - as above
N.A.R.C - Acts as a laser designator on target, causing all missiles fired at unit, to add +2d to their gunnery roll.
Guardian scrambler rounds - acts as ECM on target setting up both a communication jamming field and acting as FC disruption of 2D, can be countered with sensor or communications roll of 25.
4 Medium Laser Cannon
Note:
Capsule:
This unit carries enough ammunition for 6 full volleys from each launcher (at 15 missiles as a full volley).

crmcneill wrote:
garhkal wrote:
PPCs
Pulse lasers
Auto cannons

Just out of curiosity, how would you port the weapons over? I've gone energy-weapons-heavy on all of my stats because thats the standard for the SWU. Pulse lasers are basically the SWU's blaster cannon, and heavy repeating blasters in place of machineguns. I could see having a PPC inflict both normal and ion damage with the same shot (its description specifically mentions that multiple hits can cause electrical damage to its target). As for auto cannons, in the SWU they are either second-tier weapons or are used for delivering specific payloads, but generally lack the energy delivery capability (and ammo capacity) of blaster weapons.

Pulse lasers, i would have as ignores shields, much like Ion cannons. BUT they would still be full damage, not "Stun"
PPCs, i would just count as turbolasers
ACs i would count as rail guns. And while yes, their hitting power may be lessened, their ranges IMO should be better, AND should also be able to get fired with less of an issue of the target detecting it.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Pulse lasers, i would have as ignores shields, much like Ion cannons. BUT they would still be full damage, not "Stun"
PPCs, i would just count as turbolasers

This doesn't make sense to me. The whole reason WEG ruled that Ion Cannon ignored shields was because they determined that a ship's shields were "ray shields" as mentioned by General Dodonna in ANH. Since ion cannon and missiles were "particles", ray shields would be ineffective against them.

By definition (according to the Battletech Wiki), pulse lasers fire the same energy as regular lasers, varying only in packet strength and rate of fire (lots of little shots instead of one big one). Therefore, if lasers and pulse lasers fire the same type of energy, and shields stop lasers, then pulse lasers should be stopped by shields as well. If anything, it should be the PPCs that aren't stopped by shields, as they fire both ions and neutral particles.

Quote:
ACs i would count as rail guns. And while yes, their hitting power may be lessened, their ranges IMO should be better, AND should also be able to get fired with less of an issue of the target detecting it.

I did something similar with them in my advanced starfighter rules, in that they had a minimal firing signature, and were thus a good match for stealth fighters. I'm also considering doing stats for the M.A.C. II from Robotech as a long-range artillery cannon mech, so auto cannon / mass drivers would be a good fit there, as well.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other problem I'm running into is the extremely narrow windows for Maneuverability on official Walker Stats. The AT-AT has none listed (presumably 0D), while the AT-ST has a Maneuverability of 1D. That really restricts how much room we have to maneuver (so to speak) when making some walkers more maneuverable than others. Make them too maneuverable and Imperial Walkers start to get outclassed pretty quickly, which can defeat the purpose of having them in the first place...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: