The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A brand new D6 supplement... Galaxy Guide: The Old Republic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> A brand new D6 supplement... Galaxy Guide: The Old Republic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, this is great - and it's why I love the fan community. I'll PM you my email and we can go from there.

And since I'm at it, I'd kick myself if I didn't ask - do either of you have the Revenge of the Sith sourcebook? Even if unfinished, if be happy to work with a work-in-progress doc, if just love to see that sucker released. (Also sheepishly, any other great unfinished works I don't know about Smile?)
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find going through the separate Saga conversion books is a pain in the but. I would strongly encourage taking all that information and put them into a single book.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll dig up my old files and see what I can share with you guys. I doubt I'll ever have the spare time to develop something from what I have (my god, I used to have so much spare time...) so I'm more than glad to share everything I can with others that can put it to good use.

I hope the mothballs kept the contents intact. This will be like rummaging through an old digital chest...
klhaviation
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a sneak peak at the GG:16, WOW! I wish I had you on the REUP team. GG:16 is looking great, a remarkable document to say the least.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do share with me as well. And welcome Back, Sarthy One! Smile
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel and I have briefly talked about GG16 and plan to Mojomoe on Shooting Womp Rats to talk about it once its released. From the Beta 6 he shared with us we were both blown away and looking forward with great enthusiasm for its release.

Same thing with Luwingo for the Medical source book.

We just released Wild Space Magazine #1 and getting #2 ready for March release as well as getting back into a regular podcast.

There is rumor of a REUP version of the Star Wars Introductory Adventure. I myself am strongly advocating taking all the stuff from the Saga Conversion Project and placing it a single book or updating the Stat Books with this information. Basically updating the format so it follows that presented in REUP.

Also talk of putting releases under the umbrella of Womp Rats Press. Getting the people with skills to work with people producing content and making it look the best it can.

Daniel has talked about a SWd6 OSR which I have been sort of luke warm to. Though I have to admit there seems to be quite a bit of movement over the last few months with some absolutely wonderful things for the community.

I see us at a point where indeed an OSR could take place. I think we have a window of opportunity and if we are lucky it could happen. How amazing would that be?
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSR?

And also, would the Medical Sourcebook cover more than medical equipment? It would be nice to see stats for the Medstar frigate from the Medstar duology, for example.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
OSR?

Old School Revival. The movement of the last couple of years of people playing older game system/mechanics or playing games skinned from older, beloved games with some tweaks.

Forceally wrote:
And also, would the Medical Sourcebook cover more than medical equipment? It would be nice to see stats for the Medstar frigate from the Medstar duology, for example.

Yes there is a lot more than just medical equipment. I would suggest listening to to upcoming Shooting Womp Rats episode #44. Also the thread concerning the source book can be found here.

As for the Medstar frigate, I do not remember seeing stats for it in the book. There are no official D6 stats for it, but a conversion from Saga appears in the fan-produced book, "D6 Conversion The Clone Wars Campaign Guide."
@swd6podcast, Twitter
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another (even more commonly used) term for it is Old School Renaissance.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hows this going mojomoe? will we see release soon?
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies, I didn't see this has been posted!

But yes: progress continues! I'm currently at work reformatting the new Force section; in the interests of completeness, this section is being thoroughly edited so that it conforms to three sources: the standard rules (REUP), the expanded set of Force powers (Gry Sarth's statbook and the Force Compendium), and the Tales of the Jedi sourcebook (dovetailing with powers known to be available during or after that age).

There is also continued work editing the Droids section in response to some comments by Cheshire, to ensure that both the upgraded and standard models of some of the more unique droids are in keeping with the accepted D6 stats.
Panzerjedi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope is goes well on the project.
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does Smile, and I appreciate the patience and continued interest. I know people are waiting, and *I* can't wait to show people!

Speaking of, I have a question: Since I recently got copies of Gry Sarth's unfinished Episode III book with plans to complete release it, I face a quandary.

Do I leave the Episode III book as GG16 and bump TOR to GG17? Or do we decide that the ROTS book "missed its mark," and it's the one that gets bumped to GG17?

INQUIRING MIMES WANT TO KNOW
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say bump the number. If nothing more than it was originally going to be 15 and follows the sequence of the previous books. In the end, it really doesn't matter.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Guides Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
I would say bump the number. If nothing more than it was originally going to be 15 and follows the sequence of the previous books. In the end, it really doesn't matter.

Yes, it does matter to those of us a little on the OCD side. In the original WEG GG series, the films GGs are every other GG, and odd (ANH=1, TESB=3, RotJ=5).

AotC is GG 15. Therefore, the Old Republic GG should be 16, and RotS should be 17.

Now for the sake of completeness, even though there is a TPM sourcebook, I would like to see TPM get the GG treatment too. Since the legendary GG13 doesn't actually exist in real life, we can make the TPM GG be 13 and that will preserve the pattern for the prequel GGs (13, 15, 17).

But Mojomoe, after GG 16 I'm fine with you doing GG 17 RotS first, then we can worry about TPM. 8)

Anyway, here is the summary:

13 - The Phantom Menace
14 - The Dark Side
15 - Attack of the Clones
16 - The Old Republic
17 - Revenge of the Sith
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: